2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

31 minutes ago, threesheets said:

Doubt that will quiet the bitchy ass Mavs fans on Twitter.  I'd love it though.

I hate being reminded twice a year (trade deadline and the first few days free agency) that the Mavs have some of the most entitled fucking fans in the league.

Entitled? Nope. Wanting this front office to absolutely make some moves? Absolutely. We haven't won a playoff series in 10 years. Of course people are going to get restless. People want to think fanbases are inherently different. They are all the same. In every sport and team.Every fanbase wants to win and gets restless when they don't. Every fanbase wants the best recruits, free agents and draft picks. Mavs fans are not any different in that regards. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Getting rid of Johnson and Iwundu both tells me they think one of the kids is ready to play some regular minutes.  Not a lot, but some.

i thought iwundu was ready for more minutes.  apparently they're high on nate hinton also. but i don't think they're going to see that much more time.  they weren't getting run other than in a blowout anyway.

We wanted to add defense this off-season so we got johnson and richardson. Let seth go. Sacrificed offense for defense. Now we're worse at both defense and offense so we're trying to fix it.

My suggestion: If we could just get kp to box out on the defensive glass that would make an immediate difference.

46 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

I was looking forward to having James around in the playoffs.

I liked Johnson, but when you are shuffling the 9-12 roster spots it’s really hard to get excited or complain.  Reddick brings an elite skill, and I like that.  Johnson could kick some ass if necessary, and was a better basketball player than I anticipated him being, but we felt we needed shooting and got the best guy available for a small cost and no cap implications beyond this year.

32 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Would like Drummond but think he'll sign with the Lakers.

we had a choice between Drummond and Reddick and chose Reddick, because the trade for either of them was going to need Johnson’s contract to make the salaries match.  I think we made the right choice if those were the only 2 realistic options.

• Like 1

Just now, gsoda3 said:
1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:
Load management and COVID is going to doom this otherwise pretty good team to a play in game.

Luka's out with a tight back. But yeah.

He’s out tonight because they are load managing him.  KP will sit tomorrow for the same reason.  I’m sure they will say it is soreness in his knee.

He’s out tonight because they are load managing him.  KP will sit tomorrow for the same reason.  I’m sure they will say it is soreness in his knee.
I don't think it's load management. They usually announce that well in advance. He was supposed to play up til right before tipoff. If anything they're being extra cautious with Luka.

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:
19 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I don't think it's load management. They usually announce that well in advance. He was supposed to play up til right before tipoff. If anything they're being extra cautious with Luka.

We’ll agree to disagree.  The training/medical staff is running this organization right now, and IMO, they are overly cautious.  And it is going to cost us dearly come playoff time.  The separation between 3 and 7 in the West has been incredibly small lately.  Luka is a 22 yo kid with no major injury history.  KP I kind of get, but a meniscus is nothing like an ACL. If we are going to sit one of them every time we have a back to back, we are not going to move up in the standings. 

We’ll agree to disagree.  The training/medical staff is running this organization right now, and IMO, they are overly cautious.  And it is going to cost us dearly come playoff time.  The separation between 3 and 7 in the West has been incredibly small lately.  Luka is a 22 yo kid with no major injury history.  KP I kind of get, but a meniscus is nothing like an ACL. If we are going to sit one of them every time we have a back to back, we are not going to move up in the standings. 
I do agree we're being too cautious with Luka. At this age he should be out there every night. He needs to get used to playing with issues. At the end of the season everyone's playing with something wrong.

19 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
22 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I do agree we're being too cautious with Luka. At this age he should be out there every night. He needs to get used to playing with issues. At the end of the season everyone's playing with something wrong.

I bet you $20 in Best Buy coupons that KP sits tomorrow.  They caught shit for sitting them both last time against OKC and lost the game, so they’re going to split it this time.  Luka sits tonight, KP sits tomorrow.  Neither are actually injured.  

KP looked good tonight. And that was the only positive. The rest of the team didn't show up worth a shit. Another terrible loss to a team we should win. 

The NBA should abolish back to backs. It's terrible for the product, for the fans, for the players. No one wants it. Yet it seems it won't go anywhere. Players need a day rest after games. Make every game on even ground. Not one team coming in with rest and the other on a back to back or 3 in 4 days. Scheduled losses are the suck.

Incorrect

Show your work.

The 22-year-old All-Star was a late addition to the Mavericks’ daily injury report Friday afternoon — the team didn’t include him on Thursday’s initial status list — but Doncic has been dealing with the lingering back issue since mid-February.

Callie Caplan
@CallieCaplan
Rick Carlisle said Luka Doncic will not play tonight vs. Pacers because of lower back tightness: "He's getting treatment, working on it."

He'll travel with Mavs to New Orleans for game tomorrow.
6:12 PM · Mar 26, 2021

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

So to be clear, we have 2 ppl who vehemently believe Luka is being held out on consecutive nights strictly due to load management? 

They just said he’s sick, non-COVID related.  He was absolutely being load managed last night.