Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound

Machinator

Great call and execution on a fourth down with the whole game on the line.  Other than double cover Zay, nothing that defender could have done.  That’s how you do it Jimbo.

Radio announcers were joking that Sark was gonna get an earful if they didn’t score and you didn’t give it to Bijan. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Nobody gets redirected and bumped off his route more easily than X.

Fucking lightweight

That's pretty much the whole problem.  He gets bumped, he doesn't fight for balls, he doesn't sacrifice himself.  A big part of that is he would be crushed if he did, so he's averse to making himself defenseless, if not contact outright.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's pretty much the whole problem.  He gets bumped, he doesn't fight for balls, he doesn't sacrifice himself.  A big part of that is he would be crushed if he did, so he's averse to making himself defenseless, if not contact outright.

TCU probably has the best, most physical DBs we've played all season.

Zay wanted no part of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

What makes him unlikeable?

Doesn’t seem like a bad guy he’s just not a favorite of mine. It’s a business and they’re all “mercenaries” to a degree. Many other players can balance that without it being a distraction or public, but he can’t. Also frustrating to see him show tremendous hustle & grit one play then see him (seemingly) loaf the next couple. One of those issues on its own wouldn’t bug me hardly at all. It’s the combo that does it. 

13 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

What makes him unlikeable?

Hmmmmmm... giving up on plays?  Not even making an effort on certain routes?  Being a full-on "look at me! look at me!!!" type who doesn't even really try to hide the fact that he's a gun for hire with no real feel for his teammates or the school?

Just spitballing here.

• Hook 'Em 5

13 hours ago, Helobious said:

Doesn’t seem like a bad guy he’s just not a favorite of mine. It’s a business and they’re all “mercenaries” to a degree. Many other players can balance that without it being a distraction or public, but he can’t. Also frustrating to see him show tremendous hustle & grit one play then see him (seemingly) loaf the next couple. One of those issues on its own wouldn’t bug me hardly at all. It’s the combo that does it. 

It's truly amazing to me that the question was even asked in the first place.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think he's ok.  He doesn't do much showboating, and seems pretty humble when he makes big plays.   Last year most were remarking on how fearless it was when it came to taking on pretty much anyone in yards after catch or on runbacks.  But this year that has changed quite a bit.  Maybe they are telling him to save his body for the next play and not potentially sacrifice his whole season over a few extra yards.  Particularly since the WR room is pretty thin to start with.

Maybe that explains the lack of willingness to stretch out for a catch?  For fear of being broadsided and knocked out of the season?    

And being knocked off the routes is something that defenses have learned is one way to deal with him, I imagine.  

But I don't see him being dislikeable and I don't get the sense he is a lockerroom cancer.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cajun said:

Hmmmmmm... giving up on plays?  Not even making an effort on certain routes?  Being a full-on "look at me! look at me!!!" type who doesn't even really try to hide the fact that he's a gun for hire with no real feel for his teammates or the school?

Just spitballing here.

17 hours ago, Helobious said:

Care to highlight the plays you felt he gave up on or had a lack of effort? Also in what ways did he display a "look at me!!" attitude? In a season where most WRs would have visibly displayed their frustration on the field after repeatedly getting open and being overthrown Worthy did not. He also did not have to take on PR duties, would have taken on KR duties if it was up to him, and was always a willing blocker down field. I guess everyone sees what they want to see. Also what did Worthy do publicly this season to make it known he is a gun for hire?

Edited by SarkAfterDark
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Care to highlight the plays you felt he gave up on or had a lack of effort? Also in what ways did he display a "look at me!!" attitude? In a season where most WRs would have visibly displayed their frustration on the field after repeatedly getting open and being overthrown Worthy did not. He also did not have to take on PR duties, would have taken on KR duties if it was up to him, and was always a willing blocker down field. I guess everyone sees what they want to see. Also what did Worthy do publicly this season to make it known he is a gun for hire?

They’re all over the football board.  I mean ALL over.  Do your own work or continue to be purposefully obtuse.  I’m not going to spin my wheels attempting to catch you up.

Your choice.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, immamac said:

Why would he spend what looks like we'll into the 6 figures on a jewelry piece only to change his number less than 1 month after delivery? Maybe I'm just the dumb one here. 

Pffftttt - you talkin' 'bout practice money. Real money comes from the N F of L.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Why would he spend what looks like well into the 6 figures on a jewelry piece only to change his number less than 1 month after delivery? Maybe I'm just the dumb one here. 

It may look like a six figure jewelry piece,  but it’s more like a 4 figure piece, and I’m sure that he can more than afford that.

17 hours ago, Cajun said:

3:28 and 5:05 just off the cuff...

3:28 he had no idea where that ball was, 5:05 there was nothing more for him to do there and that was a very poor throw. If your expectation is he should be able to make a play on that ball then I’m going to assume you’ve never had to run and catch a football in your life.

2 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

3:28 he had no idea where that ball was, 5:05 there was nothing more for him to do there and that was a very poor throw. If your expectation is he should be able to make a play on that ball then I’m going to assume you’ve never had to run and catch a football in your life.

@Cajun you shoulda left it alone. lol

• immamac changed the title to Big Drop(s) Zay
  • immamac changed the title to Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound