Longboard Horn

Tell me about Iowa State

19 hours ago, SnowAggy said:

The closest I've come to crying as an adult man.  Culbertson pushing it right will never leave my memory.  Motherfucker had made 21 of 22 attempts after taking over for Tony Yelk and missed a (I think it was actually) 24 yarder.  CCG at Arrowhead...FUCK!  FAAAAAACK!!!

In 2004 I was disappointed, but not that mad because the team was so young and 2003 is still the absolute worst ISU team I can vividly remember.  I was like "well, shit.  But next year is going to be amazing."

2005 is the ultimate ISU nut kick season.  All 4 losses featured really bad calls at critical junctures, complete and utter chokes on our part, and at least 3 of them featured both(!).

Dan McCarney may have been fired after a poor 2006 season, but it was the '05 campaign that truly cost him his job.  We should have been 11-0 rolling into Houston to get Vinced.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

In 2004 I was disappointed, but not that mad because the team was so young and 2003 is still the absolute worst ISU team I can vividly remember.  I was like "well, shit.  But next year is going to be amazing."

2005 is the ultimate ISU nut kick season.  All 4 losses featured really bad calls at critical junctures, complete and utter chokes on our part, and at least 3 of them featured both(!).

Dan McCarney may have been fired after a poor 2006 season, but it was the '05 campaign that truly cost him his job.  We should have been 11-0 rolling into Houston to get Vinced.

Yes... Nebraska 2OT game winning INT dropped, Baylor Endzone fumble,  Chase Daniel's coming out party OT loss at Mizzou, and the overturned TD during the first year of instant replay at OT loss to freaking Kansas...  then after all that... the 1st down replay that was ruled down before the line to gain by a "wrist" to give TCU the ball back late in the game.. yep.  

Don't be that way, Man. You ARE allowed to be happy. Be happy with the hope that Matt Campbell and is family have fallen in love with everything Ames (cow tipping and whatever), and stays for a long time.