2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

18 hours ago, Scraps said:

Ballin

adf2f89576a17db6903a7378b9747413.jpg

Matt Carpenter: Both his 27.8 barrel percent and 66.7 hard-hit percentage rank in the top of the league. His 95.2 mile per hour average exit velocity is in the 95th percentile. And his expected slugging percentage (xSLG) of .691 sits at the top 8 percent. Still, all Carpenter has to show for that after 26 at-bats are a bunt single to beat the shift and one home run off the right field foul pole.

20 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

damn it. Lamet returned today and was electric as he breezed through his first two innings back. he was then pulled, however, with "right forearm tightness", the very last thing you'd want to hear. i really hope he isn't about to be lost for the season. 

Two days is the expected lag time before the Tommy John recommendation.  

13 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Part of me agrees.  Part of me thinks Physioc would be a lot better if he had someone with an IQ>50 working with him.

I dunno. He's pretty bad. Even when he gets paired with Denny Matthews for home games, he sucks hard. I'm just glad that the MLB package allows me to listen to the opposing broadcasters. It's hard to find a tandem that's worse than what KC trots out every game.