Coach Herman signing day press conference 2pm

bigup2dahorns

They just flashed a stat on ESPN that 31% of the current signed players are from the state of Texas? Did Herman address anything about that?

Im fully aware of the brand, including the luxury of pulling out of state talent because of it. I just never thought I would see such a day, and I find that shocking if true.

2 hours ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

They just flashed a stat on ESPN that 31% of the current signed players are from the state of Texas? Did Herman address anything about that?

Im fully aware of the brand, including the luxury of pulling out of state talent because of it. I just never thought I would see such a day, and I find that shocking if true.

12 of the 24 are OOS: https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

Jimbo did a good job of catching the staff a bit by surprise early and grabbing some top Texas kids, and a few of the remaining high-end in-state guys were complete knuckleheads (like Brooks and Beason).

Luckily, the staff did very well out of state, and was able to clean up on the late risers with good senior film to compensate and pass aggy even with a smaller class.

2 hours ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

I posted the tweet earlier. Herman's mantra is that if there are 25 players in the state of Texas who are good enough to won the championship with, he'll take them.

We lost some battles and the state was down at certain positions.

3 hours ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

Don’t forget, we got 7 of the top 10, 11 of the top 15 in Texas last year. This was aggy Jimbo’s first full cycle, I’m not surprised they got the in-state bump. I’m gonna wait until next year before I start to worry about anything

3 hours ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

It is not true. You must have misunderstood that stat.

And yes he did address the OOS players in his PC. 

Edited by Valmy77

17 minutes ago, Barry_McCokiner said:

F250s on campus?  Bad idea, tight parking spots, most of these guys are pretty inexperienced driving as well and it's not like it would be inconspicuous.  Give the three stars Ford Tauruses, 4 stars Mustangs, 5 stars F150.

I'd be pissed if my gift as one of two 5 stars to sign with Texas was an F150 while the 15 four stars got mustangs. 

16 minutes ago, Eggo said:

I'd be pissed if my gift as one of two 5 stars to sign with Texas was an F150 while the 15 four stars got mustangs. 

Yeah I'd be in the portal immediately. Nothing can beat an F250, though.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Barry_McCokiner said:

F250s on campus?  Bad idea, tight parking spots, most of these guys are pretty inexperienced driving as well and it's not like it would be inconspicuous.  Give the three stars Ford Tauruses, 4 stars Mustangs, 5 stars F150.

Do you want to kill our 4 stars?  Mustangs are always a bad idea.

Multiple reasons why A&M did so well in-state:

1. First full recruiting class for a new coach.
2. Allure of SEC for certain recruits
3. Jimbo staff recruits well.
4. Texas signed such a great class last year some players shied away from the competition.
5. Several top players were character risks.
6. Booster payments are in play at A&M, like at Georgia.

Going forward, OU, A&M, and Texas will be battling hard for in-state talent. Over time, Texas should stay ahead of A&M but it won’t be by as wide a margin as it has been in some years past...at least until the Jimbo shine wears off.

Because of their pathetic out of conference schedules they will go 9-3 or 8-4 every year, and it will take recruits awhile to realize they can’t get past that level, whereas by then Texas will be in the title game.

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Because of their pathetic out of conference schedules they will go 9-3 or 8-4 every year, and it will take recruits awhile to realize they can’t get past that level, whereas by then Texas will be in the title game.

Texas WAS able to sell the big games against  note dame, and usc.  But seems like they've scheduled lsu and bama, which atm also play,  so it's not as big a selling point.  Of course if we keep going to sugar or cotton bowls that's a huge selling point.

27 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Texas WAS able to sell the big games against  note dame, and usc.  But seems like they've scheduled lsu and bama, which atm also play,  so it's not as big a selling point.  Of course if we keep going to sugar or cotton bowls that's a huge selling point. 

Here you get to play LSU and Bama AND win your conference (pending finally knocking OU off their perch). No downside.