nfl films music / other nfl music from the merger era

Hagbard Celine

14 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I heard the Raiders theme song being played at Spurs Stadium as the clock ticked down to zero in London earlier tonight.

I wish Sam Spence and the Nicols had done something similar for every NFL team back in the '70s.

For the kids who have never heard it, the Raiders theme song.

This makes me want to watch the NFL again....

Then I do.....

And then I realize that the NFL is not what it once was.

You can never go home again.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 7:06 PM, Hagbard Celine said:

I heard the Raiders theme song being played at Spurs Stadium as the clock ticked down to zero in London earlier tonight.

I wish Sam Spence and the Nicols had done something similar for every NFL team back in the '70s.

For the kids who have never heard it, the Raiders theme song.

+rep.  When I was a kid, there was a show called NFL Review/Preview.  They just showed highlights from the previous week's games to all the NFL Films music.  I watched it religiously.  I believe it may have come on just before The Tom Landry Show Sunday AMs.

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

These are some of my favorites...

"At last this was Bill Kilmer's kind of game. Tough, brawling, rough-hewn but crudely effective. Helmet askew, belly protruding, socks sagging around his ankles, Kilmer was once again spiritual leader of the Redskins. Jerry Smith was wide open but the ball never arrived, for between Kilmer and his receiver loomed another trick of the gods: the goalposts."

Freaking goalposts also cost the Redskins in the 1945 NFL Championship game when a Sammy Baugh pass bounced off the uprights and went backwards for a safety. Final Score: Rams 15, Redskins 14. It was no wonder they couldn't win the Super Bowl until after the horrid scourge of the goal posts were finally moved to the back of the endzone.