2019-20 Big 12 thread

Machinator

7 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

ISU comes back to make a game of it but ultimately loses on the road to No.16 Auburn, 80-76.

No.14 West Virginia destroys Missouri, 74-51, in Morgantown.

Oklahoma edges (lulz) Mississippi State in Norman, 63-62.

Texas rallies from 18 down in Austin but, well, we're Texas, so LSU wins 69-67.

Why you laughin at the fighting Lonny Krugers?  Guy does more with less than anyone this side of Beard.  Good resume win.  Still think OU will be out this year but love Lon.  

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

You seem confused.  It’s basketball.  Who cares?  As long as the team isn’t embarrassing the entire university like Shaka, nobody cares.  

And it was in OKC.  No big deal but when laughing at someone I make sure I am on point with facts.  So next time just go with an ‘OU sucks’...

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

You seem confused.  It’s basketball.  Who cares?  As long as the team isn’t embarrassing the entire university like Shaka, nobody cares.  

And it was in OKC.  No big deal but when laughing at someone I make sure I am on point with facts.  So next time just go with an ‘OU sucks’...

The joke:

ShoddyUntimelyHawaiianmonkseal-size_rest

• Like 1

Only saw the last 10 minutes and waited to the end to post to avoid a jinx, but goddamn, is Blinn getting automatic admission to the b-ball roster like on the academic side? We’re terrible and just blew them out on their own floor. Classless aggy player ejected for stomping our guy’s head (not too bad in real time but clearly intentional as classless as fuck). “Classiest fans ever” booed his ejection. Another reminder that the aggy code is fake horseshit.

• Like 4

For this next Big 12/SEC Challenge update, I'll try to get all locations correct while employing verbiage that even a hyper-defensive Sooner would find agreeable.

Arkansas controls Texas Christian in Fayettenam (oops, I tried), 78-67.

Oklahoma State proves that the Big 12's worst team is still better than the SEC's worst with a comfortable, 73-62 win over Texas A&M in Dogtown. But Texas lost earlier, so advantage aggy?

And No.3 Kansas holds off Derka's beloved Tennessee, 74-68, with the benefit of a raucous Allen Fieldhouse crowd and the men in black and white (probably).

Through seven games played, the Big 12 leads, 4-3.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
Updated to include KU's ranking.
  • Haha 1

Only saw the last 10 minutes and waited to the end to post to avoid a jinx, but goddamn, is Blinn getting automatic admission to the b-ball roster like on the academic side? We’re terrible and just blew them out on their own floor. Classless aggy player ejected for stomping our guy’s head (not too bad in real time but clearly intentional as classless as fuck). “Classiest fans ever” booed his ejection. Another reminder that the aggy code is fake horseshit.

I watched the whole thing. aggy was never in it. They’d finish in 11th place in the BDF.

9 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Classless aggy player ejected for stomping our guy’s head (not too bad in real time but clearly intentional as classless as fuck). “Classiest fans ever” booed his ejection. Another reminder that the aggy code is fake horseshit.

I like Buzz so fingers are crossed that he will make an example of this guy.

41 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Mike Boynton is a little bitch, too. He went to Buzz and said that it wasn't intentional when it clearly was. I can't stand coaches that don't stand up for their players.

2 minutes ago, Underdog said:

How so by the NCAA?  

Every single transfer from UNLV was granted a waiver except the one we got (Joel Ntambwe, who would probably be the best player on our team right now). Never got an explanation, and his appeal was also denied.

Edit: There were several, because of a coaching change.

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

We're gonna be stacked next year but I didn't expect this year to be this cringey. But we did get proper fucked by injuries and the NCAA so I didn't expect much.

Not cringey at all. Disappointing, maybe, given the success of the past two seasons, but y'all play hard and are fun to watch, well coached, and almost always have a puncher's chance.

In other words, Tech could have only four players available and it still wouldn't lose by 38 to WVU in Morgantown.

• Like 2