Game 16: Texas vs Texas Tech, 1 PM, LHN

Machinator

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Didn't watch a second.  See my fav player - DO - was 1-5 from the floor.  Did his shooting percentage for the year go up after that?  Just looked it up.  With this game, he's shooting below 40%.  Can someone please, PLEASE tell me how a 6'9" forward can possibly shoot less than 40% from the field?  There's no way this is possible.

because he fucking sucks??

he is a complete waste of a scholarship and people like @texasstrong12 and @Cameltoe should admit that they were dead fucking wrong about him being anything other than a terrible basketball player last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Regardless of wins and losses this year, this is why i think Shaka is gone after this year. He just doesn't generate excitement with his style of play. That and you don't ask donors to give to a multi-million dollar basketball arena and give them this. He would have to go deep into March Madness, probably final 8, to survive. 

Move Shaka to some bullshit role in athletic department where he can help less privileged kids find a way to go to college..... or negotiate a reduced buyout if Shaka's wants to save face by coaching somewhere else....

CDC has to move on from this bullshit basketball coach. 🤘

Edited by LTtxfan

24 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

he is a complete waste of a scholarship and people like @texasstrong12 and @Cameltoe should admit that they were dead fucking wrong about him being anything other than a terrible basketball player last year.

The year he sat out Shaka let him play in the orange-white scrimmage and DO was like 8/8 from the field with 10 boards or something like that and everyone went ape shit including myself of his “potential”. He actually started off last year decent and went off a cliff and has been bad ever since. Not sure how anyone can’t admit he sucks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Regardless of wins and losses this year, this is why i think Shaka is gone after this year. He just doesn't generate excitement with his style of play. That and you don't ask donors to give to a multi-million dollar basketball arena and give them this. He would have to go deep into March Madness, probably final 8, to survive. 

This is a tremendous mistake, thinking this way. The only thing the guy has going for him is one fluky deep March Madness run. You want to give him more rope if he manages another? 

The guy is in over his head and isn't smart enough to know it. NEXT

25 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

This is a tremendous mistake, thinking this way. The only thing the guy has going for him is one fluky deep March Madness run. You want to give him more rope if he manages another? 

The guy is in over his head and isn't smart enough to know it. NEXT

agreed.  we fucked up hiring patterson and he fucked up hiring strong and smart.  then we fucked up even further by giving Smart an extension.  

quit throwing good money after bad and get this dumbass fraud gone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 40 Acorns said:

I went to the game. The Tech crowd was significantly louder than the home crowd with the exception of a few moments. Can confirm CDC and Fenves were in the house to witness/hear first hand.

Same. Also had the trashiest fan experience ever sitting in front of some Tech fans. They started the game talking about how Texas fans were the whiniest and most delusional fan base in the country followed by them constantly whining about the refs and claiming they were paid off. Loudmouth was still better than the Tech fan who would yell “I hope you tear your ACL!” whenever Texas had the ball. 

4 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Pretty sure we aren’t asking donors for anything in terms of funding for the arena since it’s essentially free. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadowbanned said:

Same. Also had the trashiest fan experience ever sitting in front of some Tech fans. They started the game talking about how Texas fans were the whiniest and most delusional fan base in the country followed by them constantly whining about the refs and claiming they were paid off. Loudmouth was still better than the Tech fan who would yell “I hope you tear your ACL!” whenever Texas had the ball. 

Aggy drenched post

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

this is what will force CDC's hand. A saturday matinee home game vs an in-state, in-conference, top 10 ranked, old SWC rival, and not only do we not come close to getting a sellout, but their fans are actually louder than ours. it is over. the shaka smart era is over. we cannot abide by this.

6 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

it's really disappointing to find out that ts12 and greggym were shaka fans and not actual UT basketball supporters. No matter how I feel about Rick Barnes I never stopped posting or publicly supporting the team, and as you'll recall i was catching a fair amount of shit from people, but i never stopped supporting. it wouldn't even be a big deal if they hadn't been such giant asses to everyone who disagreed with them, but to be such a huge ass and then to go cower in a hole when proven wrong...it makes me question if you even support them at all.

4 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I just can’t see them shitcanning Smart if he makes the tournament. How many other Texas coaches have been fired following a tournament appearance? Zero, correct?  And for that honor to go to the program’s first African-American head coach...

you have got to be a troll. is our team well coached? do they even approach being well coached? have they had the same exact issues year after year after year? do we have the worst coach in the conference? does our program consistently do less with more?

we aren't going to malén the tourney, but even if we did somehow manage to go 8-10 in conference and squeak in under a weak bubble, would that change *anything* about the above questions? HELL no. He has got to go. And do not bring his race into this again, jesus, wtf is that about?

Edited by Goo Punch

I think it’s unlikely that he will be able to develop the program to a point where it achieves the kind of consistent success we saw under Barnes. He appears to be a good recruiter and we have had good defenses under him, but half court offense eludes him, to say the least.

My remarks are limited to what I think actually would happen if he were to make the tournament. Let’s also not forget that a $12-13M buyout is hardly insignificant in a sport that generates a yearly profit that is less than said buyout. 

9 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

also, around the time shaggy was ending these two were giving me all sorts of shit for saying that jericho sims lacked skill. to be so combative and belligerent, only to disappear when the going gets tough...that's low character. although to be honest i have enjoyed their absence, so it isn't the worst thing in the world. 

Edited by Goo Punch

11 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

what does the outcome of the game have to do with the way the fans around him acted?

I don't know if you forgot or what, but it was a common aggy tactic to concoct wood stories about opposing fans pushing their grandmothers down the stairs every time they lost a game. Oddly enough, there was never any evidence.

23 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

what does the outcome of the game have to do with the way the fans around him acted?

It doesn't. That wasn't the point.

its a very Aggy thing to do to come and complain about opposing fans after a loss. That's all.  No one is saying he's making it up.  Guess what? There will be annoying opposing fans at almost any athletic event.  But aggies took complaining about them after a loss to an art form.

Edited by Uncle Nate
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Interestingly, it appears that Beard's offenses have gotten progressively worse since he started coaching at Tech...

Considering that he's just midway through year 3 at Tech, I wouldn't read too much into that stat.  We had a better offense last year because we had better offensive players, players that were there for the most part in his first year too.  That's all there is to it.

On 1/13/2019 at 10:19 AM, Brian Fantana said:

I don't know if you forgot or what, but it was a common aggy tactic to concoct wood stories about opposing fans pushing their grandmothers down the stairs every time they lost a game. Oddly enough, there was never any evidence.

I always thought it was weird that they would choose to throw something as expensive as batteries.

I love the Tech fans talking shit in this thread and throwing aggy at a Texas fan that was at the game.

You clowns are the only fanbase on this board that gets butthurt enough to throw out stupid shit like that and run Texas fans out of your thread on the football forum. 

You won the game. Why do you give a fuck if there were some douchey Tech fans there. Do we need to post the "GO RAIDEEEEEERS" video?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

35 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I love the Tech fans talking shit in this thread and throwing aggy at a Texas fan that was at the game.

You clowns are the only fanbase on this board that gets butthurt enough to throw out stupid shit like that and run Texas fans out of your thread on the football forum. 

You won the game. Why do you give a fuck if there were some douchey Tech fans there. Do we need to post the "GO RAIDEEEEEERS" video?

The only one butthurt here is you, sport.