2021 Texas Softball

Machinator

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Well at least we were super regional participants. we met our expectations after the Elish departure 

We took a team that had our number to a game 3 on their home field too. 

Bring in Hope Trautwein and run it back. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Machinator said:

They showed some warts and some grit in something of a transition season. Appreciate what the ladies accomplished this year.

Great effort ladies....fell just a hair short....we shall return.....better and meaner.   Those okie teams can eliminate each other....let’s go James Madison!

Hook’m Ladies!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Pretty good program trajectory. Couple of supers in a kinda row. Hopefully, they can recruit and get some momentum on this.  

At this point, the recruiting is there. If we can nab a transfer pitcher and maybe an OF so not to have to start a highly talented freshman day 1, it would go a long way.  We likely won’t be looking to add any bats unless someone super talented comes calling. 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

At this point, the recruiting is there. If we can nab a transfer pitcher and maybe an OF so not to have to start a highly talented freshman day 1, it would go a long way.  We likely won’t be looking to add any bats unless someone super talented comes calling. 

Really? Surely we could improve our hitting. Against decent pitching we were shut down all year 

4 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Really? Surely we could improve our hitting. Against decent pitching we were shut down all year 

I don’t, to me, think that’s a talent issue.  I’d like to get a sports psychologist in to really dig why we turtles against better pitching.  Probably didn’t help a few players, like Rhodes, got ice cold in May. 

Jefferson, Burke, Iakopo, Sullivan, Whitaker, JJ Smith all come back. Corona got limited time but showed a lot with her short game and speed in the 9 hole. Parker was inconsistent, I wouldn’t hate an upgrade at SS (Brito maybe?) Need a bat in CF to replace Rhodes. 

Edited by Js1

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I don’t, to me, think that’s a talent issue.  I’d like to get a sports psychologist in to really dig why we turtles against better pitching.  Probably didn’t help a few players, like Rhodes, got ice cold in May. 

Jefferson, Burke, Iakopo, Sullivan, Whitaker, JJ Smith all come back. Corona got limited time but showed a lot with her short game and speed in the 9 hole. Parker was inconsistent, I wouldn’t hate an upgrade at SS (Brito maybe?) Need a bat in CF to replace Rhodes. 

Yeah, defense has to get a lot better -- SS fielding issues have to be fixed !!!

On 5/28/2021 at 11:15 AM, Steven Avery said:

Sophia Simpson won two game for Barbers Hill against previously unbeaten Lake Creek(and aggy signed pitcher Emily Kennedy) and will playing in the state semi finals Friday at 10 or 1 in Austin. 

Also Stamford will be playing on Tuesday in the 2A semis with 2022 pitching  commit Syb Lollie (sp).

Edited by HollidayHorn
left out a word

10 hours ago, HollidayHorn said:

How embarrassing. I totally apologize to her and her family. On the other hand they just won state. She had 14 Ks I believe

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

With the portal the way it is, looking at pitching depth.  Texas cannot go into 2022 with just Shea, Ryleigh and Sophia.  We really need Trautwein (or a transfer P in general if anyone is grad transferring or just looking for a one year stop, as 2023's depth looks pretty good). 

Molly Jacobsen - GR (coming back as a grad assistant, done playing)
Ariana Adams - COVID JR (leaving)
Shea O'Leary - COVID SO
Courtney Day - COVID FR
Ryleigh White - true FR

2022 - if we added Trautwein, it would be for just 2022

Shea O'Leary - JR
Courtney Day - SO
Ryleigh White - SO
Sophia Simpson - FR

Shea O'Leary - SR
Courtney Day - JR
Ryleigh White - JR