Video: Dallas PD kills mentally ill man, incessantly cracks jokes over his dead body

Goo Punch

10 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Thread with distinctive subject title already exists on this page. The difference is Derka didn’t originate that thread. 

jesus christ rex you are such a moron. first off, you cannot help yourself but to make it all about me, constantly giving me this unwanted attention that you claim i crave (not that i even understand how starting a thread gets the OP attention, but apparently you believe it to be so).

Second, that other thread's "distinctive subject title" didn't share a single word with my thread title,  or did it mention any of the pertinent info, ie the Dallas PD killing a mentally ill man and then laughing about it. it's just called "The death of (whatever the guy's name was)". It's a shitty title that didn't do a good job or portending what was inside the thread. 

Third, it's pathetic that you tried to change your handle and got found out immediately, because you're such a worthless poster with such a transparent shtick. You whine a lot. Way to go. 

finally, @SimonBolivar you seriously pos repped this bullshit? you really believe that? based on what exactly? 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

jesus christ rex you are such a moron. first off, you cannot help yourself but to make it all about me, constantly giving me this unwanted attention that you claim i crave (not that i even understand how starting a thread gets the OP attention, but apparently you believe it to be so).

Second, that other thread's "distinctive subject title" didn't share a single word with my thread title,  or did it mention any of the pertinent info, ie the Dallas PD killing a mentally ill man and then laughing about it. it's just called "The death of (whatever the guy's name was)". It's a shitty title that didn't do a good job or portending what was inside the thread. 

Third, it's pathetic that you tried to change your handle and got found out immediately, because you're such a worthless poster with such a transparent shtick. You whine a lot. Way to go. 

finally, @SimonBolivar you seriously pos repped this bullshit? you really believe that? based on what exactly? 

I like your long winded replies and wanted to see some fireworks.

• Like 5

Hey maybe take your knee off his back if you're asking if he's okay you fucking scumbag.

Fuck DPD and fuck anyone with those stupid ass "stand by blue" signs in their front yards. Go create a presence in deep ellum where people are getting mugged and shot every weekend instead of 4 of you douchenozzles suffocating some random crazy to death. 

Edited by ztejas
Yes I'm aware this was 3 years ago
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

where is constant?  i wonder if he knows these guys.

I’m right here. I don’t necessarily feel obligated to jump into every thread that is police related. I know these guys about as well as you know Todd from accounting or wherever. I’ve seen em around but don’t know them. I’m not going to comment on this incident being that it’s still an ongoing civil matter. 

I will say I’ve personally been in a very similar situation. It still haunts me to this day. And even though I was cleared criminally, and in a civil manner, I’m still bothered by it. The individual died with a body temperature of 108 and a heart rate close to 200, if I remember correctly. 

Research Excited Delirium. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3088378/

Watch youtube videos with cases of it. Look at the symptoms and the causes. 

This situation is very difficult to understand how to best deal with in the Law Enforcement. It’s essentially a medical emergency but the individuals can also be involved in criminal activities at the same time (assaulting others, damaging property). It requires an EMS and police response 10/10 times. If one or the other is solely called out, they call the other immediately. Restraining the person in some form is necessary to confining them to one spot. You aren’t getting them anywhere near an ambulance til they’ve been restrained. They don’t feel pain. They don’t feel exerted by their efforts to break free.

I guess I’m saying; what would you do? How do you safely (both for the individual and yourself) accomplish the task of getting them medical attention as soon as possible?

11 hours ago, ztejas said:

Hey maybe take your knee off his back if you're asking if he's okay you fucking scumbag.

Fuck DPD and fuck anyone with those stupid ass "stand by blue" signs in their front yards. Go create a presence in deep ellum where people are getting mugged and shot every weekend instead of 4 of you douchenozzles suffocating some random crazy to death. 

Read the cause of death again. 

And I appreciate your continued support. I don’t work the Deep Ellum part of town. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Constant said:

I’m right here. I don’t necessarily feel obligated to jump into every thread that is police related. I know these guys about as well as you know Todd from accounting or wherever. I’ve seen em around but don’t know them. I’m not going to comment on this incident being that it’s still an ongoing civil matter. 

I will say I’ve personally been in a very similar situation. It still haunts me to this day. And even though I was cleared criminally, and in a civil manner, I’m still bothered by it. The individual died with a body temperature of 108 and a heart rate close to 200, if I remember correctly. 

Research Excited Delirium. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3088378/

This situation is very difficult to understand how to best deal with in the Law Enforcement. It’s essentially a medical emergency but the individuals can also be involved in criminal activities at the same time (assaulting others, damaging property). It requires an EMS and police response 10/10 times. If one or the other is solely called out, they call the other immediately. Restraining the person in some form is necessary to confining them to one spot. You aren’t getting them anywhere near an ambulance til they’ve been restrained. They don’t feel pain. They don’t feel exerted by their efforts to break free.

I guess I’m saying; what would you do? How do you safely (both for the individual and yourself) accomplish the task of getting them medical attention as soon as possible?

And I appreciate your continued support. I don’t work the Deep Ellum part of town. 

How about get your knee and all of your fucking body weight off of their back so they can fucking breathe? 

4 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

How about get your knee and all of your fucking body weight off of their back so they can fucking breathe? 

The individual that died in my custody did so handcuffed and sitting upright on a curb. Never once had to pin them to them ground but if I had to, I would have. It doesn’t take all of your body weight and they breathe just fine. 

How would you gain control of someone that has no intentions of being controlled? 

I'm not a huge defender of police, as my posting history attests.  But I do try to be fair-minded from time to time.

This guy was running in traffic on Mockingbird, which provoked several calls from passers-by in addition to his call from the jerkstore, according to the article and the lawsuit.  He wasn't a threat to the cops, but he was a threat to himself.

That doesn't justify putting your entire weight on a guy's back.  Or joking around as they did, which actually seems to be a lame, macho way of keeping the thing "light."  But to say that he didn't need to be restrained seems fairly absurd.

14 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Not by putting my knee in the middle of their back. When their wrists and ankles are cuffed, they are effectively controlled and detained.  What are they going to do, the worm?

Ha I’m glad you’re so confident in that equipment and the individual just saying, “cool, you guys got me. I’m done now.” 

You’re expecting a rational response from an individual incapable of rational thought. How do you think you’re getting those cuffs on? You think it’s gonna happen with compliance?

10 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

So a person can "run away" after having their ankles and wrists cuffed? Ok cool...

18vt7z.jpg

It’s not about them running away. It’s about them kicking and bucking their body. Or slamming their head into the ground. If they are in my custody it’s my responsibility to keep them from injuring themselves- down to scratches. 

Again, I don’t think you understand or even want to try to understand what you’d be dealing with. I’m not just talking about this specific incident. These are every day occurrences. Luckily, most have outcomes that are successful. 

Edited by Constant

34 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not a huge defender of police, as my posting history attests.  But I do try to be fair-minded from time to time.

This guy was running in traffic on Mockingbird, which provoked several calls from passers-by in addition to his call from the jerkstore, according to the article and the lawsuit.  He wasn't a threat to the cops, but he was a threat to himself.

That doesn't justify putting your entire weight on a guy's back.  Or joking around as they did, which actually seems to be a lame, macho way of keeping the thing "light."  But to say that he didn't need to be restrained seems fairly absurd.

Who is saying he didn't need to be restrained? My point is that AFTER they are cuffed, including ankles if necessary, get off their fucking back and allow them to consume oxygen. 

1 minute ago, immortal13 said:

Well I wouldn't want them to get all scratched up. So I guess you're right....we should stand on their back until they stop moving/breathing.

You’re gonna vilify regardless of what I say. It’s a pointless exercise. I’m glad it’s all just so easy for you. 

4 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Who is saying he didn't need to be restrained? My point is that AFTER they are cuffed, including ankles if necessary, get off their fucking back and allow them to consume oxygen. 

If only they died from a lack of oxygen...

I see you spent all of zero seconds reading into Excited Delirium. 

Edited by Constant

14 hours ago, Constant said:

Watch the video again and then come back and ask your question.  Pay close attention to the laughing, cutting up, and joking over a guy taking his last breaths on this planet.  You might find some compassion for him there and in that compassion you might inherently find that your question need not be asked.

7 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Watch the video again and then come back and ask your question.  Pay close attention to the laughing, cutting up, and joking over a guy taking his last breaths on this planet.  You might find some compassion for him there and in that compassion you might inherently find that your question need not be asked.

Read my second paragraph and I think your point need not be made. It’s a tragic event. I fully understand that. I understand behavior on that video is not what is expected or congruent with department policy. I don’t condone that. 

It still leaves my question. We can be compassionate all day. A person experiencing Excited Delirium doesn’t care. It’s still an extremely difficult situation to handle safely and efficiently considering 2/3rds die at the scene or in transport. 

Edited by Constant

58 minutes ago, Constant said:

Read my second paragraph and I think your point need not be made. It’s a tragic event. I fully understand that. I understand behavior on that video is not what is expected or congruent with department policy. I don’t condone that. 

It still leaves my question. We can be compassionate all day. A person experiencing Excited Delirium doesn’t care. It’s still an extremely difficult situation to handle safely and efficiently considering 2/3rds die at the scene or in transport. 

Constant, we're (you and me) talking about these cops, not you.  I believe and appreciate the notion that you're not this kind of person/LEO, but these guys were and it's not all that uncommon.  Hell, they were all wearing body cameras, knew it, and yet there they were yucking it up while a guy died right in front of them, seemingly not a care in the world.  Then you get the faux concern.  I'm not saying YOU had faux concern, but these guys sure did and they were working real hard to say all the right things to the microphone for the inquiry that they knew would be coming once shit got real.  The cavalier nature of the entire event is both sickening and all too common.

If a restrained guy dies whilst being treated with care and compassion that's one thing.

This is not that.  Not even close.

And this is happening just a little too much.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 1