Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

I was at Spec's on BI last Thursday, so less than a week ago. I turn in/out of the lanes between Schlotzsky's & the back of Razzoo's. This is the very first I've seen or heard of this... 

I know this is tough to believe, but the Bryant Irvin Road neighborhood of southwest Fort Worth was underburgered.

No longer. Uncle Daddy’s B&B is open behind Razzoo’s in Cityview Centre, bringing a homestyle burger grill and bar by local pitmaster and chief grill cook Rodney Lambert.

For now, the “B&B” stands for burgers and brews. It was supposed to include barbecue, but Uncle Daddy’s is starting with the simplest “B.”

The burgers are thick, hand-packed and served with house-smoked bacon or brisket chili.

Uncle Daddy’s matches Kincaid’s for the best burger south of Interstate 20, unless you go to Nicky D’s in Crowley.

That brisket chili is also at the heart of Uncle Daddy’s true standout: the Frito pie ($4.99).

It’s topped with shredded cheese, jalapenos and plenty of brisket chili. This might be the best chili south of Dutch’s or Rodeo Goat.

Uncle Daddy’s also serves Nathan’s hot dogs. (I see a July 4 hot dog with chili ahead.)

There’s also a fried chicken sandwich, a hot chicken sandwich with pork belly and a hot link, and a chicken-fried steak sandwich.

Uncle Daddy’s serves lunch and dinner weekdays and Saturdays. It’s next to a Schlotzsky’s/Cinnabon at 4608 Bryant Irvin Road; facebook.com/UncleDaddys.

29og4qw.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:23 PM, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Next week the rail crossing on 7th street by Tom Thumb will be under repair June 25-27.  The road will be shut down at that point.  Not sure if it will be all day on the 25th and 27th but should be blocked all day the 26th.  

Going to be a cluster fuck during rush hour.  

Thanks for the heads-up!

Went by Los Alberto's in Hurst. Pretty good. Outside seating only. They don't skimp on the meat.

3 Al Pastor 2 Asada Grilled Japs and a bottle water for $13.5505ef6bb0129b24f0eba30b9e195933ae.jpgaff71e931434300686d9e6177201c8d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I have seen quite a few people there when im over by the mall and always say i need to stop sometime... Next time im over there for lunch im stopping
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

I am about 99% sure Tim Love has his employees parking in jogging trail park parking lot across the street from his new Italian place.

someone on Nextdoor said the same thing. reminds of when taco heads employees made fake hang tags to park in the neighborhood.

I still haven't found my way to derek alans. most place with prime are $20/lb. I just care if its good. That being said, for fathers day I bought some wagyu ribeyes from central market, I really didn't notice any difference from a normal prime ribeye. The wagyu probably wasnt prime. 

4 minutes ago, dmtx said:

I still haven't found my way to derek alans. most place with prime are $20/lb. I just care if its good. That being said, for fathers day I bought some wagyu ribeyes from central market, I really didn't notice any difference from a normal prime ribeye. The wagyu probably wasnt prime. 

it wasnt good.  tasted like it was made in a crock pot.  no smoke flavor at all.  potato salad appeared to be store bought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmtx said:

That being said, for fathers day I bought some wagyu ribeyes from central market, I really didn't notice any difference from a normal prime ribeye. The wagyu probably wasnt prime. 

IMO, the best ribeyes at Central Market are the "natural grass-fed" which I think are graded choice.  They are about an inch thick and perfect for reverse sear.  Last time I made one for my father in law he ate the whole thing... including every bit of fat.  Will post some pics from my phone...

8 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

IMO, the best ribeyes at Central Market are the "natural grass-fed" which I think are graded choice.  They are about an inch thick and perfect for reverse sear.  Last time I made one for my father in law he ate the whole thing... including every bit of fat.  Will post some pics from my phone...

One of the guys behind the counter scared me off the "natural grass-f'ed". He told me they weren't that good, and to just spring for the regular prime. That said, they had those on sale yesterday when I went in. 

Curtis and Homer are the two butchers I trust most at CM. Curtis has been pimping the NY strips and prime ribeyes lately.  They've been really good these past couple of weeks. 

Tried M&O Burgers this week at lunch. Really good burgers, but like every burger place, they're >$10 for a plain burger.  Best burger I've had in awhile though. Up there with Kincaid's, Dutch's, and Tommy's.

• Like 1

One of the guys behind the counter scared me off the "natural grass-f'ed". He told me they weren't that good, and to just spring for the regular prime. That said, they had those on sale yesterday when I went in. 
Curtis and Homer are the two butchers I trust most at CM. Curtis has been pimping the NY strips and prime ribeyes lately.  They've been really good these past couple of weeks. 
Tried M&O Burgers this week at lunch. Really good burgers, but like every burger place, they're >$10 for a plain burger.  Best burger I've had in awhile though. Up there with Kincaid's, Dutch's, and Tommy's.
Curtis and Homer are great. Grain finished prime over grass finished all day for me. Taste and tenderness.

I run cattle in Kaufman and Henderson counties. My steers for processing are all grass "fed" but finished on a grain ration.

You guys that want to buy local beef go by Burgundy Pasture Beef's store on West 7th. Across from Saint Emilion. They're out of Grandview but have a local retail store. Good burgers also.

M&O is a favorite of mine when I think about it.

2 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

Curtis and Homer are great. Grain finished prime over grass finished all day for me. Taste and tenderness.

I run cattle in Kaufman and Henderson counties. My steers for processing are all grass "fed" but finished on a grain ration.

You guys that want to buy local beef go by Burgundy Pasture Beef's store on West 7th. Across from Saint Emilion. They're out of Grandview but have a local retail store. Good burgers also.

Cut of your jib and whatnot. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

It's in a tough location to get in and out of at lunch, at least for me.  Traffic and construction on west 7th are a beating during the middle of the day. That's kept me from trying it until yesterday. I enjoyed it though, will hit it up again.

Swiss Pastry Shop is another good burger joint for lunch. A little easier for me to get to. 

• Like 1

Forest Hill cop canned for not finding the girl that was kidnapped last month. 

The Forest Hill police officer who didn’t find a missing 8-year-old Fort Worth girl when he searched the hotel room where she was hidden has been fired, officials said. 

Sgt. Richardson Wolfe had gone to the kidnapping suspect’s hotel room at WoodSprings Suites two and a half hours before the girl was rescued on May 19. 

Chief Dan Dennis confirmed Wolfe has been released from the department. The chief plans to release more information later, he told the Star-Telegram.

Wolfe has the right to appeal his termination under civil service rules.

A front desk clerk at the motel told officers that someone had called the front desk and reported they thought they’d seen the man Fort Worth police were looking for in connection with the missing girl.

Officers knocked on the door but got no immediate answer. After numerous other attempts, they finally made contact with suspect Michael Webb through the door, police said in May.

“Michael Webb was less than cooperative, but after several minutes, the officers were permitted to step into the room and look,” police said in a news release. “Upon entry into the room, the officers made visual inspection of the areas of the room that appeared to be large enough to conceal the missing child.

“They did not locate any other occupants inside the room. With no one located and no other information available, the officers cleared the scene.”

At about 2 a.m., Forest Hill officers returned to the scene after receiving another tip. Fort Worth officers arrived about six minutes later and took over the investigation.

“The child was located with Michael Webb a short time later,” police said.

Wolfe had been with the Forest Hill Police Department since 2012.

Webb has been indicted by a federal grand jury on a charge of kidnapping.

Forest Hill cop canned for not finding the girl that was kidnapped last month. 
The Forest Hill police officer who didn’t find a missing 8-year-old Fort Worth girl when he searched the hotel room where she was hidden has been fired, officials said. 
Sgt. Richardson Wolfe had gone to the kidnapping suspect’s hotel room at WoodSprings Suites two and a half hours before the girl was rescued on May 19. 
Chief Dan Dennis confirmed Wolfe has been released from the department. The chief plans to release more information later, he told the Star-Telegram.
Wolfe has the right to appeal his termination under civil service rules.
A front desk clerk at the motel told officers that someone had called the front desk and reported they thought they’d seen the man Fort Worth police were looking for in connection with the missing girl.
Officers knocked on the door but got no immediate answer. After numerous other attempts, they finally made contact with suspect Michael Webb through the door, police said in May.
“Michael Webb was less than cooperative, but after several minutes, the officers were permitted to step into the room and look,” police said in a news release. “Upon entry into the room, the officers made visual inspection of the areas of the room that appeared to be large enough to conceal the missing child.
“They did not locate any other occupants inside the room. With no one located and no other information available, the officers cleared the scene.”
At about 2 a.m., Forest Hill officers returned to the scene after receiving another tip. Fort Worth officers arrived about six minutes later and took over the investigation.
“The child was located with Michael Webb a short time later,” police said.
Wolfe had been with the Forest Hill Police Department since 2012.
Webb has been indicted by a federal grand jury on a charge of kidnapping.

Seriously, did they not look under the bed?

And this is the high-class joint we used to rent a room from way back in the day when we needed a place to do illegal shit. 

Salomon Marquez Sandoval, a 19-year-old from Fort Worth, was alone when he checked into the Golden Gate Motel on Camp Bowie West Boulevard last Thursday, according to the motel’s owners.

By Tuesday night, a woman was found dead inside his room and Sandoval was arrested on a murder charge.

Jail records identified the suspect as Sandoval, who has no criminal history in Tarrant County.

Paul Bhakda, who owns the motel with his wife, confirmed Sandoval had checked into the hotel last Thursday, but noted he was staying alone. There were no signs anyone else had been joining him, he said.

Orbelina Marquez, Sandoval’s mother, said she last saw her son Tuesday night. He had stopped off at the family’s apartment in west Fort Worth.

However, speaking in Spanish in an interview with the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, she said she doesn’t know how her son came to be the suspect in a murder case.

The name of the victim has not been released. Police haven’t announced a motive for the homicide.

Two Fort Worth police cars remained outside of the motel around 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, roughly 15 hours after the crime was reported.

They were positioned outside of room 128, where police said the body was found and Bhakda said Sandoval had been staying.

WHAT HAPPENED

Patrol officers responded to a call about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday that a woman had been shot in a room at the Golden Gate Motel, 7516 Camp Bowie West Blvd.

Bhakda said he and his wife were at the motel Tuesday night, but didn’t hear any noise, such as a gunshot. They checked motel phone records and determined the 911 call hadn’t come from any of the rooms.

The officers, upon arriving at the scene, encountered a male suspect attempting to flee in the reported suspect vehicle, police said. Police detained him.

When officers entered the motel room, they found a dead person on the floor. Police initially reported the victim had been found covered in plastic in a bathtub, but clarified on Wednesday “this information was inaccurate.”

Sandoval had a knife and handcuffs on him, police said.

He was booked into the Fort Worth Jail just before 2:30 a.m. on a charge of murder. Along with the murder charge, he was also in jail Wednesday morning without bond on traffic violations.

Bhakda said he and his wife didn’t hear about the incident until between 8 and 9 p.m. Tuesday when police officers came into their front office. The officers asked for information about the suspect including his name and driver’s license on file, Bhakda said, and he and his wife provided it.

Bhakda said on Wednesday there had been a police presence at the motel since Tuesday night. But officers, he said, hadn’t shared information about the crime.

“We asked the cops what happened and they never said anything,” Bhakda said.

‘I’VE BEEN TRYING TO CALL HIM ALL MORNING’

Inside of Sandoval’s family apartment on Las Vegas Trail on Wednesday, his mother, Marquez, was trying to make sense of what happened the previous night.

She had seen him Tuesday night when he stopped at the residence, and she had known he was temporarily staying at the Fort Worth motel. But she didn’t know what led to the death of a woman and her son’s arrest.

She said she had been unable to get in contact with Sandoval on Wednesday.

“I’ve been trying to call him all morning,” Marquez said in Spanish. “I finally learned he was arrested and I don’t know what happened.”

Two patrol cars were outside of the apartment complex on Wednesday afternoon.

Did not know this, the Dive reopened as a burger joint. Good for Robbie. 

If someone invites you to a Dive, say yes.

The new Dive Burger Bar in west Fort Worth can hook customers three ways: with chargrilled, brisket-blend burgers, addictive fries and rings and frozen Beam-and-Cokes or vodka screwdrivers.

When the temperature is about to hit 100, there’s a cool hideaway inside the Dive’s beach-shack setting on Alta Mere Drive near the Benbrook Traffic Circle.

If you love the brisket-chuck-short-rib burgers at that new hole-in-the-wall on the lake, the Dive’s are just as good. (Only there’s no lake.)

Lately an oyster bar — but built 50 years ago as a KFC — the Dive has a few cozy tables, a bar and a patio.

The burgers have an edge over most in Fort Worth: The grill gives them more of a cookout flavor.

With a potato bun, red onion and either sweet-potato fries or black-and-tan-beer-battered onion rings, the Dive’s burgers ($8.99 with fries) rise above others nearby.

There’s also a bacon-cheddar burger with barbecue sauce, a mushroom burger and other versions.

The menu also offers a surprising salmon burger ($10.99) made from loosely packed fresh salmon, or a chicken sandwich. 

For dessert, the Dive held over the previous oyster bar’s giant Key lime pie ($7.99), or try pecan pie or a brownie.

The full bar with cocktails, wines and drafts gives the Dive another edge over most burger grills.

The Dive is open for lunch and dinner Tuesdays through Saturdays, and will add Sunday hours by fall; 3520 Alta Mere Drive (south of Camp Bowie Boulevard West), 817-560-3483, facebook.com/thediveburgerbar.

Edited by spystud13

5 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

Wait. So two hotels on west camp Bowie has two murders in the same week? Hey Betsy. Fix this shit. Jesus Christ. 

Can't even imagine what Golden Gate and Drummers Inn are like after dark. Drive around during the day and there is all kind of nonsense and trash walking up and down the streets. My favorites are the broke down tweaking strippers trudging to/from the no tell motels and the low end strip clubs that dot the neighborhood. 

Edited by TornACL