Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Taking a stab at CB

1. Domani Jackson/Denver Harris
  2. Jaeden Gould
  3. Guilbeau
  4. Laterrance Welch
  5. Julian Humphrey

Austin Jordan is likely a nickel or a safety, but would probably slot between Guilbeau and Welch

Is the prevailing wisdom that we aren't really pushing for Bobby Taylor at this time? I wouldn't mind us doing so seeing as he just (very publicly) rebuked A&M and has an elite teammate that seems to think that they'll be playing together at the next level.

1 minute ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Is the prevailing wisdom that we aren't really pushing for Bobby Taylor at this time? I wouldn't mind us doing so seeing as he just (very publicly) rebuked A&M and has an elite teammate that seems to think that they'll be playing together at the next level.

Is Taylor more of a Safety than CB?  

1 minute ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

They won't be a package deal, imo.

Prevailing wisdom says Bobby Taylor is a safety. That's the one thing aggy can use to rebound in that crootment

6 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Taking a stab at CB

2. Jaeden Gould
  3. Guilbeau
  4. Laterrance Welch
  5. Julian Humphrey

Austin Jordan is likely a nickel or a safety, but would probably slot between Guilbeau and Welch

Humphrey doesn't have an offer.

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Taking a stab at CB

2. Jaeden Gould
  3. Guilbeau
  4. Laterrance Welch
  5. Julian Humphrey

What about Brenen Thompson?  I know he's listed as an athlete, but aren't we looking at him as a CB?  He's a guy that's blindingly fast.

33 minutes ago, cafe society said:

What about Brenen Thompson?  I know he's listed as an athlete, but aren't we looking at him as a CB?  He's a guy that's blindingly fast.

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

Hoping he's being recruited for offense. 

If I remember right, he's being recruited by Valai, but with the idea that, although we'd probably prefer him at DB, we really just want him in the boat first and can work out the position later.

• Like 3

Horns 247 / Nick Harris / Texas emerging as a top school for four-star Emeka Megwa

Spoiler

Texas emerging as a top school for four-star Emeka Megwa

NickHarris15

CARROLLTON, Texas — Pylon 7v7 hosted their fourth Dallas tournament of 2020 this past Saturday at Carrollton's A+D1 facility where a number of 2021, 2022 and 2023 recruits were able to compete.

Fort Worth (Tex.) Nolan Catholic 2022 four-star athlete Emeka Megwa made his way to Carrollton to compete with the Pylon-assimilated team of individual signees alongside players such as Arkansas commit Chase Lowery and 2022 defensive back Jalon Peoples. Megwa played both ways for the put-together squad as he made some noise at linebacker and running back early in the day.

"I've been doing nothing but schoolwork and working with my team," Megwa said about his last few months. "Schools have been reaching out more often during the quarantine too since they haven't been doing too much."

Schools in contact with Megwa have been rather plentiful as he is one of the more offered 2022 recruits in the nation with 34. He mentioned Michigan, Texas A&M, Texas, Ohio State and Penn State as the schools he's been talking to the most. Texas running backs coach Stan Drayton has been handling his recruitment since the Longhorns offered back in May of 2019 and Megwa has pointed to their strong relationship as a reason why Texas finds themselves in a top grouping.

"We don't even really talk about football most of the time," Megwa said about his relationship with Drayton. "He's just trying to teach me more about football. It's always great, Texas is a great school."

Megwa has been to Texas multiple times and has been able to take away things from each visit.

"I haven't been to a game but it's always fun," Megwa said. "One time I went, they brought me to a pool party during the summer so that was fun. The campus is great and they're building stuff too."

When the emergency dead period is lifted, Megwa said that he definitely wants to get back to Texas as well as Oklahoma, Penn State and Clemson.

At 6-foot-0, 200 pounds, Megwa is the No. 227 rated recruit in the country for the class of 2022, according to 247Sports Composite. He is the No. 12 athlete in the country and the No. 31 recruit in the state of Texas.

7 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Committed to PSU yesterday.

Hayes really is just working off a template these days - stadium at the bottom, add mascot, put together a few action shots of the recruit and maybe someone from the school, put that waxwork filter on top, BAM

17 hours ago, texifornia said:

Hayes really is just working off a template these days - stadium at the bottom, add mascot, put together a few action shots of the recruit and maybe someone from the school, put that waxwork filter on top, BAM

didn't he used to actually have some decent edits back when he was like 14?

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting