The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Window shopping today for nice fenders.  Fuck relics. I hate them.  Can I get a fucking guitar that doesn't look like george costanza dragged it behind his car in the Yankee stadium parking lot? 

Price goes up if it was formerly John Voight's car.

• Like 4

Well, because it was 50% off on the Fender site and I had another 10% off for Fender Play, I decided to upgrade my pedalboard case from a soft-sided Gator case to this totally pointless one. But hey, 60% off. Cheaper than most of my pedals.

fender-tweed-pedalboard-case-medium.jpg

images (5).jpeg

Edited by Deej
  • Like 4

The medium one, which is about 25×14×6 inches and will fit my board perfectly, was $112 after the extra 10%. $120 after tax. 

With 50% off, the small one is $99 and is 6 inches shorter. 

The large one is $149 and measures 33×18×6

Edited by Deej

New project.

When i was in my temporary living situation, there was an old Squire Strat in my swsignated storage space. In the time I lived there, the whole building rotated through, so I figured it was mine when I left - you never know when somebody is gonna need a decent, cheap guitar.

That bell has been rung, and the need is for it to be left handed. The serial number says it's from 2005 from a quick look. Filthy as hell. 1st step was to plug it in, and it sounded incredible. That'll be the last time I'm able to play it since it'll be a lefty the next time strings on it. I'm curious if I'll be able to do a decent t setup on a left.

The before shots. Note that I'll need to change the saddle screws from the E & A with the B & E - much shorter. Glad I caught that already. Thinking about adding a detail with a can of Krylon?20230827_164834.jpg20230827_164838.jpg20230827_164847.jpg20230827_164906.jpg20230827_165702.jpg20230827_165716.jpg20230827_165719.jpg20230827_165909.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tbone_ said:

As terrible as it was, I honestly wasn’t all that surprised when I heard about Cobain. (Not meaning to minimize the tragedy though).

Well, he had tried to kill himself not long before, so yeah.

Stevie was rough. It felt so unjust. Still does.

I distinctly remember thinking "please let it be Jimmie" when I heard the first report.  What a crappy thing to think about someone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, he had tried to kill himself not long before, so yeah.

I distinctly remember thinking "please let it be Jimmie" when I heard the first report.  What a crappy thing to think about someone.

I mean, if you had said Clapton, I'd have understood. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

Very cool to bring that back.

I think he used lots of different phasers, but the one that he's most associated with is the Maestro MP-1.  

The MP1 is the most musical phaser I've ever owned.  I sold mine years ago because it tended to suck tone and was anything but pedalboard friendly.  The 6 stage on this pedal sounds close at first blush.  I've been looking for that 6-stage sound in a small package for a while.  I've got a Mister-O.  It's the closest I've heard so far, but it's digital and lacks something I can't put my finger on apart from that.  It's based on the early Maestro Phaser, rather than the MP1, which Moog designed.  But close is close.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

MF stupid deal of the day.

Gretsch Guitars G5427T Electromatic Hollowbody Single-Cut Flame Maple Top With Bigsby Limited-Edition Electric Guitar Orange Stain 

The G5427T Electromatic is a no-nonsense classical hollowbody electric guitar, designed to deliver bold, dynamic and articulate Gretsch sound. The Electromatic features a laminated flame maple top and body with a trestle block bracing that helps reduce unwanted feedback. Coupled with FT-5E Filter’Tron pickups, this hollowbody’s voice explodes with huge, full-bodied punch, classic chime and enhanced presence, clarity and note definition. A classic C-shaped maple neck offers a comfortable playing feel for improved performance. Get more from your tone with its ample sound-shaping tools, including a versatile upgraded control layout, including master volume with a treble bleed circuit, master tone, individual pickup volume controls and a three-position tone switch. Additional features include a smaller, late-50s G6120 bound headstock, Graph Tech NuBone nut, pearloid Neo-Classic thumbnail inlays, secured Adjusto-Matic bridge and Bigsby B60 vibrato tailpiece.
Was:  Regular Price $899.99Savings:  Your Savings $300.00Your Price $599.99

L84969000001000-00-250x250.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, Deej said:

Probably, but you're gonna buy it. 

You won't believe me, and I wouldn't either, but I might be done with the gear churn.  I've got the guitars I want, the amps (real or digital) I want, the effects I want and some focused goals for music that gear churn hinders.

So except for a recording interface upgrade, I'm done.  And I'll probably snag a full size keyboard controller with weighted keys at some point.  I'll need that.  And maybe if a small digital drum set shows up on FB marketplace at a good price, I couldn't let that slide by...

the-jerk-martin-thats-all-he-needs.jpg

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Look what showed up.

20230901_125855.jpg

20230901_125917.jpg

And yeah, I'll need one of these...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Wow!  Nice work.  Is that factory finished "faded" or is it listed as satin.  I've got a "faded" SG from 2008.  I've read about people buffing them out.  But I kind of dig it on that guitar.  Definite improvement on the Epi LP.

It's a satin finish. I had a Faded SG. That finish seemed almost porous and like it never had a shine. This one is like they took the shine of a poly finish to make it look aged. 

I took some Meguiers Scratch X to it. One thin coat at a time, let if dry, then buffed it out. Did two coats. 

Left the back and sides alone as well as the neck. I love the satin neck. 

It really made the color pop, particularly the red.

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2

If anyone is looking for a nice, cheaper LP. I can't recommend them enough. Nice neck profile, long neck tenon, all Gibson wiring and electronics, Burstbucker pickups. You can find them used for 6 or 7 hundred. Just really nice guitar. And they improved the headstocks.

Edited by Deej

7 minutes ago, Deej said:

It's a satin finish. I had a Faded SG. That finish seemed almost porous and like it never had a shine. This one is like they took the shine of a poly finish to make it look aged. 

I took some Meguiers Scratch X to it. One thin coat at a time, let if dry, then buffed it out. Did two coats. 

Left the back and sides alone as well as the neck. I love the satin neck. 

It really made the color pop, particularly the red.

Almost porous is about right.  I think it would take a lot of buffing, and I dig it as-is.  The aged-nickel PAF clones from Mojotone were an improvement both in the sonic and looks department.  Couldn't have shiny pickup covers with a faded body.  Just wouldn't do.

AIL4fc-i-Cah-Mkn2-U8-o-TCoi-Usvq-ZURxvc3

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1