Jump to content
surlybevo

Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, etc.)

Recommended Posts

On 5/8/2020 at 8:31 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

~3 days to the halving block. 10k looks to be a ceiling at the moment but something tells me it breaks through closer to 11 over the weekend. But I could just as easily see it drop to 9 some point next week. 

My prediction of 11 came nowhere close unless something crazy happens in the next 3 hours. I did throw some excess funds at btc at 8400 over the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If someone is interested in earning bitcoin just by shopping, this site gives you a reward of some purchase in bitcoin. some percentages as high as 9%

https://lolli.com/ref/H4uZBJwUan

I get a small reward if you use that link, or just go to lolli.com.  list of stores with a reward: https://www.lolli.com/stores

If I click on that link I will get internet coronavirus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 12:52 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If someone is interested in earning bitcoin just by shopping, this site gives you a reward of some purchase in bitcoin. some percentages as high as 9%

https://lolli.com/ref/H4uZBJwUan

I get a small reward if you use that link, or just go to lolli.com.  list of stores with a reward: https://www.lolli.com/stores

Lolli is legit. I’ve used it for about 6 months. Got like $100 in BTC for a Saks wife purchase.  
 

Also have been using this app Fold for the same purpose. Smaller rewards percentage wise, but they’re immediate when you buy gift cards to merchants. https://foldapp.com

 

The rewards I’ve been getting I kick over to BlockFi where I hold a small amount of my BTC in an interest bearing account. 6%APY, paid in BTC. That’s how I’m passively earning extra crypto. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Lolli is legit. I’ve used it for about 6 months. Got like $100 in BTC for a Saks wife purchase.  
 

Also have been using this app Fold for the same purpose. Smaller rewards percentage wise, but they’re immediate when you buy gift cards to merchants. https://foldapp.com

 

The rewards I’ve been getting I kick over to BlockFi where I hold a small amount of my BTC in an interest bearing account. 6%APY, paid in BTC. That’s how I’m passively earning extra crypto. 

Sounds like you're being cautious with blockfi which is good. I wonder how these BTC or ETH interest sites really work. There is a lot of risk since they're all unregulated. They could be a ponzi scheme or subject to hacking. Very dangerous to give someone your keys or transfer BTC to them trusting them to return it later. 

It's tempting to do something with idle crypto but I don't trust to give them to anyone. I'm looking forward to ETH staking as that is a method to earn interest without giving up control. Usually the one downside is that the coins are locked up for a period of time. However if you're a long term holder, it doesn't matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sounds like you're being cautious with blockfi which is good. I wonder how these BTC or ETH interest sites really work. There is a lot of risk since they're all unregulated. They could be a ponzi scheme or subject to hacking. Very dangerous to give someone your keys or transfer BTC to them trusting them to return it later. 

It's tempting to do something with idle crypto but I don't trust to give them to anyone. I'm looking forward to ETH staking as that is a method to earn interest without giving up control. Usually the one downside is that the coins are locked up for a period of time. However if you're a long term holder, it doesn't matter.

Lulz, I would love to see the business model that allows them to pay 6% interest in today's markets. I have to assume that its tied to the premise that Bitcoin will always go up forever, so what could go wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sounds like you're being cautious with blockfi which is good. I wonder how these BTC or ETH interest sites really work. There is a lot of risk since they're all unregulated. They could be a ponzi scheme or subject to hacking. Very dangerous to give someone your keys or transfer BTC to them trusting them to return it later. 

It's tempting to do something with idle crypto but I don't trust to give them to anyone. I'm looking forward to ETH staking as that is a method to earn interest without giving up control. Usually the one downside is that the coins are locked up for a period of time. However if you're a long term holder, it doesn't matter.

I was concerned about the counter party risk as well. I initially put a micro amount in last year just to follow how it functioned. No hiccups at all. Then the big market crash happened. Everything still ran smoothly with their business. I decided then that their business model and risk management strategies were robust enough to allocate a significant percentage to it. Currently 25% of my holdings are there.
 

Their custody is through Gemini, which is the Winklevii operation and they have VC backing from some of the more serious people in the space. They’re the leaders in this kind of business. 
 

As far as who they lend to and the counter party risk involved this podcast with the executives in charge also really helped answer some questions I had. Basically they lend to market makers and institutional investors.  
 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-what-bitcoin-did-podcast/id1317356120?i=1000471768737
 

34 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Lulz, I would love to see the business model that allows them to pay 6% interest in today's markets. I have to assume that its tied to the premise that Bitcoin will always go up forever, so what could go wrong. 

You can listen to the podcast if you like. I assume the higher interest is due to the risk premium. Yes there is more risk, but I think as the business model and space are deemed more sound the interest rate will drop over time. 

Here’s my ref link Blotto  😉 

https://blockfi.com/?ref=04f9a112

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is interesting because such a large number of people instinctively go against POTUS on everything. Could he help drive other nation states to embrace Bitcoin ?

Edited by GRHorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2020 at 12:44 PM, GRHorn said:
... Could he help drive other nation states to embrace Bitcoin ?

I don't think so.  Nations seemed to reach some consensus at the last Davos meeting on Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC) and are tasking their respective central banks to develop their own CBDCs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bernorange said:

I don't think so.  Nations seemed to reach some consensus at the last Davos meeting on Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC) and are tasking their respective central banks to develop their own CBDCs.

Yeah, its not clear to my why any central bank would embrace a currency they have no control over and limited ability to enforce taxation on. Bitcoin remains purely a vehicle for speculation and paying for shit that you would prefer some degree of anonymity. Blockchain and related technologies may have value to central banks, but bitcoin not so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were a baby boomer I would be cashing out of stocks now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XYZ said:

If I were a baby boomer I would be cashing out of stocks now.

Wow I assumed you were boomer. How many Gen X or millennials are so any Bitcoin that they continuously troll crypto discussions like this? Smh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coins doing well. ETH at year high.  bitcoin basically at 6 month high. Other coins doing similarly. My 2-3 year slow accumulation strategy has my “portfolio” at an all time high. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Coins doing well. ETH at year high.  bitcoin basically at 6 month high. Other coins doing similarly. My 2-3 year slow accumulation strategy has my “portfolio” at an all time high. 

Your accumulation strategery is my too lazy to sell and turn off auto buy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Huge day. Over 11k now. 

Crazy. Last year there seemed to be a consistent pattern of pushing upwards to 12 only to fall back to 10. I recall some people online discussing how they traded hoping that would continue.

there always seems that some whale who comes along to sell $200m of btc to reset the rallies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I’m posting this for any other degenerates out there that have some gambling money to throw around. The buzz around ETH that is behind it pumping is DeFi. DecentraizedFinance. I’m not gonna claim to know much about it or care honestly. I just think it’s the beginning of a bunch of these shitcoins involved with defi pumping. I made a little in ICOs but I definitely would have made more without getting burnt at the end. I think we are in similar time to early 2017 ICO times. Here’s how you can buy some if you want. Like I said just gambling money. 
 

1- Buy ETH in Coinbase. Store on Coinbase Wallet app. It’s in App Store. 
2- launch uniswap app https://uniswap.org/

It’s the app where most of these shitcoins are listed. A lot of them are so small they’re not on exchanges yet. 
3- link Coinbase wallet to uniswap. 
4- swap Eth into various shitcoins

Some won’t be found on there yet. Follow these steps to get them on uniswap and make it happen. 

5-????

6-Profit???

Good luck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What going on?

I was going to ask you. It’s been a consistent, steady climb without the selloffs you’d expect. ETH has been more impressive but it’s nice to see both of these guys moving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...