Cord Cutters Thread

So your only option is shitty FUBO?  Fantastic. 
I get MLB.tv free through T Mobile and use a VPN router to get around the blackout. Though be warned, they cracked down on the VPNs the last month of last season and it didn't work. Express VPN actually has a page on their website now talking about MLB, so who knows.

If your PC screen resolution is at 1080p and you watch a 4k video on Youtube, are you really seeing 4k or is it maxed at the screen resolution you've set?

Asking because my HTPC is set to 1080p on a 4k TV.  Do I need to invest in a more robust video card?

Or, build a Plex server and let the TV deal with the resolution?

• 2 weeks later...

WTF?! I'm a new Hulu Live TV here cutting out Spectrum (had cable since 1973!). I went to watch Horns baseball tonight on ESPN+ but got ...

Playback Could Not Be Started

This content is not available for your package or region.

I thought LHN broadcasts were part of ESPN+. No?

2 minutes ago, Fuga said:

WTF?! I'm a new Hulu Live TV here cutting out Spectrum (had cable since 1973!). I went to watch Horns baseball tonight on ESPN+ but got ...

Playback Could Not Be Started

This content is not available for your package or region.

I thought LHN broadcasts were part of ESPN+. No?

dude red cup man.gif

• Haha 1

Well fuck me. Thankfully, it really won't matter.

Anyone have a clue how we will fare next year in the SEC? I know HULU has the SEC network. Gotta have football, men & women basketball, and volleyball.

So now all of a sudden YTTV has started thinking my current playback area is in Albuquerque instead of Phoenix and it’s fucking with my local channel access. ie, sports.

When I go into settings to update my current playback area, it updates as NM, when I’m clearly sitting at my house in AZ. Home area still showing Phoenix.

Recently switched to Verizon 5G home WiFi system and has been working great. And www.where-am-i.net gets it right.

Of course when you try to send a feedback message to Google I just get the spinning wheel of color and a can’t send feedback message over and over.

Any ideas?

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

So now all of a sudden YTTV has started thinking my current playback area is in Albuquerque instead of Phoenix and it’s fucking with my local channel access. ie, sports.

When I go into settings to update my current playback area, it updates as NM, when I’m clearly sitting at my house in AZ. Home area still showing Phoenix.

Recently switched to Verizon 5G home WiFi system and has been working great. And www.where-am-i.net gets it right.

Of course when you try to send a feedback message to Google I just get the spinning wheel of color and a can’t send feedback message over and over.

Any ideas?

This is what people say works to correct (last part of post) from Reddit:

It looks like I found the fix for whacky IP related mis-geolocations.

​

I opened my YT TV app on my fone, went to locations and to set home location. I then went into YT TV settings on my TV, then to location. I clicked into the current playback location (wrong location). With the fone app open and TV app open a message popped up saying "waiting for device to connect". Finally the YT TV app used my fone's GPS and sync'd the TV app to the actual fone location.

I tried different variations of this process with no luck. Having my fone YT TV app open and in location settings, while doing the same on my TV YT TV app the connecting device message came up. I just went thru this process with the four TVs in my home and they all sync'd up to the correct location.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

As a recent cord cutter I am wondering how to watch the spring game. I'm on HULU Live and know all too well it doesn't have LHN. I have wished I could see Horns baseball and softball but I have lived.

I have looked at the free trials for Fubo, UTTV, and Directv but see no LHN. Have I missed it?

20 hours ago, Fuga said:

As a recent cord cutter I am wondering how to watch the spring game. I'm on HULU Live and know all too well it doesn't have LHN. I have wished I could see Horns baseball and softball but I have lived.

I have looked at the free trials for Fubo, UTTV, and Directv but see no LHN. Have I missed it?

Look at sling’s orange package. I think they do a prepaid option for 3-4 mo at a time. Saves a bit, and gets you to the end of the network. 

• Hook 'Em 1