EPL 2019-20

Firemans4Horn

I have to say NBC is missing a chance to “go for it.”  Spurs-Chelsea is very compelling being a London rivalry, plus UCL spots on the line. But with Pulisic on Chelsea (bummer he’s not starting), that’s a HUGE draw. If they put it on the network, they could see if they can capture some NFL channel flippers. 

13 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I have to say NBC is missing a chance to “go for it.”  Spurs-Chelsea is very compelling being a London rivalry, plus UCL spots on the line. But with Pulisic on Chelsea (bummer he’s not starting), that’s a HUGE draw. If they put it on the network, they could see if they can capture some NFL channel flippers. 

last year maybe, next year maybe, but it's cackling hen season, and no way no how do they stand on the sunday morning heads for abitafitba.

Im guessing the numbers dont support it but i agree if they had the big game on national channel every sunday think it would do well in the pre-nfl timeslot. Would have to give it awhile to gain legs but it has to be better than normal 10am sunday broadcast ,right?

Currently showing a 2 hour block of "Earth Odyssey with Dylan Dreyer"

Just now, Bone3421 said:
1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:
With the red card, that’s ballgame. 

Yeah its done....but damn thats a weak ass red

Is it, though?  Did he or did he not intentionally kick at another player with his studs?  Maybe it was more of a push than a kick - does that matter?  

If someone throws a punch and it just grazes, but it wasn't that hard of a punch, more of a slap to the face, he's still off, isn't he?

Is it, though?  Did he or did he not intentionally kick at another player with his studs?  Maybe it was more of a push than a kick - does that matter?  

If someone throws a punch and it just grazes, but it wasn't that hard of a punch, more of a slap to the face, he's still off, isn't he?

Yeah, i get by the letter of the law but like you said it was more of a push. Some will think its fine others will think it was a harsh red.

No skin off my back either way, just my impartial opinion

Also i did see de gea give a little face touch/friendly slap in watford game so yeah there are different levels

16 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Spurs fan - I have no problem with the call.

To the letter of the law no question a red. He put studs out there, that's "violent." Do I think it was as bad as other things I've seen not red carded? Sure, but to the letter of the law, that's an easy call

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TexArcher said:

100% correct. Punish the act, not the result. Just because he didn't connect solidly doesn't mean it's not a violent act. 

12 hours ago, midtown said:

I just watched the NBC post-game. I agree with them. Everyone keeps dodging the issue. Until managers and clubs say 'we will clear the stands and play in empty stadiums'. Both lampard and Mourhino half assed their comments.

This. I think Robbie Mustoe said it best. Azpilicueta should have pulled his team off of the pitch. That would have made world news and forced the EPL to address the issue. 

Shitheads are going to be shitheads. There's no way to stop it unless you start punishing sections/stadiums/teams. The EPL gives it lip service with slogans and fake anger. 

28 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Good for Neville. Fuck that other clown.

Jesus. I'm not a fan of Neville, but he was spot on there. WTF was that other guy thinking? Is it NOT the opinion of Sky Sports that racism is an issue in the EPL?

Does he make that comment when Neville says "City aren't going to win the league?". Fuck right off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

This. I think Robbie Mustoe said it best. Azpilicueta should have pulled his team off of the pitch. That would have made world news and forced the EPL to address the issue.

Can he do that without giving up a probable three points?  Does the game just end and the partial result stands?  I really don't know.

I'm sure someone will say, "it's bigger than the three points," and that's true.  But Chelsea are fighting for a Champions League spot going into a summer window after missing the last one.  On the other hand, Spurs could say they're also fighting for a CL spot and there was a lot of time left.

I'm surprised no one is suggesting that Mourinho should have pulled his team.  They were down 2-0 and could have conceded the loss and really made a point to their own shitty fans.

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Can he do that without giving up a probable three points?  Does the game just end and the partial result stands?  I really don't know.

I'm sure someone will say, "it's bigger than the three points," and that's true.  But Chelsea are fighting for a Champions League spot going into a summer window after missing the last one.  On the other hand, Spurs could say they're also fighting for a CL spot and there was a lot of time left.

I'm surprised no one is suggesting that Mourinho should have pulled his team.  They were down 2-0 and could have conceded the loss and really made a point to their own shitty fans.

It's bigger than the three points.

And I'm not suggesting he pull them off for the game. Just a quick minute to prove a point.

But can you imagine if the FA/ EPL allowed them to lose as a result? It would bring the real issue to the forefront quickly. CHELSEA PUNISHED FOR STANDING UP TO RACISM would be a brutal headline for the FA.

SIdenote, I was very please at how the NBC crew handled the discussion post-match. No "the view of Robbie, Robbie and Rebecca do not represent NBC" BS. They straight up condemned it and discussed ways to solve it.

• Like 1

Empty slogans that they force the players to make before a match or play on the ribbon boards around the pitch are the best the EPL can come up with. Tough decisions like pulling a team out of a match or making the home team with a verified example of fan racism get a one match ban on all supporters is something the EPL has no stomach for. They're gutless. Make the fans responsible lose what they hold most dear, the ability to see their club. The really ironic part is every team has African players or players of African descent on their team. Yet the racism persists. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

But can you imagine if the FA/ EPL allowed them to lose as a result? It would bring the real issue to the forefront quickly. CHELSEA PUNISHED FOR STANDING UP TO RACISM would be a brutal headline for the FA.

Yeah, and in a 2-0 game, it's easy to let the result stand.  But what if it had been 0-0?

The FA needs to make a strong statement on this and explain ahead of time what will happen the next time a crowd does that, and I think it should include forfeiture of the match even if the home side is winning.  Let those goons police themselves.  The people shouting those insults and throwing bottles or bananas or whatever are doing it from the safety of the crowd.  Well, if the crowd knows that those actions are gonna cost the home team, it'll stop being so safe to be such shitheads.

Edited by TexArcher

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, and in a 2-0 game, it's easy to let the result stand.  But what if it had been 0-0?

The FA needs to make a strong statement on this and explain ahead of time what will happen the next time a crowd does that, and I think it should include forfeiture of the match even if the home side is winning.  Let those goons police themselves.  The people shouting those insults and throwing bottles or bananas or whatever are doing it from the safety of the crowd.  Well, if the crowd knows that those actions are gonna cost the home team, it'll stop being so safe to be such shitheads.

I agree. I'm tired of the "it's just one or two people". Bullshit. If it's 1 or 2 people, the crowd would point them out and get them out. 

the best news of the day with this chelsea result is it finally puts paid to the asinine uninformed uninitiated amateur zero-perspective millennial unicorn american outlaw 10-year wilderness cabal-pacifying asshattery regarding CP's standing, form and ability to turn a game in a world-class league.

today, like the rest of the chelsea side, he's just a jag.

against soton.

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

What a strange December for Chelsea. Beat Villa and Tottenham. Lose to 3 bottom half teams. Yet still in 4th and have disappointing Arsenal on Sunday. 

who wants 4th?  certainly not scum.  chelsea wins high and loses low, which drags everyone down with them.  it looks like spur by default.

who wants europa?  wolves? blades? why not everton?  bizarro-world season.