We're all Buckeyes today!

VABuckeye

There's really no reason for us to hate Nebraska.  We neutered them years ago.

ahem

the reason is the shitslinging Losole family. fuck those shitbirds and their ptomaine haven restaurant.

those ratturds started a fight outside the Alamodome, Texas fans finished it and the dogvomit Losoles said they were attacked when they were the attackers. so fuck em. and fuck that cheating pus bag tom osborne.

21 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

Sugar Bowl last year is better than anything those teams have accomplished.

Would any of those teams have played in the Sugar Bowl if they'd stayed in the Big 12 even as a conference runner-up?

i see that sentiment expressed a lot around here, especially regarding Nebraska. 'Ha ha, they left the Big 12, how's that working out for them?' The best was when someone said essentially that after their loss at Colorado. Was the outcome supposed to be different if Nebraska had still been in the Big 12? What if Colorado was still in the Big 12 too? That doesn't even make any sense. 

All teams strive for success. Nebraska didn't leave the Big 12 in order to have more success. They left for long term security. They're better off regardless of success on the football field. And as Texas fans like to point out, they weren't having much success in the Big 12, so what exactly is the point?

Here's what they've won: They're in a conference they know will exist ten years from now. Can you guarantee the same about the Big 12? No. They're full members of the Big Ten now and earning $51 Million a year from the TV contract just like every other program not named Maryland or Rutgers. Some of that comes from BTN. How much were they going to make from the Longhorn Network? Their fans used to have to watch some of their games on pay-per-view! Now they have a conference network that covers all the teams and a wide variety of sports. There are enough hours in the week to give everyone exposure and still repeat a lot of programming. 

They're making more money in the B1G and they're putting it to good use. They just announced on Friday a $155 Million expansion of their athletic facilities. They had College GameDay in town, a big night game under the lights against a top 5 opponent, and tons of recruits from a bunch of different sports in attendance. Right now they've got tOSU scheduled every year as a protected crossover game. Their rival was taken from them in the Big 12 and they weren't going to play OU or Texas every year so they weren't guaranteed any marquee opponents.

We'll have to wait and see what the recruiting results are from the weekend. A stronger showing couldn't have hurt but I've heard a lot of players say that the outcome of the game during their recruiting visit didn't matter. It's more about the atmosphere, and if the team does poorly then they.can sell you on early playing time. 

If it's fair to ask what they've won since leaving the conference then I think it's every bit as fair to ask what Texas has won during the same time. Judging by all the negs, I think I struck a nerve. But neither has anything to do with the other. Really, it looks like jilted lover syndrome on the part of Texas fans. You really didn't like her all that much but, now that she's with someone else, you don't want to see them happy. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

Would any of those teams have played in the Sugar Bowl if they'd stayed in the Big 12 even as a conference runner-up?
i see that sentiment expressed a lot around here, especially regarding Nebraska. 'Ha ha, they left the Big 12, how's that working out for them?' The best was when someone said essentially that after their loss at Colorado. Was the outcome supposed to be different if Nebraska had still been in the Big 12? What if Colorado was still in the Big 12 too? That doesn't even make any sense. 
All teams strive for success. Nebraska didn't leave the Big 12 in order to have more success. They left for long term security. They're better off regardless of success on the football field. And as Texas fans like to point out, they weren't having much success in the Big 12, so what exactly is the point?
Here's what they've won: They're in a conference they know will exist ten years from now. Can you guarantee the same about the Big 12? No. They're full members of the Big Ten now and earning $51 Million a year from the TV contract just like every other program not named Maryland or Rutgers. Some of that comes from BTN. How much were they going to make from the Longhorn Network? Their fans used to have to watch some of their games on pay-per-view! Now they have a conference network that covers all the teams and a wide variety of sports. There are enough hours in the week to give everyone exposure and still repeat a lot of programming. 
They're making more money in the B1G and they're putting it to good use. They just announced on Friday a $155 Million expansion of their athletic facilities. They had College GameDay in town, a big night game under the lights against a top 5 opponent, and tons of recruits from a bunch of different sports in attendance. Right now they've got tOSU scheduled every year as a protected crossover game. Their rival was taken from them in the Big 12 and they weren't going to play OU or Texas every year so they weren't guaranteed any marquee opponents.
We'll have to wait and see what the recruiting results are from the weekend. A stronger showing couldn't have hurt but I've heard a lot of players say that the outcome of the game during their recruiting visit didn't matter. It's more about the atmosphere, and if the team does poorly then they.can sell you on early playing time. 
If it's fair to ask what they've won since leaving the conference then I think it's every bit as fair to ask what Texas has won during the same time. Judging by all the negs, I think I struck a nerve. But neither has anything to do with the other. Really, it looks like jilted lover syndrome on the part of Texas fans. You really didn't like her all that much but, now that she's with someone else, you don't want to see them happy. 
say "aggy" swanny

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Here's what they've won: They're in a conference they know will exist ten years from now. Can you guarantee the same about the Big 12? No.

This seems like a circular argument to me. If none of the four had left the Big 12, it would still be a very stable conference and would be distributing as much or more to each member than it currently is. Leaving is what destabilized the conference in the first place.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Really, it looks like jilted lover syndrome on the part of Texas fans. You really didn't like her all that much but, now that she's with someone else, you don't want to see them happy. 

Nah.  We just miss the guaranteed W that's all.  

On 9/28/2019 at 10:08 PM, Valmy77 said:

But they told the whole world how much they made you sweat in the 1999 Sugar Bowl. 

https://12thman.com/sports/2015/8/4/FB_0804151827.aspx

"And in the end, the boisterous, cocksure Buckeyes did indeed get their win. But it wasn't by a big margin, and it certainly wasn't easy. The underdog and under-appreciated Texas Aggies gave their Big Ten-champion counterparts far more than they bargained for in front of 76,503 fans at the Louisiana Superdome.

In fact, for 53 minutes and 25 seconds of play, the Aggies did more than enough to make the Buckeye fans sweat out their New Year's Eve hangovers. Unfortunately for A&M, it was that other 6:35 of play that gave OSU fans a reason to revel throughout all corners of the French Quarter."

Man they sure showed Ohio State that day.

this is my favorite Buckeye- Aggy moment...Spielman pick 6 in the Cotton Bowl

On 9/29/2019 at 1:08 AM, MrPhlegm said:

never gonna happen. frost took a HUGE DEMOTION when he left UCF.

9dcc79606e3128fbd1aeb234bebb4f0d.gif

No shit.  You can't recruit to that frozen shitbox of a state.  They had partial qualifiers to prop them up before.  Now, they have nothing.  A dying vestige of who they once were.  In Florida you had an abundance of in-state talent often overlooked by the larger P5 players and a soft schedule.  Now they're back to taking it up the pooper YOY; relegated to permanent Tier-II status in a conference they were dying to join.  Good job guys....

Looks like a blast...

5c71d74eb4a3e.image.jpg?resize=1200,755

15 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

this is my favorite Buckeye- Aggy moment...Spielman pick 6 in the Cotton Bowl

The boisterous and cocksure Buckeyes found getting their win against under-appreciated and underdog SWC Champion Texas Aggies was more than they bargained for and for all but five interceptions the Aggies did more than enough to make the Buckeyes sweat.

If the winner of the Big 12 Title game went to the playoff? Yes...because that is the rule.

I have to say dude for a thread trying to charm us Texas fans into loving the Buckeyes you are doing a very shitty job charming us.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 3

spacer.png

Edited by Ghost of Stevie Ray
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh so are we supposed to be grown up and rational about sports now? We are not supposed to indulge in petty dislike of other teams for flimsy reasons?

I mean in that case I think none of us would waste our time watching people we don't even know play ball games. Think how many volunteer hours at soup kitchens we could all be contributing.

Edited by Valmy77

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Oh so are we supposed to be grown up and rational about sports now? We are not supposed to indulge in petty dislike of other teams for flimsy reasons?

I mean in that case I think none of us would waste our time watching people we don't even know play ball games. Think how many volunteer hours at soup kitchens we could all be contributing.

Agree, it's kind of silly to draw the line here but not there.  Why do Ohio State fans dislike Michigan fans so much?  The reasons would certainly fall under the "petty" heading rather than the "rational" one.  But that's part of being  sports fan.  The word fan is short for fanatic, after all...

Although Nebraska is now a women's volleyball school, you can't blame them for leaving the Big 12 for the Big 10.  They are raking cash and benefiting academically from the Big 10 consortium.  Their football program is now complete dogshit with a bunch of meaningless, manufactured rivalries, but college football ain't what it used to be and will be even less recognizable in 20 years.    

Although Nebraska is now a women's volleyball school, you can't blame them for leaving the Big 12 for the Big 10.  They are raking cash and benefiting academically from the Big 10 consortium.  Their football program is now complete dogshit with a bunch of meaningless, manufactured rivalries, but college football ain't what it used to be and will be even less recognizable in 20 years.    

Nah.

And don’t blame college football for the fact that you suck. Hell, my alma mater sucks, but we’re good for an upset or two a year, cheer for that. Don’t go all, “ evolution of college football” because y’all shit the grass. Just embrace it, it makes the shitty wins more fun, I promise.

On September 29, 2019 at 7:53 PM, Auto Driller said:

This seems like a circular argument to me. If none of the four had left the Big 12, it would still be a very stable conference and would be distributing as much or more to each member than it currently is. Leaving is what destabilized the conference in the first place.

If they had stayed and Texas and OU decided to bolt for the PAC then they'd all regret not making a move sooner (no pun intended). That would've left them in a greatly weakened conference and scrambling to find a home. 

Share revenues equally and start a conference network and maybe no one would've left. When the Big Ten decided to explore expansion, Nebraska made a sound business decision. Do Texas and Kansas share TV revenue equally? Ohio State and Indiana do, and nobody is plundering teams from their conference. 

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If they had stayed and Texas and OU decided to bolt for the PAC then they'd all regret not making a move sooner (no pun intended). That would've left them in a greatly weakened conference and scrambling to find a home. 

Share revenues equally and start a conference network and maybe no one would've left. When the Big Ten decided to explore expansion, Nebraska made a sound business decision. Do Texas and Kansas share TV revenue equally? Ohio State and Indiana do, and nobody is plundering teams from their conference. 

We decided to bolt for the Big 12 because Nebraska was leaving and our moron AD overreacted a tad. But hey fortunately A&M's SEC fixation brought everybody back to their senses....but it still cost us Colorado. What a fucking trainwreck that whole deal was.

The Big 12 voted down the conference network, Nebraska included. Nebraska benefited from the uneven revenue sharing (which was not really that uneven). And Kansas easily made the most money of any Big 12 team in the old Big 12 because of their incredibly lucrative Basketball tier 3 content.

But currently all Big 12 schools are doing pretty well.

And sure nobody is plundering teams from the Big 10 but it is also a hellish bullshit super conference with freaking Maryland and Rutgers. Screw that shit. You also have Penn State and Michigan State, no way in fucking hell would I want to be associated with those rogue institutions. It is bad enough here with Baylor.

But, you know, we are cool Ohio State. Hope we play again soon.

Edited by Valmy77