2021 Texas Rangers

CowtownHorn

14 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

So, the Rangers and the Rockies are the only teams not playing in Memorial Day? Did they not want to insult the troops?

Maybe MLB figured nobody would have given their lives for either of those teams.

Which team will lose the most games and get next year's No. 1 overall draft pick? 

Schoenfield: This will be one of the most intriguing storylines the final two months because super-prospect Elijah Green is the jewel of the 2022 draft, a high school outfielder who could end up as the top amateur draft prospect since Bryce Harper.

This looks like a heated four-team race between the Orioles, Tigers, Pirates and Rockies. The Orioles have the "advantage" of playing in a division with four other good teams. The Rockies still have 13 games against the Padres and 12 against the Dodgers and will probably trade Story right after the All-Star Game (which, remember, is now in Denver this year). The Pirates are terrible. The Tigers at least have a little pitching. I'll go with the Orioles as well, although John Means may single-handedly keep them from the worst record.

On 5/31/2021 at 3:31 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Which team will lose the most games and get next year's No. 1 overall draft pick? 

Schoenfield: This will be one of the most intriguing storylines the final two months because super-prospect Elijah Green is the jewel of the 2022 draft, a high school outfielder who could end up as the top amateur draft prospect since Bryce Harper.

This looks like a heated four-team race between the Orioles, Tigers, Pirates and Rockies. The Orioles have the "advantage" of playing in a division with four other good teams. The Rockies still have 13 games against the Padres and 12 against the Dodgers and will probably trade Story right after the All-Star Game (which, remember, is now in Denver this year). The Pirates are terrible. The Tigers at least have a little pitching. I'll go with the Orioles as well, although John Means may single-handedly keep them from the worst record.

Expand  

We even suck at sucking. 

Check out the dates of these posts. 

On 4/28/2021 at 1:16 PM, Trey3216 said:

Don't look now, but Solak is arguably having an All-Star level  season thus far.    

On 4/28/2021 at 1:27 PM, Dr Fear said:

The other AL 2nd base guys are pretty average. 

On 4/28/2021 at 1:32 PM, Jameslaw121 said:

Just checking in to see if anyone still hates Solak??

[/ducks]

On 4/28/2021 at 2:22 PM, Dr Fear said:

I think you still get a minimum of one player per team, so who else would it be at this point?

On 4/28/2021 at 4:27 PM, Jameslaw121 said:

That was more directed at shadow. But now that you mention it. I guess you're right. I don't see anyone else as of right now

Now this. 

Bad baseball players are always going to eventually prove their (lack of) worth. He got hot for two weeks, now he is what we knew he was. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Check out the dates of these posts. 

Now this. 

Bad baseball players are always going to eventually prove their (lack of) worth. He got hot for two weeks, now he is what we knew he was. 

I actually think he is a better ball player than that.   He’s not an All-Star either.   I clearly said “thus far”, so nice “gotcha” moment for you.   

It’s not gotcha, it’s reality. A very bad defensive player has to be able to rake, Nick doesn’t. Unfortunately for him, you can’t really be a decent super-utility player if you can’t play on the left side of the IF. 

He’s bad at 2B, horrific in the OF, can’t really hit. The worst milb part of our season so far is @Post Oak’s hero Davis Wendzel getting hurt. He’s our 2B of the future. 

I'm tired of all this losin'ass shit. Especially losing to other shitty teams. Come on Rangers!

On the other hand they may be improving next year's draft position the past couple of weeks.

Edited by DougO

I rush home from making the rounds so I can catch the last half of the Rangers game. I get here flip the TV on and they're down 7-0, fuckin' Gomer is pitching a shutout.

When the hell does NFL training camp start? Rookie mini camp?