The Walking Dead - Season 8

Ldogg53

12 minutes ago, F250 said:

It's going to be a challenge keeping the story going without Rick and Carl. Seems kind of a big gamble to have an unknown child actor take up the mantle left by Carl and Rick.

Also, having 3 Rick movies where he's not desperately trying to get back to Michonne and Judith, let alone Alexandria, doesn't make any sense.  I bet them pull some amnesia bull shit or something. 

27 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Also, having 3 Rick movies where he's not desperately trying to get back to Michonne and Judith, let alone Alexandria, doesn't make any sense.  I bet them pull some amnesia bull shit or something. 

Yeah, Rick's drive has always been his family. Hell, the entire episode last night was about him getting to his family. Now we are going to have spin off movies with solo Rick. I can't imagine what his motivation will be other than "I will do this to get back to my family" and his adventures take years to complete. I guess they could go with the amnesia route and he puts together clues to remember his history but that would suck pretty bad.

14 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Right, how could anyone possibly fill those big shoes?

By giving a little girl half pigtail half straight hair, Rick's colt python, Carl's hat, and Michonne's sword, then making her introduce herself like James Bond.  I'm Judith, Judith Grimes.

In other news, for those who may have read the comics, the credits appear to be finally touching back to that narrative. 

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

Right, how could anyone possibly fill those big shoes?

clownshoes.gif

I was lazing around Sunday with nothing to watch. I saw TWD on the guide and thought, what the hell? It's the last episode, I think, so let's see.

I flipped to the channel and caught the last few minutes of the previous episode. They set up the cliff hanger where Rick is thrown from his horse as walkers close in. Powerful stuff.

I think I flipped over to a cooking show or an NFL game I don't care about and never went back to watch even a second of the new episode. 

Lame plotting.

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

Older Judith and no Rick were the only things fresh about it.  Everyone still running off doing unnecessary things to get themselves into trouble - the only plot device they seem to have. 

Always chuckle when people say this. They have been living in a world where "walkers" roam free for almost a decade now... 

We live in a normal world and people run off and do unnecessary  things to get themselves killed all the time. 

People are stupid. Walkers don't change that fact. Especially when it is the new normal.  In fact i would expect it to be more chaos and stupidity than what they show. 

4 hours ago, joeycovers said:

I know i'm in the minority but i actually enjoyed that episode a lot. Felt like a fresh reboot that was badly needed. 

It feels like lazy writing, to skip ahead into the future because you don't want to clean up the mess you made.

And none of the rump savior band noticed Carol was dousing them with gasoline?

18 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

And none of the rump savior band noticed Carol was dousing them with gasoline?

Not only is Carol a ninja, she also has the superpower of keeping people from smelling things.  Really neat trick if you ever need to douse 10 people in gasoline in the dead of night.

• Like 1

Ethanol. They were doused in ethanol. But whatever, same point still stands.

We went from teenage Coral running around getting into trouble to a new teenager running around getting into trouble.

What the fuck with the helicopters. Were they some sort of metaphor for dying? Or is Rick still alive, somewhere, and not at all trying to get back to his family? Somebody explain what is happening.

43 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

We went from teenage Coral running around getting into trouble to a new teenager running around getting into trouble.

What the fuck with the helicopters. Were they some sort of metaphor for dying? Or is Rick still alive, somewhere, and not at all trying to get back to his family? Somebody explain what is happening.

He's totally alive. They are going to do 3 made for TV movies with him and his new story (per Scott Gimple and AMC). 

5 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I suppose 6 years is enough to learn the lost art of fermentation.  Still seems like an inefficient use of moonshine.

What's going to be annoying (more so than the normal stuff) is that they're going to probably have a bunch of flashbacks for God knows how long.  They've got about 10 plots to hash out - Darryl by himself, the "X" marks, why dumbass Maggie took off, etc... They'll also prob need to show/explain the back stories of the new arrivals as well.  Like Lost, I watch because I feel obligated, but geez.  

6 years later and there seems to be for packs of walkers now than before, when do they run out of humans to feed on?

320 million people in the US. Plenty to have to kill. But why no kids ever?

Also, in one of the episodes a few years ago they killed a pack simply by setting the lake in Alexandria on fire. Why the fuck wouldn’t you just set up a big ass bonfire somewhere that you keep going and let them all walk right into their own demise?

On 11/20/2018 at 5:18 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Like Lost, I watch because I feel obligated, but geez.  

You can get out, I did a couple years ago! Still check this thread 1-2 times per season to confirm my decision. Carl dying a virgin is the only thing this show got right.

4 hours ago, joeycovers said:

All the saviors are dead or flipped (i know i know).

Something tells me Negan is going to play a key part in bashing in Whisperers Heads before its all said and done. Makes no sense why he would have been kept alive that long only to go back to what he was doing again. 

IF Gimple was still in charge we'd get some variant of the honor among thieves where the Whisperers just randomly meet Negan and trust him. 

On 11/20/2018 at 4:18 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Like Lost, I watch because I feel obligated, but geez.  

I mean, sure, Lost went off the rails towards the end.  But this show has had more terrible seasons than the total amount of seasons Lost was on air.  And there was never a point in The Walking Dead where it even remotely approached the greatness of Lost seasons 1 through 3.  

Just quit....you'll feel better.  Then once a month or so you can check this thread and laugh at how ridiculous the show still appears to still be.

11 hours ago, Tom said:

I mean, sure, Lost went off the rails towards the end.  But this show has had more terrible seasons than the total amount of seasons Lost was on air.  And there was never a point in The Walking Dead where it even remotely approached the greatness of Lost seasons 1 through 3.  

Just quit....you'll feel better.  Then once a month or so you can check this thread and laugh at how ridiculous the show still appears to still be.

TWD was great; at copying the structure of Lost.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:00 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

I guess, as a teacher, I've got plenty of time each week to have a show on while grading.  I'm not entirely paying attention.  Though, I have to ask...  what in the hell are the Whisperers suppised to be?  Humans posing as zombies?  I couldn't see the final scene very well.

Yeah the Whisperers are humans who have basically cut the head/skin off a walker and were wearing it like a mask, not sure how that covers the 'live human' smell that was a problem earlier on but lets not look too closely for logic here, I did laugh when the Z ducked under Jesus' sword and stabbed him in the back, again so many times it just makes me wonder how any of them survived in the first place.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I saw the new episodes on my DVR. I started watching the first one, and the stupid started burning less than 5 minutes in.

----A 5(?) yr old girl walking around with her dad's hand cannon. Unattended. In the middle of a zombie apocalypse. With the world's most heinous psychopath ever locked up in a basement.

The most heinous psychopath ever walking around with a shovel? How did he escape? Did I miss something?

Why did he sneak into the house?

(Shitty lazy writing to build some sort of fake suspense is my answer.)

Finally, as I said before, it would have been a whole lot cooler if the fake dress up zombies had actually been real zombies that were evolving.

Also, who are they looking for again? Rick?

Lastly, why the fuck do I care?