2020 Democratic Debates Watch Thread

bad_teammate

17 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Tonight is the night the magic begins.

America gets its first chance to see these people all standing next to each other.

Predictions? Dynamics to watch?

Errbody versus Joe - Kamala needs a big moment

Errbody versus Liz - Beto needs a big moment

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

just saw a graphic with the actual placement.  from left to right, liz is 5th, beto is 6th.

booker is 4th, klobuchar is 7th.

i believe deblasio and delaney are on the far ends.

Candidates highest in the polls (at the time of placement, which was the end of last week) are in the middle and they move out from there. If you are on the ends, you aren't doing too well.

13 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Candidates highest in the polls (at the time of placement, which was the end of last week) are in the middle and they move out from there. If you are on the ends, you aren't doing too well.

yes, i know, i was just trying to paint a picture for those who did not see the graphic.

So Williamson is doing better than Yang? Thanks, this gives me hope.

16 minutes ago, DaysOff said:
2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

No, Williamson will be on the far end, stage right. The order looking at the stage from left to right on night two is:

Marianne Williamson

John Hickenlooper

Andrew Yang

Pete Buttigieg

Joseph R. Biden Jr.

Bernie Sanders

Kamala Harris

Kirsten Gillibrand

Michael Bennet

Eric Swalwell

20 minutes ago, DaysOff said:
2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

no, the graphics he posted are alphabetical.  the actual configuration is based on polling.

25 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Is Tulsi showing some nip on the right bosom?

So boys, if you can only have one last night of passionate, meaningless sex and you have to choose between the two, is it:

Tulsi Gabbard, or

Kirsten Gillibrand?

Pick 'em.

34 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

So they are giving each of them like 5 minutes total?  Should be a total shitshow.  

totally worth it for the inevitable moment where someone on the far end of the stage finally gets a chance to speak, and then absolutely biffs it.

37 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Stop trying to steal my wife, Beto

I like you, Beto, but I don't want a new kind of politics right now.   I want a progressive to get shit done mercilessly using the old kind of politics, in a way no Dem has done since LBJ.  After we pack the Court and jam a bunch of major legislation through Congress, we can talk about rising above petty politics again.