Baboontyme

tAll Encompassing Disney Thread

42 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

How can it?  Those places are designed to force people into close proximity all over the place.  Disney is no different.

yeah, I saw the TV ad for Universal and thought, no way in hell can you social distance a line at those places.  The lines would longer that the 7am line to get into Costco.

Are those places requiring a c19 waiver?  or is something like that already baked into the fine print you agree to when purchasing a ticket?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

How can it?  Those places are designed to force people into close proximity all over the place.  Disney is no different.

Yep

Here's What It's Like To Wear a Mask in a Theme Park All Day!

Crowd Level Report for Universal Studios Orlando's Reopening Day ...

Edited by SimonBolivar

Posted (edited)

Those pictures look no different than when I was there in October 2018, just without masks. 

Disneyland may not open in July after all. The employee's union wants the opening pushed back. Disney was trying to reopen on the anniversary of Disneyland's opening day. We'll see how it goes. I just can't see any reason to go to one of the parks right now unless you just really, really have a desire to go and do not care about distancing from others or that others won't be distancing from you. We've already resigned ourselves to not going to either park till 2021. Though we may go to WDW since we haven't been since 2015. 

Edited by mdmost

It sounds like the WDW employees are pushing back, as well, though in smaller numbers. I also have to think the NBA may have a say in things. I would be surprised if WDW opens on 7/11 or whatever the planned date is. This is nuts. 

Ha, I read this morning that Disney is retheming Splash Mountain for Princess and the Frog. Probably a wise move. 

It is. I never understood how you could have a ride based on a banned movie. Princess and the Frog is a nice replacement. I’m partial though. On our Halloween trip a few years back, my daughters got to ride the Riverboat with Tiana and they loved it. One of the best pictures I got from that trip

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

When are they gonna retheme Space Mountain to be Ric Flair

The guitarist, Buckethead, is a huge Disneyland fan.  He wrote a guitar solo to match the Space Mountain ride that he listens to on earbuds when he rides that ride. I'd like them to use that for a bit. He also has asked to play a Halloween concert at DLR.  A former nine inch nails member's dad is the DLR music director so he was pitching him the idea a few years back.

Edited by CooterBrown

4 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Ha, I read this morning that Disney is retheming Splash Mountain for Princess and the Frog. Probably a wise move. 

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Bad mouse! Bad mouse!