Another one...

Pancho

11 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Yea whole story here?  It’s usually not I was a passenger in a car that got pulled over and end up resisting arrest for no reason I wouldn’t think but who knows these days.  

The whole story should be simple. 
Cops ask passenger for ID.

Passenger says no, I wasn’t driving.

Cops leave him alone.

Any that happens past this point is entirely on the police.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cajun said:

You know how I roll on this shit Brisket.  You and I know deep down what this was, but that's our feeling, not fact.  He didn't, I'm sure, attack those cops with a box cutter (or something ridiculously unlikely like that), but if he did then that changes the perspective.  While I'm not for giving cops the heaping piles of benefit of the doubt that they so crave alongside their daily "They call me Hero" IV drips, we still do need to know the whole story.

Lest we become them.

Anything that happened after he refused to show ID in on them. Period. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Why the hell would they need to see the passengers ID for a broken tail light?

Well they were black, soooo

Anyone want to bet that the official report will contain a line like “I was alerted to the potential presence of drugs by the distinct odor of marijuana.” After that, it’s all “a drug bust gone bad, if only he would have complied.”

Or some shit like that.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Well, this escalated quickly.  Georgia is one of the "stop and identify" states, however I'm guessing the deputy didn't have a reasonable suspicion to ask for his ID.  The Sheriff, to his credit, is trying to get the guy released without a bond.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/12/us/clayton-county-deputy-leave-physical-force/index.html

A sheriff's deputy in the Atlanta area was fired for excessive use of force on Sunday after a social media video showed the deputy repeatedly striking a man, according to the Clayton County Sheriff's Office.

The Sheriff's Office said that a criminal investigation of the incident will be turned over to the Clayton County District Attorney's Office.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

Because they violated his rights. They could have simply moved on. He’s under no obligation to show ID. They, as usual, escalated a situation by violating the law.

Oh, I completely misunderstood what you were saying.  I thought you meant dude who got beat up and driver as "they".

Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up amphetamines.

We are in complete and total agreement.  You wanna see my ID?  Why?  For what?  Be specific and put it on film Hero.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Well, this escalated quickly.  Georgia is one of the "stop and identify" states, however I'm guessing the deputy didn't have a reasonable suspicion to ask for his ID.  The Sheriff, to his credit, is trying to get the guy released without a bond.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/12/us/clayton-county-deputy-leave-physical-force/index.html

spacer.png

He needs to be behind bars.  Losing his job isn't even close to enough.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Does every State have a law that felons can't be peace officers? I hope so. And that's why firing isn't enough. Felony official oppression (or each State's equivalent) convictions should be the standard practice for these situations so offending officers can never work in that capacity again. 

Same thing that was my primary concern as a citizen in the Botham Jean tragedy. I had no bloodlust for Guyger to suffer but she sure as shit better never be a LEO ever again. 

Edited by Huckleberry

Lancaster, Pa. shooting so blatantly justified they released body cam footage right away. I wouldn't blame conspiracy theorists for suggesting Blue Lives people got together and said, "Y'all we need a textbook example where the cop isn't too blame. A guy charging out of his house with a huge knife? Yeah, that should work."