NextGen Consoles: PS-5 and XBox X

Iceman

On 9/2/2021 at 1:40 PM, Storm the Field said:

I'm thinking of maybe trying to get my hands on a PS5 sometime this fall and just tell my wife that's my XMas gift this year. What's best way to go about that?

On 9/14/2021 at 4:18 PM, utee94 said:

COVID supply chain shortages are still causing major problems for consumer electronics (and pretty much everything else).

I promised my 11yo son a PS5 for Christmas last year.  Yeah that obviously hasn't happened.  Recently trying to get ahead of it for THIS Christmas and doesn't look much better.

On 9/21/2021 at 11:11 AM, Baboontyme said:

PS5 disc and digital drops on Amazon this morning. I was on the ball but struck out on both. Fuck this shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Thanks. I saw that but can't make it to a store. 

I got a drop on a Madden Series X bundle at Game Stop (I joined Pro yesterday) so I bought it. $694 comes with Madden, two controllers and a $20 Game Stop card. What is the best way to trade it for a PS5? 

Edit - Link for anyone who wants to try. I had to try adding it to my cart a bunch of times before it took.

https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/xbox-series-x|s/consoles/products/xbox-series-x-black-controller-and-madden-nfl-22-system-bundle-with-20-gamestop-digital-gift-card/B224745M.html

Edited by Baboontyme

9 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Man all the ones I’m seeing are $900+

Yeah those are resellers. When stock drops at a retailer it's a whole ordeal. The site often gets bogged down, you can't add the item to your cart, if you're lucky enough to get one in your cart, you can't check out without it being removed from your cart, etc. I've been working pretty hard at it for a couple of weeks and was ready to give up until I got lucky last night. Walmart was supposed to have retail stock drop online at noon, then it got postponed until 9 pm. I had the app on my phone and my laptop both working trying to get one in my cart. Tried for 25 minutes and no luck. I gave up and randomly decided to try again on the app at 10 and ty my surprise there was still inventory left.

A bunch of these guys on Twitter/YouTube have videos with tips on the various sites. Like there is actually a way on Amazon to put it on your wish list and it's easier to add to your cart from there, etc. I'll post some of the accounts to follow in a bit. That Wario guy that TexasEx posted is one. 

It's the same link, it will just show as $499 when it's in stock. Here is the direct url for PS5 disc edition: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-PlayStation-5-Video-Game-Console/363472942?=&irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_QdhyKAyHSxyLRGMwUx0Mo3ZwUkBVStzcEQz6Qc0&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_2504280&clickid=QdhyKAyHSxyLRGMwUx0Mo3ZwUkBVStzcEQz6Qc0&sharedid=&affiliates_ad_id=565706&campaign_id=9383

Here are some accounts to follow

https://twitter.com/DealVibes

https://twitter.com/mattswider

https://twitter.com/GYXdeals

There are a few more I can't find right now. I'll go back and add them next time I see them pop up. 

I had one in my cart at Target this morning for you JK and was going through checkout. I was in a hurry so I missed the Paypal button and instead input my credit card. By the time I was done it was gone. Afterward I saw one of the Twitter dude posting tips and one of them was "make sure you use Paypal to check out instead of the overloaded Target servers". Groan. 

@Jkwellborn Got you one at Best Buy. I pick it up next Friday. No bundle, disc edition. 

$529.99 out the door. PM me and we can discuss shipping etc. Fingers crossed that they don't cancel the order but I'm looking at my Order Details right now and it's telling me pickup on October 8th at Utica, MI store (~ 15 min from here). 

Pato I can work on you next. 

Edited by Baboontyme
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

[mention=234]Jkwellborn[/mention] Got you one at Best Buy. I pick it up next Friday. No bundle, disc edition. 

$529.99 out the door. PM me and we can discuss shipping etc. Fingers crossed that they don't cancel the order but I'm looking at my Order Details right now and it's telling me pickup on October 8th at Utica, MI store (~ 15 min from here). 
Pato I can work on you next. 

Sweet. Pm inbound.

[mention=234]Jkwellborn[/mention] Your pms must not be working. I messaged you a couple of days ago. Were you able to land a console? My order is ready for pickup. I am going to head to the store to grab it today. Do you still want this or should I see if one of the other people looking want it? 

Get it for me. I’m not sure about the other.

On 10/18/2021 at 6:41 PM, Jkwellborn said:

Baboontyme was great to work with. Surprisingly gentle. He only sent a couple of pics of muledick.

Seriously, he got the ps5 to me with no issues. Of course, my wife left it out and my son saw it, so christmas was fucked a little.

That'll be his halloween treat lol. Xbox Series X for his Christmas gift!

FWIW, Walmart is doing the same as the other retailers where you have to have the Walmart+ membership in order to have exclusive access to hot items like the PS5 and Xbox Series X. You can either pay the annual($98) or the monthly($12.99). I would do the monthly and then once you get your console, go ahead and cancel before the next month term begins. Right now they have a 15 day free trial. 

54 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I'm looking for an Xbox Series X if anyone can hook me up.  I did the 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate deal for $151, so I'm set on Xbox for a loooooooooong time :D

If you have a Twitter account start following guys like Matt Swider, Lord of Restocks, and Cameron Ritz. When an XSX drops they’ll tweet out which retailer it is.

3 minutes ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

If you have a Twitter account start following guys like Matt Swider, Lord of Restocks, and Cameron Ritz. When an XSX drops they’ll tweet out which retailer it is.

All this, and have the accounts and credit cards already saved on all this sites you are willing to buy from.

21 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I'm looking for an Xbox Series X if anyone can hook me up.  I did the 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate deal for $151, so I'm set on Xbox for a loooooooooong time :D

I wish you would have told me a week ago. I just sold the bundle that I bought on eBay and I got screwed a bit. I should have just returned it to Gamestop instead of trying to play Santa. 

12 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I wish you would have told me a week ago. I just sold the bundle that I bought on eBay and I got screwed a bit. I should have just returned it to Gamestop instead of trying to play Santa. 

No worries man, and I'm happy to pay a little premium finder's fee if someone in the Houston area gets one and wants to offload it. I'll see what I can do about getting one over the next few weeks, I have been playing the Newegg Shuffles when they pop up, but never get picked. It's a shame they dont' make people choose between the Xbox and PS5 for that, I bet the split would be 80/20 PS people. 

8 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

No worries man, and I'm happy to pay a little premium finder's fee if someone in the Houston area gets one and wants to offload it. I'll see what I can do about getting one over the next few weeks, I have been playing the Newegg Shuffles when they pop up, but never get picked. It's a shame they dont' make people choose between the Xbox and PS5 for that, I bet the split would be 80/20 PS people. 

Target sells the Xbox via walk-in only now. So might want to check your local Target.

Anyone have any experience with the Nintendo Switch Or GameStop specifically? I looked on BestBuy, Target, And WalMart and all said sold out. Checked GameStop and actually got to check out but then got an email saying “you won’t be charged until we process your order”. Am I boned or actually getting one?

Edit: guess I’m good to go and I should check email more frequently and yes I’m aol email years old 0d529710860c83c1762c66349eb95bc1.png

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/29/2021 at 11:25 AM, Baboontyme said:

Fucking Wally world just cancelled my order a month after placing it. Unreal. Guess I'm back in the market for a ps5.

Oh shoot! And now apparently if you want to cop a PS5 from WM you will need a WM+ membership($98/yr or $12.95/mo). They just had a drop on Thursday and looks like everyone that had the membership got a W with ease. My guess is their next drop will be Black Friday. But my fear is all the scalpers/bots will have figured out a way to cop them all by then.

Thanks for the heads up FSB. I was there. The drop was a bust. I guess Walmart tried to change up their virtual ordering system to some kind of a queue and it broke their shit. I was trying on the app on my phone and on desktop sitting in the car waiting for school pickup. No dice. 

• Hook 'Em 1