28 points per game

GreenspointTexas

Honest question as I've only ever played intramural brother.

I think we can all agree that Eagles, Moore, Wiley, and Robinson (at RB) are our best options.  Why do we play entire quarters/halves of games w/o ever using these weapons?  I'm thinking of all the games in which we play at team that has a great player or two, and they always seem to try to get the ball to them.   As it stands, we're trying to feed walkons, scrub transfers, and fumblers.

• Like 1

Just now, Knoxtnhorn said:

Honest question as I've only ever played intramural brother.

I think we can all agree that Eagles, Moore, Wiley, and Robinson (at RB) are our best options.  Why do we play entire quarters/halves of games w/o ever using these weapons?  I'm thinking of all the games in which we play at team that has a great player or two, and they always seem to try to get the ball to them.   As it stands, we're trying to feed walkons, scrub transfers, and fumblers.

It's almost like Tom is running a 10U Rec baseball team where he's afraid of parents bitching at him if playing time isn't equally distributed.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

It's almost like Tom is running a 10U Rec baseball team where he's afraid of parents bitching at him if playing time isn't equally distributed.

That's sort of the way I see it.  I know you have to sub players throughout the game, but I've seen so many instances where, say, Robinson has 6 rushes for 68 yards, then doesn't get a carry the rest of the game.  Josh Moore absolutely tore a couple of games up.  Today, when he had a catch, I was all, "Oh year.  Where has he been?".  No way that happens at OU or, really, many other decent schools.

The offense blows ass. I've been going to bat for the defense since the OU game and the disparity between the 2 units has widened substantially since that game.

But let's use real #'s when announcing how much they blow. Backing out the non-conf game, they're scoring 31 non-OT pts/game. Last year's team was about half a point worse against the same 7 opponents (obviously opponents changes year-to-year, but let's not include Kansas in one data set and not the other).

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Thats what our offense is averaging this year in regulation, subtracting the UTEP game

More than a full TD less than last year. Tim beck wasnt the problem

You just wait until we hang 72 on KU in a meaningless blowout. That will get the numbers where they need to be.

Wait a second. We couldn't hang 72 on the Del Valle powderpuff team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Any old guy that has a little management experience can easily see a part of Tom’s shortcomings.

Besides being way to fucking emotional for someone in his position. He has an incredible immature streak that he is willing to let both his employees and his team see. When they see this behavior from the guy in charge they lose respect. When they lose respect, they don’t work as hard, when you don’t work as hard, shit seems to go wrong. Which ultimately results in the inability to manage anybody because they think you’re a fucking idiot because you act like a child. Act the fucking part.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Thats what our offense is averaging this year in regulation, subtracting the UTEP game

You misspelled ToP _________ oFfeNSE, BiTCh!!1

How anyone couldn't tell post ou last season this offense sucks ass still baffles me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

It's as if we didn't change coordinators and not give him a real offseason to implement it while still keeping the mensa as offensive overseer.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

It's as if we didn't change coordinators and not give him a real offseason to implement it while still keeping the mensa as offensive overseer.

That’s a bullshit excuse. 

“Hey the last manager I hired was so fucking bad that you ungrateful fucks are obligated to give the next shitty manager I hired at least three years cuz fuck you Covid Mensa no off-season blah blah blah”

Fuck Mensa and everyone he brought in....

45 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

That’s a bullshit excuse. 

“Hey the last manager I hired was so fucking bad that you ungrateful fucks are obligated to give the next shitty manager I hired at least three years cuz fuck you Covid Mensa no off-season blah blah blah”

Fuck Mensa and everyone he brought in....

Good to hear, will expect championship from next group in year one

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Wasn't it you who posted a thread predicting that's what Herman would average here, or was that in relation to Strong?  And was it some other poster?

I'm getting old and don't remember stuff too good.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Ok I'll play. 

1. Why didn't he make the necessary changes after 2018 instead of 2019? And before you sugar bowl me, would a 4 loss season validate or prove what you're doing needs adjustment? Strike one. 

2. Covid! Covid, covid, covid... its remarkable how much this pandemic has impacted us and not other teams. Especially because the (offensive) system is basically the same with one other personnel package lumped in because our mensa head coach can't find out who the best playmakers are. Strike two. 

3. Tom Herman Texas (Offensive) Football. It's why he was hired. Anyone who had any hope in this offense once it was released he didn't want Harrell because of not changing his system, brought this upon themselves. The fucking guy even told us he wasn't willing to relinquish control of the offense, then flipped us off on signing day. Strike three, gtfo.

36 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Good to hear, will expect championship from next group in year one

From urban? Absofuckinglutely. A playoff appearance within two and a national championship within 3. 

Herman? He'll lose at least 5 next year, already has shit the bed on 2021 and 2022's class (putting the program in danger of barely returning to the talented rosters of mack's end,) and will inevitably be fired after next season once the ones who still do give a shit, stop. 

Fairly obvious what CDC should be (and hopefully is) doing right now. Everyone has a ton of faith in the guy, I can see why, but this will be the ultimate litmus test. Fuck a Bevo Blvd. How about a trophy Blvd?

3 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Not having an off-season would be a better excuse if the offense started off poorly and showed improvement over the course of the season. Which is happening on defense. We're seeing the opposite on offense. That side of the ball is regressing other than Bijan. We've been at our best at the end of games when we aren't running our scheme, whatever that is.

• Like 1

The mere fact that in year 4 of the Herman experiment we have Christian Jones starting and Cade Brewer getting plays called for him says it all. Seriously, we've just been playing awful offense for weeks, if not longer. Can't blame the same old problems on the new OC.    

4 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

The bigger question is why do we never improve as the season goes on? blOU does every fucking year. OLine still shitty, Sam regressing, WRs dropping passes, Sterns might as well be practice dummy, LBs still taking shitty angles and missing tackles, stupid ass penalties killing drives, opponents best receivers/TEs are still wide TF open. Why does every team I watch get 3-4 wide open TDs or big plays and we get none? Every big play we make has to be some jump ball contested catch. We really need an off-season to fix this shit?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1