2019 Cotton Bowl: Memphis vs psu

tejas60

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Good first quarter Memphis.  

The rare and uber enjoyable types of games like BSU-OU Fiesta bowl aside these matchups usually show how much G5 teams needs to shut the fuck up.

They're 3-2 against P5 in this game.  

But after the 2014 Miami Beach Bowl and the thug shit they pulled, fuck Memphis and their fans.  

16 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

The bowl schedule is really strange this year.  Semifinals on the 28th instead of new year's day? The Orange Bowl on the 30th? Only two "New Years Six" bowls on January 1?

All because of the fucking Rose Bowl and the power that game yields for whatever reason.   Someone wrote an article about how ridiculous it is and how this year millions of dollars in ad revenue are being lost because of it (i.e., semifinal games are being played on a super heavy travel day (instead of NYD) and then a ridiculously long layoff before the championship game all because the Rose Bowl has to get their time slot).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

All because of the fucking Rose Bowl and the power that game yields for whatever reason.   Someone wrote an article about how ridiculous it is and how this year millions of dollars in ad revenue are being lost because of it (i.e., semifinal games are being played on a super heavy travel day (instead of NYD) and then a ridiculously long layoff before the championship game all because the Rose Bowl has to get their time slot).

Domer and the Rose Bowl are the 2 biggest problems in FBS.

15 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Good first quarter Memphis.  

The rare and uber enjoyable types of games like BSU-OU Fiesta bowl aside these matchups usually show how much G5 teams needs to shut the fuck up.

And why an 8-team playoff shouldn't have an auto-spot for a G5.  Need a qualifier that a G5/independent must be ranked in the top 8 in whatever system they use to pick the 3 wildcards.

Edited by clapclapclap

13 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

And why an 8-team playoff shouldn't have an auto-spot for a G5.  Need a qualifier that a G5/independent must be ranked in the top 8 in whatever system they use to pick the 3 wildcards.

I don't mind it.  Underdogs are part of what makes the basketball tourney great.  UCF beat Auburn and probably would have beaten LSU last year if they didn't lose their star QB the game before.  I think the highest rated deserves a shot if it ever goes to 8.

• Like 3

My father in law is a PSU grad and a huge donor.  He still thinks JoePa was railroaded, that Sandusky didn't rape any children, and that the story "just doesn't check out"
This sentiment is held by many of his friends
They're just Aggy North, at best.  At worst, they're worse
aggy

2 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
1 hour ago, Tracer Bullet said:
Wonder if it's a generational thing.  If you're 50+ you probably think JoePa was Christ Jesus incarnate

nope. jopa is the scum of the earth.

I assume he meant generational in addition to rarely venturing outside of rural Pennsylvania. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

26 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I don't mind it.  Underdogs are part of what makes the basketball tourney great.  UCF beat Auburn and probably would have beaten LSU last year if they didn't lose their star QB the game before.  I think the highest rated deserves a shot if it ever goes to 8.

Kind of a chicken and egg question.  I think it's a pretty easy point to make that the talent disparity between P5 and G5 programs in FBS is a product of the lack of a path to the playoffs/big bowls for most G5 teams.  Let G5 teams in the playoffs and you would see fewer 3 and 4 star backups being hoarded by P5 teams, instead playing at G5 teams, thus flattening the talent differential.

6 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

Kind of a chicken and egg question.  I think it's a pretty easy point to make that the talent disparity between P5 and G5 programs in FBS is a product of the lack of a path to the playoffs/big bowls for most G5 teams.  Let G5 teams in the playoffs and you would see fewer 3 and 4 star backups being hoarded by P5 teams, instead playing at G5 teams, thus flattening the talent differential.

This.  You level the playing field for all 130+ teams and you'll see much more parity when it comes to recruiting and on the field play. I think the shift wouldn't take that long either. 

Edit: and CFB will be much less predictable and mundane.  

Edited by TeddyBearStallion