Xavier @ Texas Series

zlavydra

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

Cajun you've always been critical but your criticisms are usually legit gripes. I agree with you about the use of Kam. He needs to pitch in non-critical situations until he gets his shit together. 

My problem is for the past few years it's largely been when we lose.  He never seemed to show up after a win.  Most of what he said was "no shit sherlock, water is wet stuff"

That's changed a bit this season and last...

Well I was at the game and chatted at bit with DDA. My son went to be the baseball clinic and had a great time. It was cold and windy but a good day for baseball.

I am not sure what to make of this series. I was hoping for a big confidence boost, and this was probably not that. But they swept somehow.

Beat A&M!

1 hour ago, zork said:

What doesn't kill you can make you stronger.  Texas winning these close games, even with the errors and misplays, will help.

Now they need to take those ninth inning with 2 outs at bats all game long against aggy tuesday night.

Xavier looked much better than their record to me.  The starter Friday night had a near 10 ERA but was not walking anyone and battling all night against Texas(first start for him).  The starter yesterday also walked few and pitched well.  The guy today was throwing gas but too wild.(I'd like to see the Rangers pick him up in the 10th round or so)

Their hitters were pesky and battled much harder than their 9-18 record would indicate.   Some talented big dudes as well. 

BTW:  5/11 with a HBP and walk( 0 K's) for Shaw on the weekend. 🤘

Boyd's world has their SOS at 5.

38 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Cajun you've always been critical but your criticisms are usually legit gripes. I agree with you about the use of Kam. He needs to pitch in non-critical situations until he gets his shit together. 

Touche Loop, and I'm glad we agree on that shit.

Thought you were talking about me.  I think you called me out on the old site and we did a minor back and forth over some shit where I went overboard (you were right when you jabbed me) and I was thinking my criticism of Kam here was getting you riled up.

Carry on brother.

47 minutes ago, petscii said:

My problem is for the past few years it's largely been when we lose.  He never seemed to show up after a win.  Most of what he said was "no shit sherlock, water is wet stuff"

It was during the last few of the Augie yrs b/c win or lose, the program was sliding.  The wins during that time just gave fodder to the pumpers and I wasn't much for joining in the "yay, we're gonna prolong the agony" River Dance.  I was paticularly critical of our plate appoach under Nicholson (sp?) and absolutely embarrassing jackassery on the bases. The program was not going to turn around under that regime because the feet were very much up on the desk.  I stand by those criticisms to this day.

Since Pierce has been here I've been consistent on either side.

That said, I'm not really sure that many of your posts don't fall right nicely into the "no shit sherlock" category tambien.

Edited by Cajun

25 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Well I was at the game and chatted at bit with DDA. My son went to be the baseball clinic and had a great time. It was cold and windy but a good day for baseball.

I am not sure what to make of this series. I was hoping for a big confidence boost, and this was probably not that. But they swept somehow.

Beat A&M!

Someone needs to tell him to limit his zub-ee-aaaa type cheers or whatever to two times and stop before the pitcher winds up, or starts his motion.  I saw Zubia call time out, and step out, once it seemed to get him to STFU there in the late innings.  Support the guys but don't distract.

BTW, was that DDA's dad at the game yesterday sitting to his right, to his left if looking from the pitcher point of view?  Had the same mustache and beard, nearly a pure doppelganger but older?

28 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

This is certainly not the best Texas team I’ve seen, but it is one of the most entertaining. Now, let’s keep that home magic alive on Tuesday because I hate losing to those people.

Maybe we beat them 6-5 to!

This is the kind of series that probably almost no one outside of alumni / super fans watched and is very unlikely to be remembered for long. But had one or two of these games gone the other way they could have derailed the season. I’m really happy we pulled all three out in the end. The psychological benefit of a series sweep, quality of opponent be damned, is exactly what we needed after the heartbreakers at TCU and the letdown vs Incarnate Word. Let’s go get a W on Tuesday and keep winning series in the Big XII. 

• Like 1

The Incarnate Word loss won't look terrible (resume wise) at the end of the year. They swept New Orleans this weekend and have won 8/9. If you look at their schedule they will start stacking wins. 

That is not a team I would want to see as a 4 seed in my regional (just see A&M and Texas in midweek games this year). They have two pretty good FR/Saturday arms with some good bats. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

Someone needs to tell him to limit his zub-ee-aaaa type cheers or whatever to two times and stop before the pitcher winds up, or starts his motion.  I saw Zubia call time out, and step out, once it seemed to get him to STFU there in the late innings.  Support the guys but don't distract.
BTW, was that DDA's dad at the game yesterday sitting to his right, to his left if looking from the pitcher point of view?  Had the same mustache and beard, nearly a pure doppelganger but older?

He’s probably trying to be the modern day Scott Wilson, but it’s irritating as shit. I’ll go back to yelling at clouds now
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

This is the kind of series that probably almost no one outside of alumni / super fans watched and is very unlikely to be remembered for long. But had one or two of these games gone the other way they could have derailed the season. I’m really happy we pulled all three out in the end. The psychological benefit of a series sweep, quality of opponent be damned, is exactly what we needed after the heartbreakers at TCU and the letdown vs Incarnate Word. Let’s go get a W on Tuesday and keep winning series in the Big XII. 

LOL .. no. The results of a non-conference series in March will never, in any way, derail a season. 

9 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Wasn't talking about injuries

Ok. YOu didn't say you weren't.

I do think that a demoralizing result here would have potentially been disastrous after the TCU series. I think we needed this one. You disagree and I disagree with you. In college sports morale is important.

Edited by Valmy77

The last game of the series it sounded like the microphone around the plate was turned down or moved. I could see DDA mouthing his absurdity and hear it faintly, but it wasn't drowning out everything else like it did the first two games. I also didn't hear the catchers mitts popping like usual. Anyone else notice it?

1 minute ago, 1leggedduck said:

The last game of the series it sounded like the microphone around the plate was turned down or moved. I could see DDA mouthing his absurdity and hear it faintly, but it wasn't drowning out everything else like it did the first two games. I also didn't hear the catchers mitts popping like usual. Anyone else notice it?

Yes I noticed that to.