Rich people don't pay much in taxes (now in CR) - ProPublica

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Well since I wasn’t talking to you maybe you should have either ignored it then or made a substantive response instead of just bashing me instead. Hope it made you feel temporarily better.

You quoted a question I asked someone else and as usual added nothing to it other than a smart ass response taking a potshot at me which I then responded to and then you responded to. It’s not that difficult to look back up a few posts.

2 minutes ago, Brew said:

You quoted a question I asked someone else and as usual added nothing to it other than a smart ass response taking a potshot at me which I then responded to and then you responded to. It’s not that difficult to look back up a few posts.

We’ve had this same discussion before when talking about the trump tax cuts, which you seemed to support. We just apparently fundamentally disagree on the fairness of our current tax system which I believe benefits the top 1 percent (really more like top .001 percent) owners of capital which based on your posts you seem to have no problem with. I took issue with you asking a non accountant how can they possibly do this when I think you already know how or at least should know how.

A wealth tax is likely unconstitutional. But how hard would it be to implement a graduated lifetime capital gains tax? Not hard at all. But it will never happen, cuz both parties are in the pocket of the wealthy.

Example. 1st million 15%

2-5 million 20%

5-10 million 30%

over 10 million:  50%

This would also take care of those hedge fund guys that get to claim their income is capital gains.  I'm all for sticking it to Bill Gates and Warren Buffett.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, JohnLocke said:

A wealth tax is likely unconstitutional. But how hard would it be to implement a graduated lifetime capital gains tax? Not hard at all. But it will never happen, cuz both parties are in the pocket of the wealthy.

Example. 1st million 15%

2-5 million 20%

5-10 million 30%

over 10 million:  50%

This would also take care of those hedge fund guys that get to claim their income is capital gains.  I'm all for sticking it to Bill Gates and Warren Buffett.

Hmm. There might actually be something to the unconstitutional argument. https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2019/12/17/787476334/is-a-wealth-tax-constitutional

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
Ă—
Ă—