Jump to content
used2b

2020 Democratic Nominee

Recommended Posts

I wouldn't mind the Democrats taking back both houses by large margins and having Mueller run for PotUS.

First time I would ever vote for a Republican.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mueller would never run because it would appear very unseemly if his investigation takes down Trump. Well, I don't think he'd run but I know he shouldn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Mueller would never run because it would appear very unseemly if his investigation takes down Trump. Well, I don't think he'd run but I know he shouldn't.

That dude just oozes rectitude. No way he runs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

I believe it was one o them currently popular ironical statements.

I was wondering what that whooshing sound was when I read it.  Now I can see it when I look up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Republican Senator or governor changes parties and creates a centrist coalition. Kasich or Sasse would be examples of who I'm thinking about.

Sally Yates isn't ready for prime time. She needs to get into politics at a lower level and learn the ropes then run for president. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

A Republican Senator or governor changes parties and creates a centrist coalition. Kasich or Sasse would be examples of who I'm thinking about.

Sally Yates isn't ready for prime time. She needs to get into politics at a lower level and learn the ropes then run for president. 

How are Kasich or Sasse centrists? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are political people so I figure they'll build a coalition and lead it by what that majority wants. I can't think of a prominent Democratic Senator with similar name recognition who isnt long in the tooth.  Maybe more Dem Governors who might be able to do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

They are political people so I figure they'll build a coalition and lead it by what that majority wants. I can't think of a prominent Democratic Senator with similar name recognition who isnt long in the tooth.  Maybe more Dem Governors who might be able to do this.

I don't know how pro-life Republicans can do that. For me, a centrist Republican is pro-choice.

Edited by David Dennison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is not.  He was denied membership. 

He's still more Hispanic than Ted Cruz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Running. She is. 

Edited by Js1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a great sign that Republicans are all hog-wild about racial purity tests and putting brown kids in concentration camps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Js1 said:

He is not.  He was denied membership. 

He's still more Hispanic than Ted Cruz.

Those pochos were scared Beto would speak to them in Spanish, and they wouldn't be able to answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamala will be just like Obama - all hat and no cattle.  I'd take Bernie, Warren, and even Gillibrand even though she's likely a fraud as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Js1 said:

He is not.  He was denied membership. 

He's still more Hispanic than Ted Cruz.

And probably more Native American than Warren.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a few beverages with some family members who run in some higher-level Dem circles this past week, I shared my take that the Dem nominee in 2020 will be Hillary Rodham Clinton.  Because if there's one thing the Dems have proven skill at, it's shooting themselves in the dick.  They started to argue back pretty strong....but then came around to saying that they certainly couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't happen.

Yep.  Hillary 2020.  "I'm with her.  Again.  Like it will do any fucking good."  Makes for a long bumper sticker, but I see it happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brisket: we have to get rid of Trump

also Brisket: brings up Hillary 2020 

stahp 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the field is shit right now which means a Trump victory. Some unknown needs to rise up in the next 12 months but it's not happening. Get used to Trump through January 2025.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can't remember if i read it here or some other website, but Kasich as a Democrat would be the perfect middleground to overthrow Trump. As Shaq is the Big Diesel, Kasich is the Big Compromise , a perfect 50th percentile to get the liberals and soft conservatives over to the Dems. He'll win Ohio too and probably the other Rust Belt States. Pick VP from Florida and it's a done deal. 

Edited by Orca of Peace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Running. She is. 

The dems aren’t going to put up another white woman to run. Dems should look at Rachel Dolezel if they want a black woman to run.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

After a few beverages with some family members who run in some higher-level Dem circles this past week, I shared my take that the Dem nominee in 2020 will be Hillary Rodham Clinton.  Because if there's one thing the Dems have proven skill at, it's shooting themselves in the dick.  They started to argue back pretty strong....but then came around to saying that they certainly couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't happen.

Yep.  Hillary 2020.  "I'm with her.  Again.  Like it will do any fucking good."  Makes for a long bumper sticker, but I see it happening.

With that ginger Kennedy as her running mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Brisket: we have to get rid of Trump

also Brisket: brings up Hillary 2020 

stahp 

I ain't ENDORSING it -- I'm just telling you I see it coming.  I see the shitstorm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I ain't ENDORSING it -- I'm just telling you I see it coming.  I see the shitstorm.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I ain't ENDORSING it -- I'm just telling you I see it coming.  I see the shitstorm.

That can't happen. It can't or we all may as well vote Trump. GAG! fuck me, now I'm sick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

After a few beverages with some family members who run in some higher-level Dem circles this past week, I shared my take that the Dem nominee in 2020 will be Hillary Rodham Clinton.  Because if there's one thing the Dems have proven skill at, it's shooting themselves in the dick.  They started to argue back pretty strong....but then came around to saying that they certainly couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't happen.

Yep.  Hillary 2020.  "I'm with her.  Again.  Like it will do any fucking good."  Makes for a long bumper sticker, but I see it happening.

Not even the Dems are that dumb. I mean, I know they are, but not this time... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Austin Orange said:

The dems aren’t going to put up another white woman to run. Dems should look at Rachel Dolezel if they want a black woman to run.  

Fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Kamala will be just like Obama - all hat and no cattle.  I'd take Bernie, Warren, and even Gillibrand even though she's likely a fraud as well.  

That all hat and no cattle dude was an outstanding president. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

can't remember if i read it here or some other website, but Kasich as a Democrat would be the perfect middleground to overthrow Trump. As Shaq is the Big Diesel, Kasich is the Big Compromise , a perfect 50th percentile to get the liberals and soft conservatives over to the Dems. He'll win Ohio too and probably the other Rust Belt States. Pick VP from Florida and it's a done deal. 

I would vote for Trump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try to figure out a way to get Landrieu to run and you can put whomever as VP—Harris, Warren, HIckenlooper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Not even the Dems are that dumb. I mean, I know they are, but not this time... 

Anyone sitting around drinking and resigning them to Hillary v3.0 in 2020 should consider AA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anyone sitting around drinking and resigning them to Hillary v3.0 in 2020 should consider AA

Yeah...no WAY they’d be dumb enough to nominate someone who is loathed and could lose to Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:


Yeah...no WAY they’d be dumb enough to nominate someone who is loathed and could lose to Trump.

Honey, the only people who want to redo 2016 in 2020 are Republicans and masochists. 

Let. Her. Go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.newsweek.com/2020-candidates-democrats-bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-fresh-face-kamala-1028991

A majority of Americans, 58 percent, said failed 2016 Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton is bad for the party, with only 22 percent of self-reporting Democrats saying she’s been a positive force. Nearly three-quarters of African-American voters surveyed in the new Rasmussen questionnaire said a “fresh face” is required in the 2020 election in order to defeat the Republican president, with 65 percent of white voters echoing the same belief.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
https://www.newsweek.com/2020-candidates-democrats-bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-fresh-face-kamala-1028991
A majority of Americans, 58 percent, said failed 2016 Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton is bad for the party, with only 22 percent of self-reporting Democrats saying she’s been a positive force. Nearly three-quarters of African-American voters surveyed in the new Rasmussen questionnaire said a “fresh face” is required in the 2020 election in order to defeat the Republican president, with 65 percent of white voters echoing the same belief.
 
 
 

She wasn’t terribly popular among Dems in 2016. It didn’t matter. It’s still her turn.

Death.
Taxes.
Democratic electoral ineptitude.

Certainties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

https://www.newsweek.com/2020-candidates-democrats-bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-fresh-face-kamala-1028991

A majority of Americans, 58 percent, said failed 2016 Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton is bad for the party, with only 22 percent of self-reporting Democrats saying she’s been a positive force. Nearly three-quarters of African-American voters surveyed in the new Rasmussen questionnaire said a “fresh face” is required in the 2020 election in order to defeat the Republican president, with 65 percent of white voters echoing the same belief.

Yeah, she's not running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:


She wasn’t terribly popular among Dems in 2016. It didn’t matter. It’s still her turn.

Death.
Taxes.
Democratic electoral ineptitude.

Certainties.

“Terrible hot takes by Brisket” also a certainty. 

Let it go. You’re becoming obsessed talking about her in 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Try to figure out a way to get Landrieu to run and you can put whomever as VP—Harris, Warren, HIckenlooper

Ask the people of New Orleans what they really think about Landrieu. He took down the statues and made those pretty speeches even as he was, and continues to, destroy African American neighborhoods via allowing Airbnb absentee owners to buy up block after block

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
“Terrible hot takes by Brisket” also a certainty. 
Let it go. You’re becoming obsessed talking about her in 2020. 

Meh. I’ve never been obsessed with her, I ain’t now.

But if you think the Dems are too smart to shoot their dick clean off, you’ve been paying zero attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Ask the people of New Orleans what they really think about Landrieu. He took down the statues and made those pretty speeches even as he was, and continues to, destroy African American neighborhoods via allowing Airbnb absentee owners to buy up block after block

Mitch is not popular in Louisiana.  I’m glad he did the right thing with the statues but other than that I really don’t see the appeal.

He’s not a qualified POTUS candidate, especially when it comes to foreign policy, which will be more important than ever for the next president 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:


Meh. I’ve never been obsessed with her, I ain’t now.

But if you think the Dems are too smart to shoot their dick clean off, you’ve been paying zero attention.

don't be strange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...