Jump to content
Goo Punch

AP Bio

Recommended Posts

On 5/26/2019 at 12:17 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

Similar to Community, but it seemed to appear better to the masses. Welp, I was wrong. 

Netflix is so thirsty for programming, maybe they pick up. 

NBC screws again. 

Broadcast TV is for the olds and stupid. If it's not God Friended Me  Law and Order: CSI, it doesn't really stand much of a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deej said:

Broadcast TV is for the olds and stupid. If it's not God Friended Me  Law and Order: CSI, it doesn't really stand much of a chance.

Unfortunately this. The uniqueness of The Good Place and excellent reviews from the critics kept it afloat until it found an audience. These things take time. 

No idea why NBC keeps Superstore on the air. I think the only people that watch it are in hospital waiting rooms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Unfortunately this. The uniqueness of The Good Place and excellent reviews from the critics kept it afloat until it found an audience. These things take time. 

No idea why NBC keeps Superstore on the air. I think the only people that watch it are in hospital waiting rooms. 

I like Superstore, but damn it seems like they don't make many episodes. I can go weeks before the DVR shows a new episode. But, hey, 18 seasons of "The Voice".

(My liking  of Superstore may just be the soft spot I have for Mark McKinney and " The Kids in the Hall.")

Edited by Deej

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Deej said:

I like Superstore, but damn it seems like they don't make many episodes. I can go weeks before the DVR shows a new episode. But, hey, 18 seasons of "The Voice".

(My liking  of Superstore may just be the soft spot I have for Mark McKinney and " The Kids in the Hall.")

I assumed you were an America Ferrera man. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I assumed you were an America Ferrera man. 

Yeah, no. That's approaching Vic territory. 

Edited by Deej

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deej said:

I like Superstore, but damn it seems like they don't make many episodes. I can go weeks before the DVR shows a new episode. But, hey, 18 seasons of "The Voice".

(My liking  of Superstore may just be the soft spot I have for Mark McKinney and " The Kids in the Hall.")

I like Superstore, smart and funny. But it's about 8 notches below AP Bio. Maybe that's why it got renewed.

I need a Heather fix.

mastercatfishing-shr1.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

everything really has to fall perfectly for another network to revive a show these days.

the landscape the way it is now with packaging and syndication doesn't help either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seth Meyers and Lorne Michaels are EP. Hopefully they can get Hulu to pick it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.thewrap.com/ap-bio-glenn-howerton-patton-oswalt-saveapbio/

Patton Oswalt would really like you to spend your Memorial Day weekend binge-watching “A.P. Bio” on Hulu, as he and costar Glenn Howerton are leading a hashtag campaign to help find the recently cancelled NBC comedy a new home.

Oswalt and Howerton have called on the show’s cult fanbase to get #SaveAPBio trending on Twitter and to help get the show to the top of Hulu’s streaming metrics. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, RPM said:

I like Superstore, smart and funny. But it's about 8 notches below AP Bio. Maybe that's why it got renewed.

I need a Heather fix.

mastercatfishing-shr1.gif

College, oh hells yes. Eating ramen and snatching v cards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nothing says, "we believe in you" more than stacking back to back episodes on random non-consecutive thursdays.

(yes, i know it's already been cancelled)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really thought with Lorne and Seth behind it somebody would pick it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RPM said:

I really thought with Lorne and Seth behind it somebody would pick it up. 

they’re likely the reason it didn’t. they’re expensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

they’re expensive. 

So is a Mercedes, but you get what you pay for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2019 at 2:07 PM, SimonBolivar said:

There are two more episodes in this season. Looks like another back to back on June 13th to finish it off.

I don't see anything scheduled on my DVR for that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

damn it, ANOTHER streaming service I'll have to have for at least a month to watch a single show when it's done airing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:20 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Pricing models for NBC Streaming? I'm going to have already subscribe to the Disney + to watch The Mandalorian. 

Same.  And I was worried about having to have at leas a month for CBS All Access for Star Trek, along with Disney...just so many streaming services right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm rewatching the pilot right now. Basically the D.E.N.N.I.S. System set loose in Toldeo with the hilarious teacher trio, and the great Patton Oswalt. 

I think it's already surpassed Community. Dan Harmon is amazing on Rick and Morty, but he was still figuring it out during his Community years. I also think Glenn Howerton is a much, much better comedic actor than Joel McHale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I like that show, but I"m not paying for yet another monthly subscription. That's why I fucking got rid of cable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Good news: Season 3 now on Peacock.

Bad news: Only Episode One is free, rest only available with Premium.

 

7 day free trial. I’m going to watch Season 3  Episode 1 tonight, start the free trial tomorrow, and cancel on Tuesday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 7:35 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

7 day free trial. I’m going to watch Season 3  Episode 1 tonight, start the free trial tomorrow, and cancel on Tuesday. 

Are all the episodes up yet? It seems like a lot of streaming services are back to releasing shows once a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Are all the episodes up yet? It seems like a lot of streaming services are back to releasing shows once a week.

All 8 episodes of Season 3 are available now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2020 at 8:27 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

I'm rewatching the pilot right now. Basically the D.E.N.N.I.S. System set loose in Toldeo with the hilarious teacher trio, and the great Patton Oswalt. 

I think it's already surpassed Community. Dan Harmon is amazing on Rick and Morty, but he was still figuring it out during his Community years. I also think Glenn Howerton is a much, much better comedic actor than Joel McHale. 

Of course he is

Dennis Reynolds Reaction GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Find &  Share on GIPHY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lateshow said:

I loved this show. But it's just not worth subscribing to yet another streaming service.

Peacock Free Tier has some good content and only 5 minutes of ads per hour. Clockers and Do The Right Thing are on there for Spike Lee fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Peacock Free Tier has some good content and only 5 minutes of ads per hour. Clockers and Do The Right Thing are on there for Spike Lee fans. 

I Did Not Know That GIFs | Tenor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lateshow said:

I Did Not Know That GIFs | Tenor

Parks and Rec and 30 Rock is on Peacock Free as well. Less ads than the entry level tier of Hulu. 

There’s also the iconic SNL seasons from the 70’s. They conveniently skip over the great seasons from the 90’s and the Will Farrell Era. 

There’s also some weird, wild stuff on there like seaQuest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...