Texas recruiting notes 2019

5 minutes ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

I don’t remember this board being so prescient of # of spring OVs in years past. A symptom of the early signing period?

I mean, spring OVs during junior year weren't really a thing in years past

Edited by satyanash

14 minutes ago, Waterface said:

That bright orange on the jerseys doe; looks like fucking milquetoast trash. We need a Trumpian burnt orange EO by CDC. Get off my lawn, less-than-burnt orange. We should exclaim TEXAS, not equivocate. I wish this had been discussed previously...

I will point out again that the way it looks on your monitor or your mobile phone is not the way it looks in real life.

Pretty stoked for a bonafide monster recruiting week, with Caldwell coming Tuesday and then the pool party (+ Davis and Cine) on the weekend. Hope Cine hasn't been too swept away by his PSU (gross) visit - the weather's been really nice up here.

Edited by texifornia

That's a sick edit for Cine. 

I mentioned it in the summer thread but I think the media dept at UT has been coasting the last few months. I know they lost some talent that Herman initially brought in, but I haven't been impressed with any edit since the Cook/Lebron edit. The videos/pics from workouts have been few and far between.

Edited by Bruh Man

42 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

If the Cines are interested in Texas, they can spring for two tanks of gas. 

Maybe Herman and staff have a different read on the recruitment. I believe that Cine has visited once (maybe twice) on his own dime and maybe honoring Cine's family's request for an OV at this time will go a long way for getting him to commit to Texas.

5 hours ago, CBHorn said:

Next upgrade should be the ability to change the colors.  Patterns and logos would be awesome.

I’m surprised it isn’t already like that. It’s not like buying RGB LEDs is so much more expensive than white ones.

35 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I'm trying not to get too excited about Sanders, but if he OVs and we win 9+, game on.

I'm curious how Umstead factors into this, as well.

Umstead is going wherever his brother is going 

1 hour ago, Bruh Man said:

That's a sick edit for Cine. 

I mentioned it in the summer thread but I think the media dept at UT has been coasting the last few months. I know they lost some talent that Herman initially brought in, but I haven't been impressed with any edit since the Cook/Lebron edit. The videos/pics from workouts have been few and far between.

I miss you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

If he's not there after some JUCO seasoning, I'm not sure he'll get there. 

Aggy didn't offer knowing that landing Umstead would lock up Trey. That's a pretty big red flag. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Umstead-Sanders-46045744

100% to Aggy (all of 2 predictions), but still walking on to Florida.

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Aggy didn't offer knowing that landing Umstead would lock up Trey. That's a pretty big red flag. 

I don't think they thought it would lock up Trey since Trey went to to Baylor's Junior Day instead of Aggy while Umstead was visiting. If Trey couldn't be bothered to tour the Ag facility with his brother I don't think signing Umstead was going to lock up anything.  

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I don't think they thought it would lock up Trey since Trey went to to Baylor's Junior Day instead of Aggy while Umstead was visiting. If Trey couldn't be bothered to tour the Ag facility with his brother I don't think signing Umstead was going to lock up anything.  

And the plot thickens.