The Boat Fanatic Thread

Yarbr

25 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I find it interesting that you felt the need to by both a 1.75 and a 750 of Grey Goose and Patron.

One for the dock and one for the boat.

23 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Be safe out there Capt. 

In my defense, it’s mostly for the stripper.  There will be strippers...right?

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

One for the dock and one for the boat.

In my defense, it’s mostly for the stripper.  There will be strippers...right?

Your dock must be nicer than the ones I have experienced in my lifetime if you are stocking a separate bar in addition to the boat.

23 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Your dock must be nicer than the ones I have experienced in my lifetime if you are stocking a separate bar in addition to the boat.

Once you have a nice boat the next step is upgrading your dock. Once you can party on the dock there’s no reason to go out on the water.  Bigger boat better dock just stay in. I’m not agreeing with it but it’s what most big boat owners do. 

10 hours ago, troph said:

Once you have a nice boat the next step is upgrading your dock. Once you can party on the dock there’s no reason to go out on the water.  Bigger boat better dock just stay in. I’m not agreeing with it but it’s what most big boat owners do. 

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Is this a compliment or an insult?

Wait, who the hell am I kidding?  I forgot where I was for a second...of course it's an insult.  I just don't know what it means.

It is an observational comment rooted in an equal mix of quantity, quality, & qualified badassery with just a hint of concern for life span.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
On 3/18/2021 at 5:54 PM, Landomatic said:
Did I mention I got a new boat?  Here's a picture...
6r5jDE.jpg

Why Titos and Grey Goose?

The Tito’s is for the normal guests and the Grey Goose is for the strippers who think that drinking somewhat expensive vodka makes them high class.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, davidg said:

There is a bourbon thread in Food and Travel. Might want to take a look through it and reevaluate your bar stock.

Yep. Bourbon is conspicuously missing. That is a "high roller" necessity. Oh, and Bud Light for Steel Shank.

CHIEF

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

Damn that statement couldn’t be truer.  I’m gonna blame mrs landomatic for that

I deleted the hew a straight man that knows how to party. Having a few handsome gay men around who are fun and attentive to the women is an easy way to get laid.

Edited by troph
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

I don't think I'd make much of a sailor.

I started to hyperventilate while being taught how to create a wake surfing wave.

"Wait, that button does whaaaaaat?"  

I had some anxiety the first day when the wind picked up to about the max you’d want to have for sailing. The power of the wind is incredible.

59 minutes ago, Cajun said:

No button for that scene.

I’ve got two new custom boards coming - including a long board - for this season. If I’m lucky we’ll be in the new place by august. Can’t wait. 

Edited by troph

10 hours ago, troph said:

No math here. Explain. 

The force of wind is air density times the square of wind velocity (speed). So as wind speed increases, the pressure in your sails goes up exponentially, not linearly.

The take home is going from 5 to 10 knots of breeze is much less than going from say 20 to 25 knots. As you get into bigger and bigger breeze, any increase in wind speed makes a bigger and bigger difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G650 said:

The force of wind is air density times the square of wind velocity (speed). So as wind speed increases, the pressure in your sails goes up exponentially, not linearly.

The take home is going from 5 to 10 knots of breeze is much less than going from say 20 to 25 knots. As you get into bigger and bigger breeze, any increase in wind speed makes a bigger and bigger difference.

Great explanation! Thank you.