Prince tribute on CBS

Godzillatron

I had it on as background noise.

Gary Clark Jr. seemed to be unrecognizable without a hat.

Would have liked to see someone playing one of his iconic guitars like the "symbol" one that looked like a penis he used behind a curtain with a shadow during the Superb Owl.

Foo was good, liked seeing Morris Day & the Time doing the shuffle.

• 6 months later...

I guess this is the Prince thread.  Figured this was worth posting.  Caught it on VH1 in early 2004 or so.  Figured I needed to catch this tour.  Wife and I drove over to Bosier City, LA for the show.  Some piece of crap decided to pull into my lane on I20 near Kilgore and I almost flipped the old Expedition when I reacted.  Thing went sideways one way, dipped, swung back the other way, my wife helpfully screamed in my ear, and I did rockstar driving moves to keep the thing up right and cruising down the highway while flipping off the bastard that almost killed me.  Afterward, a group of hot girls in a VW pulled up next to us and game me a thumbs up for my awesome life saving moves.  We got to the show and were on the eighth row.  Then, I hear what is undeniably Maceo on saxophone during the show.  He had some 6-foot blonde playing the trombone, t'boot.

Anyway, here's what got me to make the move to get tickets to one of my top 5 shows. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

here's the first time prince appeared on CBS

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Deep in the WCCO film archives are hundreds, if not thousands of opportunities to travel back in time. And on one reel a treasure lay hidden, untouched, for 52 years.

READ MORE:Prince’s 5 Best-Selling Albums

The date was April 1970. Minneapolis Public Schools educators went on strike.

WCCO restored the film to offer context to the educators strike that happened in the same district just last month.

When WCCO Production Manager Matt Liddy learned 13 minutes of video had been restored from film in 1970, he decided to give it a look.

“I grew up in Minneapolis, so all I cared about was looking at cool old buildings from the place I grew up. Did I recognize my old school? Did I recognize any landmarks?” Liddy said.

His curiosity turned into a discovery when he saw a reporter interviewing kids as teachers picketed in the background next to school. And there was one young boy in particular who answered a question that left Liddy speechless.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2022/04/05/prince-rare-footage-1970/

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...