Haas: ?

Williams: ?

Renault: ?

Red Bull: ?

Racing Point: ?

Mercedes: ?

McLaren: ?

Sauber: ?

Pre-season testing will be: 19-21 Feb. and 26-28 Feb.

So interesting rumors right now about Hamilton to Ferrari, and Vettel getting a warning he has 5 races in 2020 to improve or he'll be ushered out the door. 

I don't have one particular link but there's tons of stories circulating.

How do you Lewis fanbois/Ferrari haterz feel about THAT? :)

Yeah I've been thinking for a long time that Merc might get out after 2020. And now they're talking about major funding cutbacks. I also think Lewis will probably be wherever Toto is.

Edited by wood
  • Like 1

Indeed.

FYI anyone who was thinking of getting F1TV, they're offering 50% for 2020, now through I think Sunday. So that makes it $13.50 for regular access, and $40 for Pro. Still not sure if I'm gonna get it. 2 years in, they still don't seem to have the bugs worked out, and I'm not sure I'm all that interested in what it offers above and beyond what I can already watch.

Probably not going to renew F1TV since F1 is on ESPN with no commercials. Also, it's still phone/pc only as far as I recall. I might change my mind if I could cast it or put it on my Shield without sideloading.

Also, that avatar above me is fuckin awesome.

Edited by mcbrisket

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 2:58 AM, wood said:

Yeah I've been thinking for a long time that Merc might get out after 2020. And now they're talking about major funding cutbacks. I also think Lewis will probably be wherever Toto is.

does toto own part of the merc engine works as well? 

I believe he has shares in the team, but I dunno the specifics.

Yeah same here, I think he was granted an ownership stake but no idea how much.

Dude is a very successful investor and owns 1/3 of the team. Seeing rumors that Merc may be out of making F1 cars and act solely as an engine supplier. Toto and Stroll would buy the team and brand it Aston Martin (which Stroll might be buying).

31 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Dude is a very successful investor and owns 1/3 of the team. Seeing rumors that Merc may be out of making F1 cars and act solely as an engine supplier. Toto and Stroll would buy the team and brand it Aston Martin (which Stroll might be buying).

Yeah I've been suspecting for a while that 2020 would be Merc's last year in F1 as a constructor. Rumor was that Toto knows this since the company has handed down orders to cut costs massively, & he  is trying to find a landing spot, and was angling for a position with F1 & got shot down by the teams. So now there are rumors flying that he's trying to stick around running a team in various forms.

2 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

I’m not so sure. Lewis is about to sign a 2 year extension, and if that really does happen it signals that Toto and Mercedes are here to stay for a bit longer.

Probably, but couldn't the team sign him and keep him even with Merc pulling out as a constructor? The team wouldn't necessarily go away. In my scenario Lewis would also know about it going in ... just throwing things out there.

Probably, but couldn't the team sign him and keep him even with Merc pulling out as a constructor? The team wouldn't necessarily go away. In my scenario Lewis would also know about it going in ... just throwing things out there.

He could of course do that, but as a driver that could sign more or less anywhere, and with the inside knowledge that he’d have about the team, I really highly doubt he would do that.

7 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

He could of course do that, but as a driver that could sign more or less anywhere, and with the inside knowledge that he’d have about the team, I really highly doubt he would do that.

Depends on the plan the team lays out to him, just like when he signed with Merc and so many doubted the move. Merc may end up staying though. Who knows ...

Yeah they were talking about that on Autosport yesterday. Nobody seemed to know how much to trust it since it's an Italian source but is printed on Mortorsport. :conflicted:

Some seem to think they'll stay for '21 then re-evaluate... Who knows. So many different rumors.

Edited by wood

So, Adam Corolla has made a documentary about Willy T. Ribbs. Had no idea the guy lives in Texas, much less just a few miles away from me, in Driftwood.

Documentary tells story of auto racing pioneer Willy T. Ribbs, who broke sport's color barrier
https://www.statesman.com/sports/20200122/documentary-tells-story-of-auto-racing-pioneer-willy-t-ribbs-who-broke-sports-color-barrier

• Like 1

Alonso - Andretti Indy 500 announcement incoming this week?

(Spanish)

as.com/motor/2020/01/28/portada/1580234360_981720.html

He's also, for the first time that I know of, mentioned being interested in running a full IndyCar season, maybe in 2021. 

2 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

Daddy Stroll investing millions in Aston Martin and will rebrand the Racing Point team as "Aston Martin"

Mr Stroll also becomes Executive Chairman of Aston. 

Yep. The accompanying hot rumor is that Stroll will buy out the Mercedes team for 2021, and it will be the Aston Martin team. Supposedly Toto is part of the deal, & it explains the possible flirting between Lewis and Ferrari.

37 minutes ago, wood said:

Yep. The accompanying hot rumor is that Stroll will buy out the Mercedes team for 2021, and it will be the Aston Martin team. Supposedly Toto is part of the deal, & it explains the possible flirting between Lewis and Ferrari.

That one's odd, if it's true that Force Aston Martin Canada is a done deal.  So then a year later, he just fires all of the Force Canada engineers/techs/analysts when their obviously better counterparts move in from Mercedes?  OR do they become a junior team to the Aston Martin works team that would presumably be mostly Mercedes personnel?

25 minutes ago, utee94 said:

That one's odd, if it's true that Force Aston Martin Canada is a done deal.  So then a year later, he just fires all of the Force Canada engineers/techs/analysts when their obviously better counterparts move in from Mercedes?  OR do they become a junior team to the Aston Martin works team that would presumably be mostly Mercedes personnel?

Yeah, that's kinda what I thought, and yeah, the junior team thing makes some sense of it. IF this stuff is true, Stroll will become a major player in F1 practically overnight. I always did think "Racing Point" sounded rather like a placeholder name...

Edited by wood