2019 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

5 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

And a WR wears one in the facemask for -3. 

And Jamal Williams falling at the 1 instead of scoring a td is just unbelievable. The line was packers 3.5 so that play was a lot bigger than just setting up a mason Crosby game winning fg. I had a lot of bad luck all last year in fantasy, so hopefully this is just everything evening out. But it doesn’t get any luckier than that. 

14 hours ago, HornPhD said:

Just received this trade offer (ppr):

Give: Mixon and Godwin

Get: Devonta Freeman and Edelman

I also have:

(WRs) Hopkins, Thielen, Landry, and Samuel

(RBs) Damien Williams and AP

Leaning towards No as Godwin has been a beast this season. 

No fucking way i'd do that. Godwin is a beast is freeman is hardly an upgrade

10 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

And Jamal Williams falling at the 1 instead of scoring a td is just unbelievable. The line was packers 3.5 so that play was a lot bigger than just setting up a mason Crosby game winning fg. I had a lot of bad luck all last year in fantasy, so hopefully this is just everything evening out. But it doesn’t get any luckier than that. 

It wasn't unbelievable at all. Unless you think it was unbelievable that he clearly made the right play at that stage of the game. 

25 minutes ago, housious said:

It wasn't unbelievable at all. Unless you think it was unbelievable that he clearly made the right play at that stage of the game. 

I was referencing my matchup. I’m not going to break down exactly what happened, but my opponent had Rodgers and I had Mason Crosby, and a lot had to go right for me to get a 2 point win (including that fg at the end of the game).

19 minutes ago, MoJames said:

1.0 ppr

Need 2

J. Williams v Oak

K. Drake @ Buf

T. Cohen v NO

R. Burkhead @ NYJ (Questionable)

Williams for sure. For the other one...man that’s tough.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

Here's another fun one.

I have MVS and was hoping that on MNF he would show up and put together a solid game with both Adams and Allison down, he did not and Lazard is the new hot guy on the list of Green Bay subpar WRs.

So I'm looking at the FA list and have an opportunity to grab DK Metcalf. He has obtained 8 points or more in all but one week. Dissy is out opening up the potential for more targets.

Cole Beasley is also there, 9 points or more all but one week. Plays Miami this week so another option.

I'm strongly considering dropping MVS for one of these two as OBJ is on bye and I need a WR.

Double check to make sure that nobody in your league dropped Pittsburgh’s D/ST because they’re on a bye this week. If they’re available, and you have the roster spot available, they play Miami after the bye. Their d has already looked a lot better since adding Fitzpatrick, but against Miami that could be a week winning defense for your fantasy team. 

1 hour ago, GopherRock said:

Jimmy G at Washington

Jared at Atlanta

I picked Goff over Jimmy last week, and we all know how that worked out. 

I’d go Goff because of the matchup. Atlanta should be able to keep up, forcing Goff to keep throwing. And their defense seems like it’s just as bad as Washington. I could see the niners getting up early in this game and just running their RBs into the ground to milk away the clock. 

17 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Need one of this ugly trio, .5 PPR... 

Mecole @ Den tonight 

R. Anderson v. NE Monday night 

Gordon @ NYJ & hurt 

Obviously Robby looked good with Sam against Dal, but NE ain’t them. 

Gordon has been such a disappointment. I'd go Robbie and hope to ride the wave. He only needs one catch to get you a chunk of points with his speed.

• Like 1

So I’m in the unique position of having to choose between Russell Wilson vs Lamar Jackson this weekend, in terms of SEA vs BAL. I’ve been riding Jackson all season since week 2, no regrets. Any reason to think Wilson will be the better play here? Baltimore’s defense seems weaker in this matchup. Standard league .

59 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Landed 

Dalvin Cook

Graham

for 

Carson

Andrews

May get vetoed.

Goff vs Atl or Brisset vs Texans?

I think that’s actually pretty even. Graham is a drop candidate, especially when they get their weapons back, Andrews is one of the few starting TEs that you have confidence in, and Chris Carson is definitely an RB1 rest of season if they keep using him like that. Obviously the best player is cook, but I think that’s pretty even. 

And goff for sure. Goff is a top 10 qb on every site. He had a rough week last week, but if you can’t start him this week when are you going to start him? This is the get right game. 

Also, vetos are stupid. I don’t have anything to add to that lol, but they’re so incredibly stupid. Especially for a trade like this.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Lamar Jackson for Shady & a 2nd round pick was allowed by the commish in week 3 of a league I was helping a chick with. That 2R pick is really a 4 because each team gets two keepers that count as their first two picks, so ~20 good players are already gone. Pretty sure you all remember what Lamar had done in the first two weeks. Needless to say, I am now banned from that league. 

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Landed 

Dalvin Cook

Graham

for 

Carson

Andrews

May get vetoed.

Goff vs Atl or Brisset vs Texans?

Why would it get vetoed?

That's a legit trade with obvious give and take at both positions.

the only reason we ever proposed a veto was if someone firesold or colluded with another player when their team was obvious shit in the league.  Otherwise, people need to step the fuck back on shitcanning trades.

There is typically risk for both owners, so WGAF?

Edited by Iceman

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

Why would it get vetoed?

That's a legit trade with obvious give and take at both positions.

the only reason we ever proposed a veto was if someone firesold or colluded with another player when their team was obvious shit in the league.  Otherwise, people need to step the fuck back on shitcanning trades.

There is typically risk for both owners, so WGAF?

4 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Lamar Jackson for Shady & a 2nd round pick was allowed by the commish in week 3 of a league I was helping a chick with. That 2R pick is really a 4 because each team gets two keepers that count as their first two picks, so ~20 good players are already gone. Pretty sure you all remember what Lamar had done in the first two weeks. Needless to say, I am now banned from that league. 

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I think that’s actually pretty even. Graham is a drop candidate, especially when they get their weapons back, Andrews is one of the few starting TEs that you have confidence in, and Chris Carson is definitely an RB1 rest of season if they keep using him like that. Obviously the best player is cook, but I think that’s pretty even. 

And goff for sure. Goff is a top 10 qb on every site. He had a rough week last week, but if you can’t start him this week when are you going to start him? This is the get right game. 

Also, vetos are stupid. I don’t have anything to add to that lol, but they’re so incredibly stupid. Especially for a trade like this.

And vetoed

Cook is certainly better than Carson I get it, but Andrews is doubling Graham's output.  The main issue is I have Engram as my TE and that basically locks me into a great lineup.  I'm not happy.

Edited by closetohumping

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

And vetoed

Cook is certainly better than Carson I get it, but Andrews is doubling Graham's output.  The main issue is I have Engram as my TE and that basically locks me into a great lineup.  I'm not happy.

If that is the reason this trade was veto’d you almost have to leave that league. That’s a bullshit reason. Both sides have a reason to be pretty mad. There are like 7-8 TEs that you can start with confidence this year, and Andrews is definitely one of them. 

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Lol fuck that league.

It’s been interesting through the years to read on here about different ‘cultures’ within our leagues.  I’d say straight up if we had people vetoeing trades to interfere with reasonable transactions of talent in the league, it would either be their last season or mine.

Out of likes guys..  So, we're a reasonably close group, league has a group chat.  Some comments bubble up like "way to deliver the title to _____"  or "wait he got the #2 rb for a bench player and Carson?"

So main guy vocally expresses remorse and voila, trade was vetoed.   I get that we're all competitors but come on.  Last year in this league for me.

and again, prior trades have been:

Watson for Cohen

Lamar for Vance/Ridley

David Johnson for Sanders/Mixon.

Certainly eye brows raised on the first two, but nobody vetoed.

Yep, just came to post the Alvin news too. 

That’s a tough one, I would probably lean Latavius simply because he’s likely to get the most touches. Still don’t know when Melvin will have his breakout game, & Gore will probably get the majority of carries once Mia is dead. 

Out of likes guys..  So, we're a reasonably close group, league has a group chat.  Some comments bubble up like "way to deliver the title to _____"  or "wait he got the #2 rb for a bench player and Carson?"

So main guy vocally expresses remorse and voila, trade was vetoed.   I get that we're all competitors but come on.  Last year in this league for me.

and again, prior trades have been:
Watson for Cohen
Lamar for Vance/Ridley
David Johnson for Sanders/Mixon.

Certainly eye brows raised on the first two, but nobody vetoed.
It's a top producing TE and borderline rb1 for rb1. We had a guy in week 3 or 4 decide his team wasnt winning so firesaled with the commissioner. He traded leveon bell and tyreek hill for edelman, miles Sanders and David Montgomery.

I voiced about about collusion but was basically told to get fucked and worry about my own team. Same two last year traded Keenan Allen, Brandon cooks and mark Ingram for Tyler boyd (sleeper) and draft dollars. He didn't even keep boyd and wouldve probably made the playoffs had he stayed the course.

Thinking about leaving but whatever... just fantasy football.

On 10/18/2019 at 1:08 PM, spystud13 said:

And in the ‘question you never thought you’d ask’ category... 

Rodgers v. Oak 

Allen v. Mia 

Both noon home games. 

Man, I really think Allen has the better week, but it would be hard to justify sitting Aaron Rodgers in this matchup. But with all his pass catchers out, I think I’d go Allen.

6 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Pick my flex:

• D Montgomery (vs NO)
  • D Waller (@ GB)

Also have P Dorsett, but he's questionable and plays Monday night, so probably can't take a chance on him.  

Waller. Tyrell Williams is out, he’s easily the most trustworthy pass catcher they have for this game, and the saints run d has been really good 2 years in a row.

• Like 1