2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

8 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

Looking into tickets for next Monday or Wednesday through official channels but they're slim pickings. Anyone have thoughts on resale sites? Wondering what the best way to find tickets would be.

Wish I did. If you find out, could you share? I'll be getting the 2nd shot at the end of March so would love to go to a game in April. 

Chris Arnold said this is the best stretch for the Mavs in a decade. We have won 10 of 12. In 2011, we went 18-1 at one point. Hard to believe but then it isn't considering how the last decade went since that ring.

Just praying we can keep KP out there for the rest of the season.

• Hook 'Em 2

This game is on Carlisle. He made the decision to sit two stars when it seemed completely unnecessary. Now you don’t have a win and you head to Denver for your third game in 4 nights. Even if the two stars are rested, the rest of the roster is now spent. Maybe the team will bail him out, but this was still a bad call. 

52 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

This game is on Carlisle. He made the decision to sit two stars when it seemed completely unnecessary. Now you don’t have a win and you head to Denver for your third game in 4 nights. Even if the two stars are rested, the rest of the roster is now spent. Maybe the team will bail him out, but this was still a bad call. 

they've got that 8 seed wrapped up.

Edit: yes I know about the play in tournament.

Edited by dcar00

Yep this makes zero sense coming off a week break. Luka is young as hell. The fuck you load managing him? You play either Luka or KP and we win. Sitting them both after a week break in a game we really need to win is idiotic. No reason at all to sit them both. As someone mentioned, Lebron is much older, has a shit ton of games played and he gets out there.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

I find it interesting you think Rick made this decision himself. 

This game, and sitting them did not bother me at all.  Hell I'm more surprised when KP actually plays on a B2B.

What I'm scratching my head over is the lack of young guys...if Green and Bey had played a ton I'd have taken this a lot better.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

I find it interesting you think Rick made this decision himself. 

This game, and sitting them did not bother me at all.  Hell I'm more surprised when KP actually plays on a B2B.

What I'm scratching my head over is the lack of young guys...if Green and Bey had played a ton I'd have taken this a lot better.

Who do you think made this decision? 

KP sitting was 100% predetermined months ago. It was a road back to back. He wasn't going to play no matter what. And, given this situation, that seems like the smart thing to do. Y'all want to win a road game in early March and increase the risk of him missing more time later. (note: should have won the damn game anyways, THAT part is what's on Rick to some extent.)

Edited by CBT

4 minutes ago, CBT said:

KP sitting was 100% predetermined months ago. It was a road back to back. He wasn't going to play no matter what. And, given this situation, that seems like the smart thing to do. Y'all want to win a road game in early March and increase the risk of him missing more time later. (note: should have won the damn game anyways, THAT part is what's on Rick to some extent.)

No reason whatsoever for Luka to sit.  He had played twice in the last week.  Agreed on the good first half, would have been better if we didn’t start out in a 10-0 hole.

The shots were raining in last night for the Mavs.  Jamal Murray is in a funk for DEN, but there was no way DEN was beating DAL last night - Mavs were ready and put together an excellent win on Statement Saturday in the NBA. 

DAL is officially back after a slow start to the season.  

Huge set of games. 2x Clippers and 2x Blazers. Games against Blazers are huge as they are 1.5 ahead of us. Clips are 3.5 ahead I believe. Big chance to shave those leads and get us closer to not being in the play-in games

On 3/11/2021 at 8:03 AM, LurkingHorn said:

Wish I did. If you find out, could you share? I'll be getting the 2nd shot at the end of March so would love to go to a game in April. 

going to tonight's game.  ended up buying tickets off the nba website.  what resale tix there were were marked up pretty heavily.  it looks like there aren't that many tix for each game to begin with so it makes sense.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, gsoda3 said:

going to tonight's game.  ended up buying tickets off the nba website.  what resale tix there were were marked up pretty heavily.  it looks like there aren't that many tix for each game to begin with so it makes sense.  

Are you having to provide proof of vax or no?

5 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

The argument for why you sit your team against OKC is to see what you have against DEN, and make the statement. It's straight out of the Popovich playbook. Especially since the low seeds are play in games anyways.

Maybe, I don't think anybody is anti-KP sitting, but your 22 year old superstar sitting straight out of the All-Star break is stupid. Especially given how much he played in ASG. If his ankle hurt, he shoulda pulled the Lebron and played 9 minutes not 30+. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, LurkingHorn said:

Are you having to provide proof of vax or no?

they haven't said anything about providing proof of tax.  i had to fill out a health care questionnaire for all of us though.  "have you been sick, has anyone in your family been sick, are you feverish" that was about it.

• Hook 'Em 1