2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

JFC every time the Mavs lose a couple of games the ass-talkers take over this piece of shit thread.  Luka is leaving when? In '27? He's about to get a 5 year $200m auto-extension after this season (provided he makes one of the three all NBA teams. 

Or maybe he'll decline and play for $10m next season so he can hit free agency and make less money. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

I didn’t get to watch, but looking at the box score, the Mavs absolutely crushed them on the boards. How did that happen without KP? 

primarily by turning it over more- and shooting a higher percentage than LA, creating fewer opportunities for defensive rebounds for LA

JFC every time the Mavs lose a couple of games the ass-talkers take over this piece of shit thread.  Luka is leaving when? In '27? He's about to get a 5 year $200m auto-extension after this season (provided he makes one of the three all NBA teams. 
Or maybe he'll decline and play for $10m next season so he can hit free agency and make less money. 

Absolutely. It’s year fucking 3 of Luka. What did y’all expect? A finals contender when this team was a fucking lottery team 2 and 3 years ago? They didn’t add prime lebron. They added a rookie in Luka who needs to grow.

People forget it took Lebron 4 years to get to the finals in the weakest eastern conference ever.

Steph took 7-8 years to get there.

This is not NY or LA or Boston. Stars don’t flock to Dallas even when they’re bad(like Lebron did to LA). It takes time to build a team.

Give them a fucking chance to guild the team around Luka. This team is NOT the one Luka will be a contender with.

They’re already a year, or 2, at least ahead of schedule.

Luka isn’t leaving until after his rookie extension. So what’s that? 2027?

Jesus Christ guys. Vic is the most over reactionary guy I know about Dallas sports and some of y’all just fall right in line with it.

They literally had a week long slump, and you guys think Luka is gone this off season. Fuck.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Uggggh I hate and love that luka deep step back 3, it’s so lazy but does work often-ish. Wonder what the stats are on it. Damn solid win tonight without kp
JVG last week had the breakdown on his 3s. Low 40s on set shots, low 30s on pullbacks.

Wait a minute, are you guys saying that you believe in this team and are buying that they are a good enough team to put together a playoff run? Are you guys saying that Cuban and Co. have done a favorable, good or even an average job of building a team to compete this year, based off of what you've seen?

Or are you guys just being homer fans and emotionally getting upset at people criticizing what looks like a step back from last year in team chemistry, roster and ability for a playoff run? 

I'm happy to eat crow as a Mavs fan, but I don't understand the indignation. Please educate me.

1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

Man, this might not be the right place for this but I just saw Jonathan Tjarks has cancer, doesn't sound good at all. Mavs fan/Texan that writes for the Ringer, used to write DMN. Fuck cancer

Also used to post here.  Fuck cancer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

F, don’t know him but my pops had a sarcoma. Really hope it’s not the same type.

I literally just texted a buddy about Burke being who Rick should turn to immediately on a slow start night. He and Powell are fearless and attackers, energy guys. TB comes in and immediately drops 7 pts on em

18 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Wait a minute, are you guys saying that you believe in this team and are buying that they are a good enough team to put together a playoff run? Are you guys saying that Cuban and Co. have done a favorable, good or even an average job of building a team to compete this year, based off of what you've seen?

Or are you guys just being homer fans and emotionally getting upset at people criticizing what looks like a step back from last year in team chemistry, roster and ability for a playoff run? 

I'm happy to eat crow as a Mavs fan, but I don't understand the indignation. Please educate me.

^^^ I was saying.

I'm trying to not be mad about this anymore. This team takes nights off. It's just who they are. The frustrating part for me is if they would just not take games off, they would easily be the 6th seed and maybe even the 5th. Then they could have been resting guys down the stretch. Now they're going to have to duke it out just to stay out of the play-in games.