Formula One 2020

wood

I missed FP3, what happened that caused so many sports books take down being able to place race winner bets?

I guess they took a hit with Checo winning last week at +3300 or whatever he was, so wonder with Mercs somewhat shaky performances are they are wanting to limit exposure for a bit?

Bit late to make a switch at this point, isn’t it?

“After qualifying third on his return ahead of tomorrow’s season finale, Hamilton said he was “not 100%”, had ‘lost a good amount of weight’ and had been “bedridden” since his last appearance at the Bahrain Grand Prix two weeks ago. Wolff said it’s ‘absolutely his call to decide whether he’s fit enough or not’ to take part in tomorrow’s race. The 55-lap grand prix took over an hour and a half to complete last year.“

https://www.racefans.net/2020/12/12/up-to-hamilton-to-decide-if-hes-fit-enough-to-race-wolff/

On 12/13/2020 at 8:49 AM, Fastbreak said:

I’m thinking of going to Australia in March. My buddy is retiring back to Melbourne a few weeks before. A week of golf and racing would be sweet. 

Think Oz will be letting people in by then? They just extended their travel ban til March.

Edited by wood

Bets for the teammate performances next year?

Erasing things like mechanical retirements or crashes not of their causing, ive got the following:

The obvious:

Raikkonen > Giovinazzi

Schumacher > Mazepin

Russell > Latifi

Hamilton > Bottas

Gasly > Tsunoda

Verstappen > whomever

Close battles:

LeClerc > Sainz

Alonso > Ocon (age, break from sport)

Stroll > Vettel (yes, im going on a limb)

Ricciardo > Norris

Pietro Fittipaldi fanboying during the prerace is lowkey great

"
They were doing the ‘End Racism’ moment, and I had Lewis Hamilton three positions down from me, there was Vettel with me, and I had all these guys, like Daniel Ricciardo, all these guys that I grew up watching, and I was there with them. That’s when it hit me, like, ‘Man, I’m one of the 20, racing with these guys.’ Like, ‘Man, we made it to Formula 1.’
"
https://racer.com/2020/12/16/after-f1-debut-fittipaldi-eager-for-indycar-return/

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Bets for the teammate performances next year?

Erasing things like mechanical retirements or crashes not of their causing, ive got the following:

The obvious:

Raikkonen > Giovinazzi

Schumacher > Mazepin

Russell > Latifi

Hamilton > Bottas

Gasly > Tsunoda

Verstappen > whomever

Close battles:

LeClerc > Sainz

Alonso > Ocon (age, break from sport)

Stroll > Vettel (yes, im going on a limb)

Ricciardo > Norris

I don't think Alonso v Ocon will be that close & belongs more in the 'obvious' section. Alonso is fit, refreshed, and motivated, and Ocon is just not that great imho.

Surprisingly, Kimi vs Gio was very close this year, with Gio winning the Qualy battle 9-8, losing to Kimi in the races, and tying in points.