2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

I am still wildly unclear about why it's bad when somebody fundraises using techniques other than $10 donations from millions of people?  The list of people who did it that way is not anyone I'd want to have in my kitchen.  

I am still wildly unclear about why it's bad when somebody fundraises using techniques other than $10 donations from millions of people?  The list of people who did it that way is not anyone I'd want to have in my kitchen.  

Ideological Progressive maximalists love loser talk, because they love to lose.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Ask all the suburbs he turned blue in Texas in 2018.

Those were turning blue with or without him, state migration. The amount of fucking people flowing into this state on a monthly basis is insane.

• Like 1

Texas isn't going blue anymore than California is going red for the 2020 Presidential Election. Your job is to have our back and watch us implement some of your great progressive ideas, while we pray for you. Hold the rope.

We need a little more Ann Richards/Jim Hightower from Texas. Ann would have pushed Kerry over the line. But he chose John f'ing Edwards - a carnival barker pushed on him by the Centrists. Texas Democrats are best when they are progressive populists in the national spotlight. Anything else is awfully overproduced and plastic.

Pete made a very good point about Warren being full of shit about not taking money from billionaire donors.  She took money from 35 billionaires in her 2018 senate campaign and is using that money in her presidential campaign.  She also has not pledged to refrain from raising money from rich donors during the general if she were to win the nomination.  She's a fucking fraud.  

Pete is...not the most pleasant person to watch or listen to, but his campaign is very disciplined about this kind of stuff.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yes, the old lady that causes billionaires to cry on television about being taxed and has taken 100,000 free photos with average folks in less than a year is a complete fraud.

Yeah, the selfie thing is surely meaningful and something a reasonable person would use to gauge how a candidate would potentially govern.  Meanwhile:

“I think Senator Warren’s views are more pragmatic; I think she is very different in a conversation than when she’s on the stump,” said Robert Wolf, the former UBS executive who hosted Ms. Warren and other Senate Democrats for a fund-raiser on Martha’s Vineyard this summer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/us/politics/bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-democrats-presidential-election.html

Remember when Liz! said she supported M4A, only to walk back her support in favor of a healthcare plan similar to Mayor Pete's and Biden's? lol.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Biden's pitch for working together and doing pragmatism makes vague sense because people like Joe in DC.

Pete? It looked like everyone on the stage hates him.

as biden won the nomination in a landslide, warren, bernie, and castro all held hands and looked at each other and said, "well, at least we went hard after pete" as their supporters exchanged high-fives. 

• Like 1

Liz isn't a fraud. she's just slightly hypocritical in finding something to attack her opponents about. but that's the game and they all play it. except maybe St. Bernie lol.

regardless, she's great,  Pete's great, Yang's great, hell even Joe's great versus the disgusting blob passing for human currently in the WH.

fuck it, let's get it on, i'm ready

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Did anyone ask the senators on stage last night how they plan to get their colleagues on the other side of the aisle to vote for their legislation?

You don't need any of those losers.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Follow up, did anyone ask them how they plan on paying for all this? 

I'm gonna guess taxation!

Great to hear from the centrist white suburbans.

A retort from elsewhere:

The Obama presidency was a disaster for middle-class wealth in the United States. Between 2007 and 2016, the average wealth of the bottom 99 percent dropped by $4,500. Over the same period, the average wealth of the top 1 percent rose by $4.9 million.

This drop hit the housing wealth of African Americans particularly hard. Outside of home equity, black wealth recovered its 2007 level by 2016. But average black home equity was still $16,700 lower.

Much of this decline, we will argue, can be laid at the feet of President Obama. His housing policies led directly to millions of families losing their homes. What’s more, Obama had the power — money, legislative tools, and legal leverage — to sharply ameliorate the foreclosure crisis.

He chose not to use it.

https://jacobinmag.com/2017/12/obama-foreclosure-crisis-wealth-inequality

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1