Texas recruiting notes 2019

5 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

which WR's that we've missed out on were you really dismayed about us missing on them in the moment? 

knowing satya/sarva  -- I'd say any, every, and ALL WRs that we offered or looked at in a camp that didn't sign with Texas. Bonus points if they ended up at Aggy. Dismayed at UT recruiting is his natural state. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Evidently we've been searching in the tundra.

image.png

JFC you’re dumb. Go sort this list for WRs and tell me which game-changing TX WR we’ve missed that would’ve changed our program besides Dez.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/friv/birthplaces.cgi?country=USA&state=TX

its a pretty fucking barren list. Most of the highly drafted guys were Baylor WRs that wouldn’t have been nearly as successful here.

theres a long list of reasons we’ve sucked ass for 8 years. Terrible QB and OL play are towards the top. Missing out on in-state WRs is not. If you’re gonna bitch constantly, at least don’t be a fucking moron about it.

Edited by UT Lawnghorn
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Goodman said:

In the Coach Herman era, for me it's Lamb, Reagor & Hunt. 

It’s a little early to say that. Thereve been plenty of high-ranked guys that have added even more sand to the arid desert that is Satya’s Vagina that ended up not being that great, like Damarcus Lodge. 

I also don’t blame Herman for missing on those guys. That was due to Charlie’s incompetence. 

Edited by UT Lawnghorn

E.J. Holland: OL/DL/RB recruiting notes from The Opening Dallas

— Four-star defensive end/outside linebacker NaNa Osafo-Mensah said he is still torn between Notre Dame and Texas. However, he is excited about his official visit to Texas next weekend and said he is looking forward to the ‘best week ever.’ While Osafo-Mensah, who was named DL MVP, is playing things close to the vest, it appears the Longhorns have the edge heading into his May 19 decision.

— Four-star Arkansas offensive lineman Stacey Wilkins is also making an official visit to Texas next weekend. He said he is looking forward to spending more time with Herb Hand and getting to know him as a coach and a person. Wilkins visited UT for junior day and is excited about getting reacquainted with the staff. Oklahoma and Texas seem to be the two major players here.

— Fellow four-star offensive lineman Branson Bragg remains extremely high on Texas. He loved getting to spend time with Herb Hand on his visit last weekend and is building a stronger relationship with him by the day. While Stanford and Texas A&M remain threats, Texas has regained momentum in this recruitment.

— Five-star Louisiana defensive lineman Ishmael Sopsher is visiting as many schools as possible and is keeping his options open. He is keeping in constant contact with Texas defensive line coach Oscar Giles and plans to make a trip down to Austin in late May or June. Alabama and LSU are considered the early favorites.

— Texas is a major player for four-star Wichita Northwest (KS) defensive lineman Marcus Hicks. After missing out on DeMarvin Leal, Texas has been making Hicks more and more of a priority. In fact, Giles stopped by to see him last week, and the two are building a strong relationship. Oklahoma and Michigan are the other two schools really high on his mind.

— Four-star Seminary (MS) defensive lineman Nathan Pickering recently named Texas as one of his Top 10 schools. Pickering said he keeps in weekly contact with Giles and is building a better relationship with him. He plans to make a visit at some point this summer. Alabama, Florida, Mississippi State and LSU are considered the frontrunners in his recruitment.

— LSU running back commit Tyrion Davis actually made a covert visit to Texas a couple of months ago and is keeping in regular contact with running backs coach Stan Drayton. Davis said he is completely solid to LSU but is giving Texas a hard look and might make a return visit at some point this summer.

— Elite 2020 Oklahoma running back commit Jase McClellan visited Texas last weekend for the spring game and really enjoyed his time on campus. McClellan is building a great relationship with Drayton, and Texas is weighing heavily on his mind. McClellan might be a Sooners pledge, but he is keeping his options open.

— Texas is keeping tabs on a pair of 2020 Louisiana defensive linemen in Kenean Caldwell and Cam’ron Jackson. Both have visited Texas this offseason and are hoping for offers in the near future. They are definitely names to know.

38 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

It’s a little early to say that. Thereve been plenty of high-ranked guys that have added even more sand to the arid desert that is Satya’s Vagina that ended up not being that great, like Damarcus Lodge. 

I also don’t blame Herman for missing on those guys. That was due to Charlie’s incompetence. 

Way early but the ? I was responding to asked who we lost that I wanted in the class at that time. I failed to realize the subject was started by satycunt.

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

knowing satya/sarva  -- I'd say any, every, and ALL WRs that we offered or looked at in a camp that didn't sign with Texas. Bonus points if they ended up at Aggy. Dismayed at UT recruiting is his natural state. 

Think that would apply for every position.  Special attention to slot receiver and whatever pass rusher position is missed on.

3 hours ago, Fud said:

Putting a guy with zero coaching background as one of your ten assistants would be patently stupid. He needs to go the grad assistant, QC, or high school ranks route first. 

Leach started out at Cal Poly, then went to College of the Desert, Iowa Wesleyan, and then Valdosta State. That's a bit different than cutting your teeth as one of the ten assistant coaches at Texas. A move like that would reek of desperation. 

are we not desperate?

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

It’s all just rumbling to this point with him right?   I mean Baylor esque would require him to actually be charged with something.  

Plenty of smoke, no fire yet. I think he's untouchable, Oeaux thinks differently. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

It’s all just rumbling to this point with him right?   I mean Baylor esque would require him to actually be charged with something.  

The Baton Rouge PD probably gave a presentation on his OV

Also:

Edited by texifornia

5 hours ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

JFC you’re dumb. Go sort this list for WRs and tell me which game-changing TX WR we’ve missed that would’ve changed our program besides Dez.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/friv/birthplaces.cgi?country=USA&state=TX

its a pretty fucking barren list. Most of the highly drafted guys were Baylor WRs that wouldn’t have been nearly as successful here.

theres a long list of reasons we’ve sucked ass for 8 years. Terrible QB and OL play are towards the top. Missing out on in-state WRs is not. If you’re gonna bitch constantly, at least don’t be a fucking moron about it.

You're right, now that I sit down and think about it. Apologies.

It just stings.

1 minute ago, Street2Peschel said:

The loss of Leal is the one that still irritates me.  I just can't wrap my mind around what would possibly make a kid with unlimited options choose a team that has 0 success and/or history and is located in College Station.  You couldn't even pay me to live in that shit hole.

From all his quotes and stuff, it sounded like the cult-y thing really resonated with him. Weird to me, too, but that's why we're on a UT message board after all.

E.J. Holland: Texas commit Roschon Johnson named QB MVP at The Opening Dallas

Texas quarterback commit Roschon Johnson came out slinging. The four-star prospect out of Port Neches-Groves displayed his rocket arm and was consistently accurate throughout the day as he earned QB MVP at The Opening Dallas on Sunday. Johnson will compete in Ohio next for the right to notch an invitation to the Elite 11 Finals in Dallas this summer. Johnson committed to Texas over several major offers last year. At 6-foot-1, 192 pounds, Johnson is ranked as the No. 5 dual-threat quarterback in the nation and No. 27 overall prospect in the state, per 247Sports Composite.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

I can’t remember us ever pulling a blue chip out of Georgia

Funny we're pulling two bonafide national bluechips out of GA and CA at a time where we're at least perceived to be struggling a bit at home. Works for me.

Plus, I think our more honest style with less upfront pressure will pay dividends later.