Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound

Machinator

4 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Lol, Riley is being given players he doesn’t want…

Riley isn’t contacting these players. He’s not calling Worthy on the phone and saying “I’ve got a million dollar package for you to come out here.”  fucking idiots, jfc

20 minutes ago, futureman said:

Riley isn’t contacting these players. He’s not calling Worthy on the phone and saying “I’ve got a million dollar package for you to come out here.”  fucking idiots, jfc

I know, he has nothing to do with this. Poor Riley getting players others are selecting for him. Jimbo had nothing to do with the aggie network bank being rolled around town.

so much talk in draft threads about no offensive picks in Round 1 , but X W will blast the 40 in the 4.2s and go in the top 15.  The guy has something I've only seen in people like Deion Sanders/ Bo Jackson that is the ability to take to another gear at the last few milliseconds of a play. X gets that separation on the deep ball, we see on tv and ask -- hey the DB was 1-2 yards from X during ball midflight but 4-6 yards when X catches it.  We need to appreciate this young man, he's a freak of nature. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PFF's WR Rankings: Longhorns' Xavier Worthy in Top 5?

Zach Dimmitt - Wednesday

Worthy enters the fall as one of the biggest names at his position.

OIP.1RaL4FE3e53md0_6-G5mWwHaEK?pid=ImgDe

There might not be a more explosive or dynamic player in the country than Texas Longhorns wideout Xavier Worthy. 

And the general consensus seems to agree.

Pro Football Focus revealed its list for the 10-best receivers in college football heading into the 2022-23 season and has Worthy at No. 4 in the country behind Ohio State's Jaxon Smith-Njigba, USC's Jordan Addison, and LSU's Kayshon Boutte.

Worthy shined as one of college football's best receivers as a true freshman. He had 62 catches for 981 yards and 12 touchdown receptions, with the 12 scores being good for first among freshmen receivers and fifth overall.

“I just want to build off that,” Worthy told the media this spring. “Go win a Big 12 championship.”

And a critical step to bringing a Big 12 title back to Austin? Buying into the system, Texas coach Steve Sarkisian continues to establish headed into year two with the program.

Worthy didn’t mince his words when asked about potentially transferring after a 5-7 season and missing out on a bowl game.

“(Transferring) wasn’t even a decision,” he said. “I put my trust in Sark so I’m just gonna believe in Sark. I’m not leaving. I put my trust in Sark"

The 62 catches also led all freshmen and earned him Freshman All-American honors.

It's hard to imagine Worthy having a better season in 2022, but the addition of receivers coach Brennan Marion could prove the difference in helping him reach new heights. 

Marion, who orchestrated a Pitt Panthers' receiving group that was No. 5 in the nation in yards per game (350.2) last season, has been drilling key lessons into Worthy's head early on in spring ball.

“He basically tells me ‘last year didn’t count," Worthy said of Marion. "It’s what you do this year that counts. What you did last year doesn’t matter.’”

With a year of experience under his belt, Worthy will once again be Texas' No. 1 option in the passing game. And under the guidance of Sarkisian and Marion, his trajectory only has room to grow.

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Is that sarcasm? He chunked up a jump ball in to double coverage and got lucky that the DBs got turned around. Maybe sarcasm. If so my bad.

Pause it at 5 secs, when he lets the ball go he’s got the closest guy beat pretty good. Ball was under thrown making him look less open.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Big Drop(s) Zay
  • immamac changed the title to Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound