Grad transfer thread

Sbbruin

On 4/6/2018 at 5:34 PM, Parliament said:

Speckt ain't gonna start at ANY FBS school. Have you seen him play?

Ohio State QB Joe Burrow is a prospect I guess. And Herman may be interested?

I’ve been thinking  this for a while now. I think we’ll see how comfortable Herman really is with the QB room if this guy transfers. His film from the OSU spring games has looked pretty solid. He was Mr. Football in Ohio his senior year if my memory is worth a damn.

11 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

I’ve been thinking  this for a while now. I think we’ll see how comfortable Herman really is with the QB room if this guy transfers. His film from the OSU spring games has looked pretty solid. He was Mr. Football in Ohio his senior year if my memory is worth a damn.

And he's a baller.  

4 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

T&P Sbb

As a UM grad, I’ve seen Speight play quite a bit. He’s decent with a clean pocket but not particularly athletic,.I don’t see how he fits into a Chip Kelly offense. He’s probably trying to stack half a UCLA grad degree on his Michigan undergrad for free. Not a bad strategy. Diversify your bonds and shit. And it’s a big step up in weather.

1 hour ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

fify 

Given what we've rolled out at QB the last few years, I'd take a chance on Burrows. He still has 2 years of eligibility and Herman recruited him to Ohio State. Should be a solid fit for the offense.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
Added eligibility.

As a UM grad, I’ve seen Speight play quite a bit. He’s decent with a clean pocket but not particularly athletic,.I don’t see how he fits into a Chip Kelly offense. He’s probably trying to stack half a UCLA grad degree on his Michigan undergrad for free. Not a bad strategy. Diversify your bonds and shit. And it’s a big step up in weather.
I agree with this. I'm just surprised Chip Kelly would have an unathletic qb on his team. Seems he's either really desperate, or he's trying a new strategy. This should be fun lol.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

I agree with this. I'm just surprised Chip Kelly would have an unathletic qb on his team. Seems he's either really desperate, or he's trying a new strategy. This should be fun lol.

Eagles' Sam Bradford part 2...without the quick decision making but better eyesight. Probably just wants to save DTR a beating as a freshman.

Eagles' Sam Bradford part 2...without the quick decision making but better eyesight. Probably just wants to save DTR a beating as a freshman.
I concur. I've seen him play, and he's got a decent arm, but he's totally fucked if their line sucks and he has no time to throw. I know nothing about UCLA, so who knows how he'll fare.

14 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Given what we've rolled out at QB the last few years, I'd take a chance on Burrows. He still has 2 years of eligibility and Herman recruited him to Ohio State. Should be a solid fit for the offense.

I'm for any strategy that prevents a freshman QB from taking crucial snaps. We need to break the cycle.

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Because he's transferring is no indication he is going to get the start.  He'll get an opportunity, but that's it.  We shall see.

Because he's transferring is no indication he is going to get the start.  He'll get an opportunity, but that's it.  We shall see.
You're right. I wasn't (or didn't mean to, anyway) indicate that he was being handed the job. I said I didn't know anything about UCLA, so I don't know who y'all have behind Rosen.

Not one from Ohio.

ETA

Urby has more recently recruited more "convenional" quarterbacks. They have some mobility, but they aren't Braxton Miller. Burrow is an example.

Since 2015 Urby has tried to pivot to an offense that relies on the QB run less and failed every time. He continues to insist he's gonna do it. Today he has TWO great runningbacks, and only a RS frosh QB with significant mobility. And he's a liliputian.

It's all very weird but there's a great offense in there if he sticks with it. Maybe Herman is thinking the same thing. Keep that spread run "look" but don't make your QB do the running.

20 hours ago, Parliament said:

Since 2015 Urby has tried to pivot to an offense that relies on the QB run less and failed every time. He continues to insist he's gonna do it. Today he has TWO great runningbacks, and only a RS frosh QB with significant mobility. And he's a liliputian.

Is that a fancy word for Tater Tat?

https://theozone.net/2018/04/matthew-burrell-transferring-ohio-state/

Fourth-year junior offensive lineman Matthew Burrell announced via social media on Wednesday that he is transferring from the Ohio State football program.

Burrell, from Woodbridge, Virginia, was a valuable reserve guard for the Buckeyes in 2016 and 2017. He earned letters in each of the past two seasons, playing in 25 of OSU’s 27 games in that span.

Burrell signed with Ohio State as the No. 7 offensive guard prospect in the 2015 recruiting class. He redshirted as a true freshman.

I was wrong.

On 4/16/2018 at 6:15 PM, BigOrange1 said:

I would definitely offer him as he has 2 years left if I'm not mistaken.  He was playing pretty solid before the ACL injury.  Wouldn't be a bad idea adding some depth and he's decent to good out of the backfield as a pass catcher.

1 hour ago, CowboyFred said:

I would definitely offer him as he has 2 years left if I'm not mistaken.  He was playing pretty solid before the ACL injury.  Wouldn't be a bad idea adding some depth and he's decent to good out of the backfield as a pass catcher.

He has 1 year left as he played in 2014, 2015, and 2016. He was injured after 2 games last year.

Edited by HtownHorn

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

https://theozone.net/2018/04/matthew-burrell-transferring-ohio-state/

Fourth-year junior offensive lineman Matthew Burrell announced via social media on Wednesday that he is transferring from the Ohio State football program.

Burrell, from Woodbridge, Virginia, was a valuable reserve guard for the Buckeyes in 2016 and 2017. He earned letters in each of the past two seasons, playing in 25 of OSU’s 27 games in that span.

Burrell signed with Ohio State as the No. 7 offensive guard prospect in the 2015 recruiting class. He redshirted as a true freshman.

I was wrong.

Is there confirmation anywhere that he'd be a grad transfer?