Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - All Gas No Brakes

IT

Spoiler

By: @Justin Wells and @Gerry Hamilton

ATH Ish Harris, Pilot Point (2022):

The 6-foot-4, 190-pound four-star athlete dropped his top six schools today - Texas, OU, Baylor, Utah, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma State made the cut.

He’s hearing from the UT staff often and is eager to get to Austin, when the NCAA allows visits.

“Build my brand and be a part of an elite program,” said Harris, about the Horns message. “They like me at OLB mostly.”

The District 4-3A-1 Offensive MVP has tallied 2,160 yards on the ground with 20 touchdowns in two years, while accumulating 64 tackles, five interceptions, and one forced fumble since 2019.

OL Neto Umeozulu, Allen (2022):

Checking in with one of the state’s top offensive linemen, Umeozulu is narrowing his list soon. For now, Alabama, OU, Texas A&M, and Texas remain on his mind.

“Bama, UT, Baylor, A&M, and OU recruit me the hardest,” Umeozulu said. “(Texas) is putting together something special in the 2022 class. It’s hard to ignore.”

The 6-foot-5, 300-pound tackle wants to be a better leader and get better at finishing blocks his senior year.

If/when visits are a thing again, Austin is getting a visitor. For now, he’ll just continue to build with coach Flood and staff.

K Blake Ford, Arlington Lamar (2022):

He never imagined he’d play college football. He always dreamed about it, but until a few months ago, getting an athletic scholarship for kicking didn’t seem likely.

“I never thought this was possible,” Ford, said about the opportunity to play football in college. “A lot of hard work and sacrifices. And I’m still getting better.”

“Bigfoot,” at 6-foot-1, 210 pounds, brings the boot when he kicks. He went 8-for-8, with a long of 48 yards last season. This year, he’s working on his focus.

“I’m talking to Texas, Alabama, and a handful of other top schools,” Ford said.

Coach Jeff Banks stays in touch with Ford, who is ranked No. 1 in the Chris Sailer kicking rankings.

“Coach Banks is great,” Ford said. “I always enjoy our conversations.”

Texas has a spot penciled in for a kicker in the 2022 class.

Defensive line recruiting nuggets:

In speaking with a source close to Jaray Bledsoe, the Longhorns are in a top 5 that currently consists of Alabama, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and Baylor. Bo Davis’ recruiting pitch has been very well received by Bledsoe and his mother, per the source. The source relayed that Bledoe’s mom prefers he stay in state, which would set up a Texas vs. Texas A&M head-to-head battle. Should Bledoe convince his family that he wanted to go out of state, that would most likely be to Alabama over Oklahoma as of today.

Things remain positive for Texas with regard to defensive tackle Kristopher Ross. The athletic North Shore DT has remained a lean to Texas leading up to his March 23rd announcement date despite the efforts of USC, who is selling a family connection in the Los Angeles area in the music world.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work closely with a certain previously committed 5 star QB's father (hint: its Quinn Ewers, for those who haven't been following recruiting closely like I have) and chatted with him a bit this after

I find all of the angst about Murphy to be laughable. After Ewers, he's the guy I've been cheering for Texas to land for 3 weeks. Texas has a healthy QB room right now and that isn't going to change.

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Jamarion Miller's tape looks good. I think he could play the slot as well as RB. He would be a decent sub for Coleman if he can catch.

You may be right about Miller's skill set but I love him as a 2nd rb take. If this class is as deep at WR as 9.95ers are saying I'd rather him in a 2-back class and get our 4th or 5th WR elsewhere. 

I guess the problem with that is there was talk that the staff is looking for a power back for the second guy but personally I think the big back thing is a little overrated. 

Edited by UncleSonny
1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

You may be right about Miller's skill set but I love him as a 2nd rb take. If this class is a deep at WR at 9.95ers are saying I'd rather him in a 2-back class and get our 4th or 5th WR elsewhere. 

I guess the problem with that is there was talk that the staff is looking for a power back for the second guy but personally I think the big back thing is a little overrated. 

He is very fast, has great lateral quickness and vision, and is hard to tackle. Although, I didn't see it on his HUDL, I would assume that he would be great on punt returns and kickoffs. He makes quick cuts and gets up to speed quickly so really he could play rb or slot. I think he is a little small to be an every down back, though and if he bulks up he may lose what makes him special.

24 minutes ago, Kanly said:

Cade to Clemson

That was quick enough to make me think he would've gone there even if we didn't have Maalik. There was always buzz about Clemson for him. Makes it even bigger that we got MM on board.

• Hook 'Em 2
1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

That was quick enough to make me think he would've gone there even if we didn't have Maalik. There was always buzz about Clemson for him. Makes it even bigger that we got MM on board.

Watch for Brenen Thompson to make a move there next. 

• Rage+1 3
4 hours ago, Machinator said:

Super K on Harold Perkins

Hide contents

This morning, I spoke with the coach of 2022 5-star linebacker, Harold Perkins.

I went to see Harold last month when some of the rumors started to go around about him possibly committing to Texas A&M. That was not the case.

In fact, I got the sense Harold was still very open. At the time he had just begun to hear from coach Banks and company. As you can imagine, that communication has grown a lot in the past month.

I’m told he’s still set on waiting till the summer to even consider a commitment. Big thing for Harold is he wants to meet coaches in person. He wants to look them in the eye.

But does he smile with his eyes?

• Like 1