Jump to content

Non-Texas Recruiting 2022


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

Figured it was time to fire this thread up for a new cycle.

Baylor just landed this kid - bit weird it was his twin brother's dream school from Joplin, Missouri

https://247sports.com/Player/Kaian-Roberts-Day-46101471/

He received this offer 2 days ago, it was his first as far as I can tell. He doesn't have a Rivals profile or a rating from 247. The tape is....interesting. Plays RB and DE for his HS. RB clips look like Roschon in slow motion. His DE clips are...bad. This just odd for a pretty respected guy in Aranda to reach for a 0-star in Missouri.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29303048/lsu-lands-touted-qb-prospect-walker-howard-class-2022

LSU lands touted QB prospect Walker Howard from Class of 2022

12:07 PM CT    Tom VanHaarenESPN Staff Writer

LSU added to its future quarterback room Friday when Walker Howard from the Class of 2022 announced his commitment to the Tigers.

Howard is a 6-foot-1, 185-pound QB from St. Thomas More High School in Lafayette, Louisiana, and held offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Baylor, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Penn State, TCU and Texas A&M among a few others.

https://247sports.com/Player/Walker-Howard-46058715/

Edited by LTtxfan
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29303048/lsu-lands-touted-qb-prospect-walker-howard-class-2022

LSU lands touted QB prospect Walker Howard from Class of 2022

12:07 PM CT    Tom VanHaarenESPN Staff Writer

LSU added to its future quarterback room Friday when Walker Howard from the Class of 2022 announced his commitment to the Tigers.

Howard is a 6-foot-1, 185-pound QB from St. Thomas More High School in Lafayette, Louisiana, and held offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Baylor, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Penn State, TCU and Texas A&M among a few others.

https://247sports.com/Player/Walker-Howard-46058715/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Oregon offers Spring CB, Dorian Friend who apparently has some connection to Antonio Cromartie. Looks fluid on tape, not playing much press but he's a 5'9 underclassman. Self reported 10.6 100m, 4.4 40m, and 4.1 shuttle as a Sophomore. Verified times are 11.04 100m, 22.69 200m. 

 

https://247sports.com/Player/Dorian-Friend-46094142/

https://www.athletic.net/trackandfield/SchoolRecords.aspx?SchoolID=4136&Records=100

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Oregon offers Spring CB, Dorian Friend who apparently has some connection to Antonio Cromartie. Looks fluid on tape, not playing much press but he's a 5'9 underclassman. Self reported 10.6 100m, 4.4 40m, and 4.1 shuttle as a Sophomore. Verified times are 11.04 100m, 22.69 200m. 

 

https://247sports.com/Player/Dorian-Friend-46094142/

https://www.athletic.net/trackandfield/SchoolRecords.aspx?SchoolID=4136&Records=100

I assume some of Cromartie's kids are in recruiting range.  Assuming they can play, not a bad play for Oregon to connect with Cromartie's camp.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

"Coach Swinney was really excited for me," Simpson said. "He knows my dad from when they crossed paths at Alabama. When he came on the phone, my mom started crying. He told me the ball is in my court now, and they're waiting on me." 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

I guess anything goes in recruiting for awhile...

 

I look forward to OU, Auburn and aggy backing up the Brinks trucks while our big donors lecture CDC about how an ethical life is its own reward.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess there's going to be an extended dead period.  SEC and some blue bloods about to flex.  Oregon, tOSU, Auburn, Bama, Clemson, OU, LSU, aggy, Florida and Mississippi schools are about to take their payment systems above ground.  USC could be back in the game as well. Will be interesting to see what flips happen, along with the new position monetary payout baseline.  

Edited by Mdhorn
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Laga4 said:

This seems like a perfect time to just do away with them and set up something that works.  

I guess it's possible to get a functioning body that works independently to monitor and work equally for the herd and not just their cash cows but it's probably not going to happen.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:


Nick is going to his game

Nick is the impossible, an EJ & Roach baby. He very much cares about fashion, music and kissing HS/trainers/uncles ass. If he is going up to film an ou video, well I hope his way home ends in a comanche cave.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Couple of assistants that made Top 30 list have ties to Herman:

  • Ra'Shaad Samples, SMU, Running Back Coach/Recruiting Coordinator (25): Samples saw his on-field career end early due to injuries, but he’s thrived in the time since as a coach. The former four-star recruit joined Houston’s staff in an off-field role in 2016 and 2017 working with running backs, receivers and QBs. Texas hired him in 2018 as an assistant wide receivers coach, where he drew rave reviews as a recruiter. Last year, SMU brought him back home to the DFW area where he’s since emerged as one of the American’s top overall recruiters. The son of Dallas-area coaching legend, Reginald Samples, Ra’Shaad earned a promotion this offseason to running backs coach and recruiting coordinator. Samples currently sits second in the AAC recruiter rankings
  • Kenny Guiton, Colorado State, Wide Receivers Coach (29): Guiton has already moved across the coaching map despite being only 29 years of age. He spent two seasons at Houston (2017-18), where he coached all-AAC wide receivers Marquez Stevenson and Steven Dunbar. Last year, he had a pair of All-Conference USA honorable mention honorees (Adrian Hardy, Malik Stanley) as the wide receiver coach for a Louisiana Tech team that finished with 10 wins for the first time in decades. Now, the former Ohio State quarterback has joined Steve Addazio at Colorado State.
Edited by LTtxfan
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

20 recruits 247Sports ranks higher than the industry Composite 

The following list (class of 2022)  provides a look at a sample of the players who are ranked higher by the 247Sports staff's Top247 compared to the 247Sports Composite. In this rundown, we look at 20 prospects with a noticeable difference in ranking when comparing the Top247 and the 247Sports Composite. The following 20 prospects range across the spectrum of positions, across the country in their representations by state, and numerous name programs all over the map.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/20-recruits-247Sports-ranks-higher-than-the-industry-Composite-153385382/#153385382_1 

 

Edited by LTtxfan
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

20 recruits 247Sports ranks higher than the industry Composite 

The following list (class of 2022)  provides a look at a sample of the players who are ranked higher by the 247Sports staff's Top247 compared to the 247Sports Composite. In this rundown, we look at 20 prospects with a noticeable difference in ranking when comparing the Top247 and the 247Sports Composite. The following 20 prospects range across the spectrum of positions, across the country in their representations by state, and numerous name programs all over the map.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/20-recruits-247Sports-ranks-higher-than-the-industry-Composite-153385382/#153385382_1 

 

this class is stacked

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...