Patrick Bateman

14 minutes ago, sidis said:

started following horns in 94. off the top of my head:

1. Ricky

2. JC; Freshman & Senior Benson; Bijan

3. a fuckload of distance

4. Sophomore and Junior Benson

5. i guess Foreman maybe.

6. Hodges Mitchell, Selvin Young (underrated, productive guys)

7. R. Taylor; Malcolm Brown; J. Gray

8. Shon Mitchell; Priest; Roschon; Ricky Brown; 2008 Fozzy

9. Other years Fozzy; Cody Johnson; Ogby; Bergeron; 2005 Henry "Shelton;" Tre Watson

10. Tre Newton; Vondrell McGee; Warren; Keontay Ingram; Ivan Williams

11. Daniel Young; Kenny Hayter; Victor Ike; Toneil Carter; Chris Robertson

12. Will Matthews

13. Fuckload of distance.

14. Kyle Porter

obviously, if i had followed horns prior to that, Earl, Leaks, Gilbert, and Metcalf would all be 5 and above.

What about that one time Chris Warren went wild against TTU?

26 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Foreman is better than that. He ran for 2k yards in 11 games. Not his fault his team was shitty. I'd put him right under JC. 

Maybe. I can understand the argument. But I just never saw him as the same as those guys despite the one season plus one run against ou in 2015. 

Ced could turn a 2 yard run into a 5 yard run with regularity. Dude gets criminally underrated as time passes. He was an absolute hoss.

Plus he has at least a claim as the best high school player in Texas state history.

If he wasn’t such an ass, he would have been a lot more celebrated.
Nobody hit holes between the tackles like Cedric Benson did when he first got on campus.
  • Hook 'Em 1

RIP CBenz. Absolutely loved that dude. Still a lot of sadness when I think about him. Guy had some issues but he was a Horn and he absolutely assblasted Aggy during his time here. 

We are very lucky to have this discussion about so many badass ball carriers that have had their time on the 40 acres. Here’s hoping Baxter and Brooks are able to leave their marks as well. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, tokamak said:

This deserves its own thread. We’ve had a bunch of certified bad motherfuckers at RB. 

Yeah. The fact that of just guys in the past ~25 years you can put a Doak Walker winner 5th or 6th and it isn't an insane take is wild. 

16 minutes ago, sidis said:

Maybe. I can understand the argument. But I just never saw him as the same as those guys despite the one season plus one run against ou in 2015. 

I think, like I said, he just didn't put his stamp on the program the same way because his team was awful. But obviously anytime you do rankings like this team success is absolutely factored. 

D'Onta on the '05 team running zone read with Vince would have been an absolute fucking joke. We would have scored 50 points by halftime every game. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah. The fact that of just guys in the past ~25 years you can put a Doak Walker winner 5th or 6th and it isn't an insane take is wild. 

I think, like I said, he just didn't put his stamp on the program the same way because his team was awful. But obviously anytime you do rankings like this team success is absolutely factored. 

D'Onta on the '05 team running zone read with Vince would have been an absolute fucking joke. We would have scored 50 points by halftime every game. 

Then put in Charles after the defense is broken and demoralized for another 50. 

When JC committed to Texas, I told my uncle "we just picked up a RB who might be pretty good. Runs a 10.3 and won state in the 300 hurdles, which means to me he's got speed and great hips."

I'm such a genius. (this is from memory. He may have committed before winning state or he also won as a junior. Y'all now what I mean.)

• 2 months later...