Legion Season 2

elfenix

• 3 weeks later...

grew tired quick of Arrow and The Flash.  I watched a couple of seasons of Gothem.  This has gotten good reviews.

I like all the Marvel shows on Netflix sans The Fist.  

I guess I should try this.  I watched the first two episodes when it came out and I was lost...

9 hours ago, BNB said:

grew tired quick of Arrow and The Flash.  I watched a couple of seasons of Gothem.  This has gotten good reviews.

I like all the Marvel shows on Netflix sans The Fist.  

I guess I should try this.  I watched the first two episodes when it came out and I was lost...

this is fox, so, though it's marvel, it's fox's marvel (which is x-men), rather than disney's MCU. disney is buying fox but has said they're not going to start big changes to the x-men right out of the gate.

I'll say this also - after two episodes of season 1 you are supposed to be lost.  You know very little background on the characters, but the show is well-acted, well-directed, and cinematographically interesting enough to keep you coming back for a few more episodes to try to fully understand exactly what is going on.  If you stick through it - you will more than likely enjoy it.  

40 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I am losing interest in this show.  It's trying too hard to be confusing I think.

Or, just it's far too easy for script writers to lose their train of thought on what scenes go where...

As soon as I saw the eyes and they asked her about where she got a new body, first though was sis. The show is not that hard to figure out, just have to pay attention. When you do, you get some payoff. I like that it is more cerebral than most of the Marvel stuff. Also love the little voice-overs with things like the narrative of human perception.

On 4/28/2018 at 2:33 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Do they create these cover songs for the series, or are people covering cream and crowded house in such weird ways just because?

At least for some of them they are covered just for the show. Jeff Russo and Noah Hawley did the cream cover in episode 4 and the petty cover in episode 5. 

Edit: https://www.tunefind.com/show/legion

Edited by heso

I am not a Shakespeare fan because of the way it's written.  It gets tedious thinking about every single sentence to figure out what it means.  This show is doing the same thing.  The dialogue between the Shadow King and Oliver towards the end was gibberish.

This show started sucking its own dick. 

I'd guess the writers read their own reviews after a pretty outstanding season 1 and decided they were geniuses, so now we have to listen to them tediously detail their philosophies on life for 40 minutes...and maybe, if we're lucky, they'll give us 10 minutes of story.  

"Should we help the shadow king get his body back?  I don't know...did you know that human beings are the only creatures on earth that can form an opinion about their world?"

If I wanted some asshole to tell me 'how the world really is' without bothering to put it in story form, I'd go read the cloak room threads.

Season 1 was fun and weird and it told a story .  Season 2 reminds me of the second season of 'Sense 8'...where the writers were out of plot ideas, so they gave us music videos and people sitting around talking about life in general.   

On 5/3/2018 at 10:03 AM, heso said:

At least for some of them they are covered just for the show. Jeff Russo and Noah Hawley did the cream cover in episode 4 and the petty cover in episode 5. 

Edit: https://www.tunefind.com/show/legion

Those two do a lot of covers for the show. I think they did White Rabbit at the end of 201.

Did you like the Petty cover? I thought it worked really well in the transformation sequence.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:06 AM, Monster said:

This show started sucking its own dick. 

I'd guess the writers read their own reviews after a pretty outstanding season 1 and decided they were geniuses, so now we have to listen to them tediously detail their philosophies on life for 40 minutes...and maybe, if we're lucky, they'll give us 10 minutes of story.  

"Should we help the shadow king get his body back?  I don't know...did you know that human beings are the only creatures on earth that can form an opinion about their world?"

If I wanted some asshole to tell me 'how the world really is' without bothering to put it in story form, I'd go read the cloak room threads.

Season 1 was fun and weird and it told a story .  Season 2 reminds me of the second season of 'Sense 8'...where the writers were out of plot ideas, so they gave us music videos and people sitting around talking about life in general.   

agreed... about to jump ship

^I don't think it is a waste. It is an illustration of his powers and also of what may have happened, if he made different choices, at different points in his life. Add on a little dabbling into the multiverse theory.

Edited by bamachine

I've been getting baked after my wife goes to bed over the past few weekends and chipping away at this here and there. 

I'm finally caught up and checking the thread for the first time, and I'm really surprised to see all the disappointment and frustration. I've really been enjoying it. 

You pretty much just have to sit back and absorb it, which is a very unique viewing experience in my opinion. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 12:44 AM, Prepuce of Doom said:

I've been getting baked after my wife goes to bed over the past few weekends and chipping away at this here and there. 

I'm finally caught up and checking the thread for the first time, and I'm really surprised to see all the disappointment and frustration. I've really been enjoying it. 

You pretty much just have to sit back and absorb it, which is a very unique viewing experience in my opinion. 

If you go into it expecting a story, like last season, you're going to be disappointed.  If you go into it looking for a surrealistic music video with some pretty great cover songs, then it's not too bad.   I started fast forwarding the moment I hear that voiceover guy start telling me what life is about, and that's helped. 

It's not that its a terrible show.   It's just a shell of what it was last season.  I'm guessing they didn't have time to write a story, or nobody could come up with any good plot ideas.  So they're trying to stretch a one hour story into 12 episodes...with painfully slow dialogue between characters walking around tables and chairs and cars.   

"Should we?"

"Should we what?"

"You know."

"What?"

"Say it."

Wait 5 seconds.

"Okay."

Wait 10 seconds.

"Should we help the shadow king?"

"I don't know."

CUT TO: 5 minute dance fight with a really great cover of a famous classic rock tune.

Edited by Monster

• 2 weeks later...

I understood it as Farouk getting in the heads of all them. He clearly had something going on with the mouse power related. He may not necessarily need to be controlling them considering they have reason to fear and distrust Legion, but he’s giving it a big push. My take, at least. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...