Non-Texas Recruiting 2021

13 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

Siap, Blackshire has officially committed to Bama 

https://247sports.com/player/kendrick-blackshire-46042943/

Go beat aggy, I guess

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-Football-Recruiting-Breaking-Alabama-lands-Texas-LB-Kendrick-Blackshire--149165545/

Edited by texifornia

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Man forgot that he debuted at #23 in the nation to start out.

Dude looks like a bodybuilder, but then he got that season-ending injury.

No idea how good he actually is, since literally everyone has been saying he's SEC bound for over a year.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

On 7/1/2020 at 9:16 PM, hornfromdallas said:

just got word from my cousin that the brocks gave a silent to alabama at the same time as kendrick blackshire  https://247sports.com/Player/Kendrick-Blackshire-46042943/ my cousin said kendrick will be committing this weekend while the brocks will make it public soon after 

Carl be all like 

2857ee35acce8cd1070690d912b01549.gif

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Waking up from the nightmare that is two national championships in the last four seasons, near-automatic Playoff qualifying, and a program that doesn't process out players. What a public service. 

Hancock decommitted in part because of OSU being on a tear with putting DBs in the league, but also in part because of a tireless negative recruiting campaign against Dabo painting him as a racist. I'm sure that's what Tunmise is referring. All in the game yo, but Day is gonna be a pain. 

Alabama going into Ohio and flipping a local Ohio State commit, and then Ohio State flipping a Clemson commit from Georgia who was viewed as 100% locked in underscores how weird this cycle can potentially get

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Alabama going into Ohio and flipping a local Ohio State commit, and then Ohio State flipping a Clemson commit from Georgia who was viewed as 100% locked in underscores how weird this cycle can potentially get

spacer.png

There's gonna be some really nice transfer/juco players in a few years if there's no football this fall. These guys with few offers that blow up in the spring after their final season are gonna be available.

Edited by Bevo14

3 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Hancock decommitted in part because of OSU being on a tear with putting DBs in the league, but also in part because of a tireless negative recruiting campaign against Dabo painting him as a racist. I'm sure that's what Tunmise is referring. All in the game yo, but Day is gonna be a pain. 

If this is true then why is Tunmise still talking to/considering aggy?  

Let’s check in on Stanford :: 

Notoriously slow starters in recruiting, David Shaw’s staff is struggling to gain traction with top recruits this cycle. The Cardinal only have four commitments and none of them are considered blue-chip prospects. They are currently last in the Pac-12 in the recruiting rankings and are outside of the top-100 nationally.

If signing day was tomorrow, they’d finish dead last in recruiting out of all of the Power 5 teams.

combine this with the ATROCIOUS depth on DL from some serious roster fuck ups and attrition and Shaw is not only going to lose his job he's gonna saddle the next coach with a serious LOS problem. holy hell. 

Edited by golfclap
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Let’s check in on Stanford :: 

combine this with the ATROCIOUS depth on DL from some serious roster fuck ups and attrition and Shaw is not only going to lose his job he's gonna saddle the next coach with a serious LOS problem. holy hell. 

Man what happened there? They had what felt like half the roster transfer, they're not recruiting even adequately, did Shaw need Blomgren that bad?

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Man what happened there? They had what felt like half the roster transfer, they're not recruiting even adequately, did Shaw need Blomgren that bad?

Our lads has Branson Bragg penciled in to start at RG this year.  Bummer.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

45 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The program started slowly trending down after Harbaugh left. Losing Mason and Bloomgren hurt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

didn't see this - but this is one of the aggy targets in the Gulf -- 6'3" WR/CB 

https://247sports.com/player/mj-daniels-46094154/

Solomon Wright flipped from Tech to Arky today. Tech fans seem pretty mad about it, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he becomes a good player for them. I had doubts about Pittman, but I’m actually pretty impressed with their class so far. They’ll have to settle for the high upside players first, but that should help them at least pull even with the Mississippi schools (and maybe even aggy down the road).

https://247sports.com/player/solomon-wright-46082235/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Clooney said:

Solomon Wright flipped from Tech to Arky today. Tech fans seem pretty mad about it, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he becomes a good player for them. I had doubts about Pittman, but I’m actually pretty impressed with their class so far. They’ll have to settle for the high upside players first, but that should help them at least pull even with the Mississippi schools (and maybe even aggy down the road).

Pittman's a good recruiter, and his OL should be salty, but I think the jury is still extremely out on that hire given that he's never been more than a position coach at the college level.

I think there's one thing in their favor - that program has been mired in the dumps since McFadden was running around, and getting a super energetic guy that is absolutely fucking STOKED to be the head coach there isn't the worst idea.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Lol, pittman has done well in recruiting so far. Can he coach? Can he turn that dumpster fire into something respectable? Can he even get the respect of the team (something morris couldnt do)? Lots of ifs before they even get to mediocre.

32 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Pittman's a good recruiter, and his OL should be salty, but I think the jury is still extremely out on that hire given that he's never been more than a position coach at the college level.

I think there's one thing in their favor - that program has been mired in the dumps since McFadden was running around, and getting a super energetic guy that is absolutely fucking STOKED to be the head coach there isn't the worst idea.

16 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

Lol, pittman has done well in recruiting so far. Can he coach? Can he turn that dumpster fire into something respectable? Can he even get the respect of the team (something morris couldnt do)? Lots of ifs before they even get to mediocre.

I’m rooting for him to succeed because I want to see more OL coaches get a shot at HC. I really like his coordinator hires and a few of his position coach hires. They desperately need a good QB early on to jump start their turnaround. They have a really good crop of young receivers and Rakeem Boyd at RB (if they get to play this year). It’ll definitely be tough to turn it around given who they have to play each year, but I’m more confident in Pittman doing it than I was when he was first hired.

2 hours ago, George Clooney said:

new coaches typically get good initial classes i.e. shiny new toy, fresh energy for the program etc. 

Oof. That's... rough. It's an accurate throw but man the mechanics are bad. His dad is a fucking NFL QB coach FFS. There was so much bad there I had to go look at the HUDL and Elite 11 clips. I'll chalk the rest up to a late read with his mental clock running out but there was some stuff in that throw that is really concerning...  

Looks like the wind up is here to stay (WTF dad?) but the rest of that mess is not as present in elite 11 recent throwing ...  except when rolling to his left. His release point dips and he goes across his body more. He looks much more comfortable and accurate throwing to the right side of the field, even when not on the move. 

42 minutes ago, texifornia said:

....what?

Outwardly he's having a laugh at the Nussmeier throwing motion critiques.

But what's actually happening is he's distraught that LSU's Duke locker room tech (the tech that makes 5* busts an impossibility) couldn't prevent Marcel Brooks from totaling 8 tackles in his career wearing purple and yellow. Ya really hate to see it.

• Like 1