Xavier @ Texas Series

zlavydra

What doesn't kill you can make you stronger.  Texas winning these close games, even with the errors and misplays, will help.

Now they need to take those ninth inning with 2 outs at bats all game long against aggy tuesday night.

Xavier looked much better than their record to me.  The starter Friday night had a near 10 ERA but was not walking anyone and battling all night against Texas(first start for him).  The starter yesterday also walked few and pitched well.  The guy today was throwing gas but too wild.(I'd like to see the Rangers pick him up in the 10th round or so)

Their hitters were pesky and battled much harder than their 9-18 record would indicate.   Some talented big dudes as well. 

BTW:  5/11 with a HBP and walk( 0 K's) for Shaw on the weekend. 🤘

• Like 2

I've watched a bit of college baseball outside of Texas.  They tying run comes to the plate in the 8th and 9th innings a lot.  

What impresses me most about this squad is they don't ever look defeated or beat.   The mistakes and bobbles are bothersome but this team should improve as the season progresses.

Think about how good we'd be if we could just cut the stupid out.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, petscii said:

I've watched a bit of college baseball outside of Texas.  They tying run comes to the plate in the 8th and 9th innings a lot.  

This is true in all the big 3 sports. Strong couldn't win the close games, Shaka hasn't been able to win the close games, Herman won the close games this year, and Pierce has shown the ability to win close games. 

The success of coaches is often driven by how their teams execute late in games. 

4 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

It’s great to be so even-keeled and baseball savvy that you don’t need a place to vent when you’re pissed about the performance of your team.  

Loop is of the "not a good fan unless you never say anything stingingly critical" camp.

I get it, just not, nor will ever be in that camp.

The call 'em how you see 'em mantra is more to my taste.

• Like 1