Texas at KSU

ClubWhatever

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, we fucking tie it up in the T9.

And load the fucking bases with no outs in the B9:  HBP HBP Single.

Un.  Fucking.  Real.

To be clear, it went single, HBP, HBP, then Pierce realized the maybe Beau didn’t have his good stuff and went to his fight fielder for relief, Single.

2 hits, 2 HBP, 0 outs after a 7 run rally by the offense.

unreal.

• Fuck You 1

46 minutes ago, Austin Orange said:

To be clear, it went single, HBP, HBP, then Pierce realized the maybe Beau didn’t have his good stuff and went to his fight fielder for relief, Single.

2 hits, 2 HBP, 0 outs after a 7 run rally by the offense.

unreal.

17 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Pretty sure Ridgeway gave up the second single.  There was talk of McGuire but it didn't happen.

Shit. You’re right. I turned on and watched that half of half inning too.  I swore he called for McGuire and he was switching gloves and shit. Drinking a lot of beer too, so who knows.

Checking the box score, looks like Beau gave up the two hits and two HBPs with only 8 total pitches. Really efficient little outing.

Pierce does have an eye for pitching. Glad he stuck with Ridgeway but pulled Nolan after 2.

• Fuck You 1

My biggest fear when Pierce took over is our pitching would become shittier and our hitting would improve, leaving little in the way of net improvement.  

Our hitting has improved somewhat, but we still look at way too many strikes.  It's maddening and pussy baseball.  My local youth league is more aggressive at the plate than we are.  Part of that is a legacy from the old regime, but I would like to see batters that continue to get rung up looking on hittable pitches to get benched.

On the pitching front, holy fuck it's worse than I imagined. Every single one of our pitchers just looks uncomfortable on the mound.  Ridgeway is just broken.  Pierce absolutely must bring in a full time, non-volunteer pitching guru next year if he wants to keep his job.