Am I missing anybody here?

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:
  Rush Receive Total
Ricky      10,009         2,606      12,615
Priest         8,172         2,962      11,134
Earl         9,407            806      10,213
Jamaal         7,563         2,593

Am I missing anybody here?

Nice. Total rushing yards Ced B would come in at 5 on that list. Total yds from scrimmage Eric Metcalf. Not too bad of a squad.

Hook 'Em Charles! Incredible player and one of the most exciting I've ever seen.

I wonder if he has the longest average TD distance of all time for RBs. Not sure that's even a stat. That highlight video has two 90+ yard plays along with quite a few over 60 or 70 yards and lots in the 40+ range. It's crazy how explosive he was and just how fast with toughness and vision.

Also didn't know he had a kickoff return touchdown.

KC has done pretty well with UT running backs. JC and PH isn't a bad duo at all. Holy shit.

I remember watching his first game at DKR and thinking he could win a Heisman. Dude was a gazelle. 

He was the best player in college football the second half of the 07 season.

I've often considered what may have been if he and Finley had played at UT in 08, but we kind of went to the 4-wide stuff and changed the offense because Irby (TE) got hurt and there was nobody to replace him, and because there was nobody in Jamaal's class at RB (though Ogbannaya was solid), so it probably wouldn't have been as awesome as it should have been anyway...

Edited by Hank Chinaski

2 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I remember watching his first game at DKR and thinking he could win a Heisman. Dude was a gazelle. 

He was the best player in college football the second half of the 07 season.

I've often considered what may have been if he and Finley had played at UT in 08, but we kind of went to the 4-wide stuff and changed the offense because Irby (TE) got hurt and there was nobody to replace him, and because there was nobody in Jamaal's class at RB (though Ogbannaya was solid), so it probably wouldn't have been as awesome as it should have been anyway...

That 2008 offense would have been disgusting. Colt, Jamaal, Jermichael, Quan, and Jordan Shipley with a supporting cast of M. Williams, Chris O., and Brandon Collins... Ho. Le. Fuck.

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Yeah he's was freakish in that different level of speed way but it seemed sudden.

Zig zag studder step gone.

the couple of times when it lined up where he could just plant his foot on a cut and GO..... it was hilarious how fast he was. made fast people look like, they weren't fast

One of my favorite RB's to watch run. smooth af and had an amazing ability to get sideways and skinny to float through traffic and not lose a step of speed.

• Like 1

hilarious joking aside he's obviously one of my all time favorite Horns and football players in general, and I will always miss (i already do) watching him effortlessly eat yards from scrimmage every Sunday, going from zero to top speed in the blink of an eye. If only Andy Reid had gotten to coach him sooner- imagine what could have been without the likes of Todd Haley and Romeo Crennel completely misusing him. Just one of the most explosive running backs ever, with lightning quick moves in the open field, and he never seemed to get hit hard because he was so slippery and agile. Gonna miss watching him play, but am absolutely thrilled for the guy getting to have such success considering where he's come from and everything he's been through. A real success story for a great, great man who deserves to enjoy the rest of his time with his wife and kids. Hook em Jamaal. 🤘🏼 

Edited by Goo Punch

1 hour ago, USNALonghorn said:

That 2008 offense would have been disgusting.

I know we can pin a lot of blame on Greg Davis for a lot of shenanigans over the years, but occasionally we were too fucking good even for him to fuck it up-- 2005 being an example. Maybe just "the" example. Anyway-- if Charles and Finley had been on the 2008 team, I think we again would have been too good for a tendency-heavy chickenshit goofball like Davis to fuck up. We'd have run the table and beaten Florida's ass in the BCS CG.

Edited by SwanderedTalent
sp
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

One of the smartest runners I've seen... very Gale Sayers like on how he ran with intelligence and anticipation.

Eric Metcalf might have been the most exciting back I've seen at Texas (Ricky and Earl had their moments of course, but they were also bread and butter).  When he got the ball, you held your breath because it was like someone lit a rocket.  Jamaal was second only to Eric in that dept. as far as I personally witnessed.

Congratulations, now go do something else you want, I'm sure it'll help a lot of people.

5 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

His 4th qtr against nebraska is one of the most epic things I've watched outside of separated shoulder emmit smith beating the Giants ass.  He literally beat nebraska himself 

This is the game that always sticks out to me when I remember his college career. Our offense was struggling all day, a lot of people weren’t completely sold on Colt (childs should starts), and he just put the team on his fucking back. That 4th quarter was all time special

Edited by youdunnf'dup