pied

Survivor: Island of the Idols

9 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I didn't understand anything happening last night.  Why did Kellie give her idol to Dean?  Did she just prefer to take someone to merge who wasn't aligned with her over someone that was?  Jack for Dean seems like a negative result for her.  Am I missing something?

And is there any explanation for why Jamal gave his idol to Noura?  Turned out to not matter since she got no votes, but why waste it on her instead of wasting it on yourself?  Was it expiring that night and he had to use it and thought he'd earn some brownie points with Noura by giving it to her?  I assume he wasn't part of the plan, or he would have given it to Jack since they were buddies.  

Kellee and Dean both randomly know Dean's ex-gf.  She's explained that an outside connection like that creates a unique bond, and when combined with his lack of allies on the other tribe, I think she preferred him (especially with the added "loyalty" that Dean should feel after being saved by her) to someone like Jack who isn't in her immediate circle and is closer with others on the tribe.  The logic can be debated, but I think that's what she was doing.

As for Noura, my only guess is that Jamal figured Dean had a lone vote on her (the target they relayed to him) and by saving her, he would cause a revote and potentially gain loyalty points from her.  Maybe he assumed the original tribe lines still stood and everyone would just vote for Karishma, the only other original Lairo, on the revote?  Definitely a strange play, especially when the best case scenario results in a 1 in 5 shot of you going home that night.

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

My annoyance was that we have already seen at least 2 of the 4 women explicitly state their desire for an all-women alliance.  Sure, the assumption of a female alliance MIGHT qualify as "sexist" or whatever in another case, but it absolutely was, and should have been, a legitimate concern for the male members of this specific tribe.

I do not think Kellee's annoyance was sincere.  She was in full blown Academy Award mode at tribal. 

41 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

I do not think Kellee's annoyance was sincere.  She was in full blown Academy Award mode at tribal. 

Way to appropriate her feelings, you testosterone-driven monster!

22 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Way to appropriate her feelings, you testosterone-driven monster!

As a privileged white male, it is my prerogative to do whatever I like, and to absolutely feel no guilt or shame about that.

Agree with much of the women's alliance talk.  Unless it was faux outrage, it was fact not conjecture.  

Didn't hear Noura's name mentioned by anyone so don't get the idol play there unless he's trying to establish his game for later.  

Also, really didn't get the calculated risk piece.  I get the advantage may have sucked, but isn't it better to have one and live to play another day then not?  Even if you don't use it, why not at least have it.  Rob made it sound like that was the smartest decision ever.  Didn't get it.